Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
What´s your favourite unit in Tiberian Sun?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [90 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Mammoth Mark II and an Orca Carryall Twisted Evil

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any AA thing could take it out, and bye-bye MMK2

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, fremen5 your aren't much of a strategist are you... what you do is build like 3 carryalls and 1 mkII then you send the other two in front of the one carrying the MKII, they will only manage to shoot down one... unless of course they use the firestorm generator they will take out all three with the click of their mouse.

I have to say stealth tanks, light infanty, and devil's tongue are me favorite units in TS... that you can play with.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emp there base against sam. but an emp aint much use against FS Walls so what u do is put ur mkII outside the fs walls. disruptor sonic rays and railguns can shoot through firestorm. get the mkII to start shooting at powerplants or the fs generator through the fs wall (normally the fs generator is one of the newest buildings the enemy has built so it should be on the edge of their base. also newly build powerplants are on the edge of their base. get the mkII or disruptors to shoot through the wall. bye bye fs

another trick to getting rid of firestorm is to get rid of the walls. get disc throwers to fire at the ground and hopefully the discs will bounce and hit the fs wall. keep them defended by sams and defense and juggernauts. also juggernauts or artillery are good for removing fs walls. these small attacks will get the enemy on high alert and they will try and get small units on u. if u destroy the small units the enemy will hopefully take out there army. this will make their army vulnerable.

#The fREaK!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The point of a Carryall is to move around the MMK2 quickly and freely until you approach a base. Then you just start blowing things up. You can also fly around, looking for enemy harvesters. When you find one, just land and let the MMK2 blow it up... Twisted Evil Then quickly load it into the Carryall and fly away.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a lone mkII would be slaughtered. always guard it with tons of mlrs and infantry

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oy... instead of doing all that crap for the Firestorm, why not just wait till it dyes off... just hold your ground for about 30 seconds and you can walk right over it no prob... or just take that opportunity to destroy the walls... just in case.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account AIM Address
Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

because deactivitating it is possible and then activating again then 2

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

quite, or you could sneek in a stealth tank each time a harvester comes in and out, if they don't have a MSA and keep them away from infantry

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ALWAYS BUILD A MSA

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i do

Captain Sword
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Titan, All around good ground unit

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like mechs much at all I'm A tank person... that is why I like TD and RA best. and that is also why I'm trying to make many tank voxels... so I can make TS full of them, and no mechs MUAHAHAHA....

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like tanks, i like mechs, i like hover units, i like all of them.

i doubt there wouldnt be an msa unless the person was a total fool

the_kid
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe... I'm a total fool... although I do use a MSA... but I have been beaten by the computer before so... bet that fools!

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the vehicle theif guy. Then you can ave ANY unit in the game. Also you can capture a civ unit and use it as a scout.
As for legal units I like the MLRS even though i prefer the alternate style in the mix file.

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As GDI i like : Rushing with disk throwers Very Happy
And NOD well hmmm... Cyborg Commando
And in my mod.... Intate

(as an laser trooper but with double lasers and a converted YR SHP Of Course Wink )

wir
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*edit*

Last edited by wir on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally love the Orca Bomber: big, heavily armoured and will simply eat through armies of tanks or closely packed buildings. Cyborgs and tiberium is also a good combination.

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well
I like the Titan

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wir wrote:
I love tits

Smile I like them as well #Fade in

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a good idea everyone add themselves as a buildable unit in their mods oh and your friends if need be then everyone has a favorite unit
i added me hehe (no snide comments plz)
complete with railguns

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Cyborg Reaper!, they look cool and sound cool... my fave tactic was

sending forth legions upon legions of them, especially if their blessed with nearby tiberium patches.... Twisted Evil

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freak

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Wink

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with that is that it's hardly cost effective, and if they fail, you have elite/veteren units coming to get you...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never had that much of a problem, ,they usually wiped out key structures before becoming piles of tiberium.. creating a perfect ecosystem for the next attack,...which was waiting in a nearby tiberium field.....but its their rapid ability to heal that makes it work..but yea it isnt cheap, but it worked for me..

Ackron
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CC with rocket troopers and a few tts

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like tick tanks, even though they're weak. They can on GDI units with little problems (except range) and, as I recall, have a faster ROF than a Titan. However, their shell's strength is laughable compared to a titan.

Ma$$iKrE
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: favorite unit in tiberian sun Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i know it sounds strange but i like cyborg commando
then this is the weird 1
i like usin hyjackers 2 take cyvilian units like buses its fun! Twisted Evil

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

purple!

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carryall! Very Happy

They should have given the carryall the ability to transport your harvesters, like in Dune 2000.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The old mammoth tanks that you find in the abandon GDI base in the last GDI mission.

Watching all 3 reach elite status brought tears to my eyes ^__^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Kiith-Sa
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod:Tick tanks and artillery for defense,Cyborg Commando and Sub APC with Engineers for offense.
GDI:Mamooth MK2,Disc Thrower and Medic for defense,Disruptor and Orca Bomber for offense.

dawkeb
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Engineers. They are always important cause
they can fix everything and capture. Smile
And cyborgs of course. #Robot

Last edited by dawkeb on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dontcha mean cyborgs?

dawkeb
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course.
I am just having "writing error" week now.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah ok sorry

Paradox
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't have a single favourite, but juggernaut, cyborg reaper, mmkII, cyborgs.

cyborg apc rush then send in the reapers to heal from the tib created by the dead cyborgs Smile

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first there going to destrooy base defences ORCA bombers with titans if there are rocket infantry's use disk throwets and MEdics to heal them you don't realy want The BIg exposion. Infantry's in teberium can turn into vesceroids and when enemy will try to kill them use orcas and titans the take out The firestorm generator if you can and then MAMOTH MK 2 which got rail gun use it to help destroy construction yard which should be atacked by ION CANNON and at last use infantry's to destroy elektro stations which are visible and destroy THe enmy! (not full strategy) hunter seeker not needed

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum