Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WIPs
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 11 [505 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaRTzO wrote:
IMO they all look kinda crap, the pod makes it look cartoonish and un-realistic (yeah, I know sci-fi), but Tiberium would look cool if it was bursting out of the earth with some cracks around it, kinda like in Starcraft, except smaller scale of course.

Nope nope nope nope nope!

Tiberium isn't a crystal. Tiberium is a plant that sucks up minerals and deposits it in a crystal. If it doesn't have a pod, it isn't Tiberium.

The size of the pods isn't that important though, as long as they're visible. But if we get recoloured StarCraft crystals, I'm going to the USA, buy a shitload of artillery and I will BOMB Actiblizzard's HQ until it's a crater of burned WoW money and bloody gibs. #Mad

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They already did it with TW.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they did the pods because of the engine limiation and it's understandable, i'd advice to use the tib with pods, because without it, atleast in these older engines, tib looks like absolute shit.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls wrote:

Tiberium isn't a crystal. Tiberium is a plant that sucks up minerals and deposits it in a crystal. If it doesn't have a pod, it isn't Tiberium.

Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip.

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip.

That reminds me.

The original Scrin design that WestWood made for Tiberian Dawn looks kind of like the Sesame Street aliens.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and they scared the shit out of me when i was a kid.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case the podded version (right most one) looks the best. Smile Somehow it looks cute more then a dangerous bio mutating plant. xD

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's going on over there in Russia Ganster? ^_^ how are your holidays?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

terrain 2.0

setup6.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.19 MB
 Viewed:  24183 Time(s)

setup6.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

super HD tib sun  Surprised

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty crazy... amazing really. You managed to recreate it beautifully and yet it IS the same old TS I feel.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really quite incredible!

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mind blowingly good detail and nice scale.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

....oh my goodness...I knew it was gonna be good when Apollo linked me but...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fifteen years later and I still love me some Tiberian Sun, and it's people like Gangster and Aro who keep this alive. I love it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to disagree with Bolt, this doesn't have the TS feel to me - I can like this.

The sole nitpick I can see that the Recon Bike and the Buggy has different shadow angle compared to the rest. Great job regardless.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like those harvesters are going have a goood munch on that there yummy looking Tiberium. #Tongue

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's the most ztyping beautiful thing I have seen in my entire life!!!!!!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Overpainting on cliffs

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  224.64 KB
 Viewed:  23988 Time(s)

image.jpg

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet jesus, this looks awesome.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All I see is compression.

MrDeviance
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Gangster. I only just found out about your amazing work a few hours ago.
I am blown away by what you've done.
I am curios.
How large are the sprites that you are remaking?
Are you remaking them with a target 1080 monitor in mind or maybe 4k for the future?

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh lovely. I adore it all.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Emperor on Earth! That looks fantastic!

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Is this done with PhotoShop or some kind of real screenshot?

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

look amazing! I hope it's from real game but since i can't see sharp edge around each object [like flora] make me guess I's Photoshop. Sad

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jeez gangster this is more of a "In yo face" Graphics Very Happy

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. It is a Ps. It is not for fooling you folks but a part of desingning process. content been shown is on pre-convert stage. In Ps I assemble all pieces together do clean up and color correction and controlling  a overall quality by compairing elements to each other. And eventualy I gather enough content and it start looking very much as ingame screenshot.  It been posted in WIP for a reason.

Anyway another WIP screen.

- updated clear terrain texture
- attempt on LAT
- brainstorming dark and grassy terrain texture
- more fonas variations and edge clean up

Last edited by Gangster on Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd like to ask, is it possible to make an animation in Photoshop for all of that flora  ?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bu7loos wrote:
I'd like to ask, is it possible to make an animation in Photoshop for all of that flora  ?

That depends on what kind of animation you are looking for. But something nice and simple can be done, yes. With Ps and mostly with Adobe After effect.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster!!!!!!! you're the best! <3

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just had a hard-on.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FRICK YEAH.

My only feedback, they might benefit from having small root structures on the bottom, I'm picturing like one pixel wide blackish feathery roots that'll help blend them in with the terrain tile they're on top of.
Difficult to describe, but the Firestorm foliage had that kind of root stuff, and I think it was a good move

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I offer my help in setting up an OpenRA development environment for you. Getting started and keeping pace with all the engine changes isn't easy right now.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M. wrote:
I offer my help in setting up an OpenRA development environment for you. Getting started and keeping pace with all the engine changes isn't easy right now.

I am gladly take it. Tho engine is missing a feature wich I would prefer to be there before start converting content. I mean an ability to have more then one palette for terrain tiles. It is clearly seen now that I wont be able to fit every thing in 256 colors with out major quality loss.
It more like I would need a palette for group of tilesets. One for water, for paved roads, for grassy etc.

But anyway I have to admit I do need a help with creating a stand-alone mod. Because updates on TS mod are usually breaks current RW tech build. And I take time to fix. Pressious time I could spare on progressing mog

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you send or link me what you have already set up in Red Alert 2? I have some converter scripts which allow me to give you a stub mod with a working asset browser and map editor in a reasonable time frame.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you inherit the TS mod directly then? Using the TS mod's defaults.yaml atleast should decrease conflicts with bleed - assuming you mod that -, since then you only have to change what is necessary, but I guess you coulda inherit complete units/weapons from TS even at your current stage.

Moving out stuff as much as possible from the end unit into templates would help you a lot even though inheriting sadly only works with rules atm.

A similar approach could be that you only have override yamls - yamls are read from top to bottom in their order in mod.yaml - and use your own mod yamls as something like how RA2 map ini worked with reusing the TS IDs for now. That should decrease the conflicts a ton.

Hell, you could even give me a PM and I'll gladly set such up for you within 2-3 days. I'm in a great modding roll lately.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
I mean an ability to have more then one palette for terrain tiles.

yes sir... more palettes is necessary, maybe 10-15 palettes (max)

pchote
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is doable, and not even particularly difficult.  It would be exposed via a Palette field on the individual terrain templates.  Just don't do something crazy like a palette per template, because that would ruin performance.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From Pod, to patch, to Seth field.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cute lil' Tibies :3 I think it needs a bit more than just 5 pods per cell, though. Not as much as in TS (the patches looked overcrowded and the cell shape was too obvious), but maybe 1 or 2 more.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice tiberium Gangster.
Are you reducing the growing stages from 12 to 8 for Rewire?

Crimsonum wrote:
Cute lil' Tibies :3 I think it needs a bit more than just 5 pods per cell, though.
Yeah, I thought about Tibby too. Smile
The 5 pods on this one are ok imo. There could be other bigger and smaller patches with more/less pods to give them some variety.
This one should represent the normal density, with 3 of 12 patches having 6-7 pods and some other patches even having only 3-4 pods (but maybe bigger ones)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't thing it blends in. It does not look like a natural field...

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prety much sure i will blend. It did already on consept scene. Just need to carfuly bring this look to the game.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Gangster wrote:
I mean an ability to have more then one palette for terrain tiles.

yes sir... more palettes is necessary, maybe 10-15 palettes (max)

A suggested implementation https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/10246 is ready for testing.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
I don't thing it blends in. It does not look like a natural field...

This is only 1 patch of tiberium. In the games, Tiberium has 12 different patches (plus 4 for slopes). Once the other patches are done, they will most likely look very natural when they are placed randomly next to each other.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, ok. Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. I ll probably stick to a 8 frames for now.

6 pods, 7 patches and better detalied
Grow\Spread test

Enough to have a start with.

Composed preview*

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! And you even included roots.

I just had a random idea: how about adding the tiberium mold as some kind of overlay so that it can spread (and possibly be harvested) as well?

I'd imagine that it'd spread the same way as veins, with the difference that it'd be able to spread over cliffs as well (although that's probably hard to pull off, even in OpenRA) and it'd need a similar source like a veinhole monster or blossom tree to spread from (the fauna would already be a fitting source).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Tib looks awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 9 of 11 [505 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon