Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DTA MOTY 2015
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject:  DTA MOTY 2015 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Dawn of the Tiberium Age has seen a good number of additions and improvements this year and we're still going strong!

Of these mentioned additions and improvements, some notable ones are new units, improved naval and overall balance, improved stability and compatibility, multiplayer saves, many new maps and of course a good number of Co-Op missions such as "Chrono Hazard" and "Freezing Offensive".

If you've already seen these Co-Op play-through videos, fear not: you can look forward to a play-through video of the "Double Team" Co-Op mission this Friday.

And as you might have guessed, since the year is almost over it's of course time to vote for the Mod of the Year again.

So if you feel DTA deserves it, please drop a vote if you haven't already and if you can't pick, just remember that you can vote for as many mods as you like.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voted +1 for DTA and TI.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Voted +1 for DTA and TI.

Ditto.

Btw, a little off-topic, I'm not sure if it's a new Moddb feature or not, but I really like how the small previews of GIFs are also animated.

The two explosions on the header are also a nice touch, too bad they only play once Sad

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Animated GIF previews are indeed a new Mod DB feature.

The two explosions in the header actually do loop, but only once every two minutes in order to not be too distracting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Einhander
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Take all my votes! To be honest DTA is the only mod that has ever maintained my attention. That is an EXTREMELY difficult task.

Continue your diligent work and I will continue on my "projects".

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voted +1 for DTA

Edit : The video of Freezing Offensive is very cool, I like to see the screen of each players.  Smile
I don't remember to have so many units at the start of the mission...

Laser Technology: 3%   The Brotherhood of Nod: 5%   (Secret) The War of Tomorrow: 5%   (Super Secret) The White Princess: 1%

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I don't remember to have so many units at the start of the mission...

It was edited recently. The powerful, special commandos were replaced by a bunch of Rifle infantry and Rocket infantry.

Sombracier
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, ok, so it's a "secret change log".  Razz
As always, it's very impressive to see your skill on DTA, I remember to have a hard time to finish this map with a friend on normal difficulty. I'm not like Bittah who move his MCV for a ore spot surround of fog of war at 4min in the video. XD (especially after see so many tanks on the other side of the bridge at the begining)

By the way, sometime in the video you use hotkey, right ? There is a list somewhere for all hotkey of DTA ?

Laser Technology: 3%   The Brotherhood of Nod: 5%   (Secret) The War of Tomorrow: 5%   (Super Secret) The White Princess: 1%

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sombracier wrote:
I'm not like Bittah who move his MCV for a ore spot surround of fog of war at 4min in the video. XD (especially after see so many tanks on the other side of the bridge at the begining)

Actually, that's me. I'm purple, while Bittah is blue.

But yeah, to get enough resources to defend against the massive Commando + tank rush on Hard (beginning from 8:15), you need to be aggressive (but careful) in the beginning. If you're too slow, you might survive against that attack, but die against the next one (I was fairly close to dying here too, I might've died had the AI not been dumb at 10:20).

Overall, it's a quite difficult mission on Hard (there's a big gap compared to Medium). Far from impossible, but quite difficult. Looking at statistics, it took me and Bittah 15 tries until we beat it for the first time, although after that we've been able to beat it consistently with the tactics shown in the video.

Sombracier wrote:
By the way, sometime in the video you use hotkey, right ? There is a list somewhere for all hotkey of DTA ?

You can check them in-game. Options menu -> Game Controls -> Keyboard.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait what? I didn't know you can have difficulty-specific triggers in TS. Did you fix it via a hack or a workaround?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Wait what? I didn't know you can have difficulty-specific triggers in TS. Did you fix it via a hack or a workaround?

Work-around. The missions for different difficulty levels simply use different maps, with difficulty level adjustments #Tongue

That being said, the client actually makes it possible to have difficulty-specific triggers. You can create globals in Rules.ini for different difficulty levels, and then the client could activate those globals on game start by injecting a trigger into the map. Then you can check if a specific global is set to determine the used difficulty level. The client already does this for single-player missions in DTA, btw. It would be easy to enable it for multiplayer as well.

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Co-Op missions simply use separate maps for different difficulty levels, which means that the difficulty levels can be made different in any way we like.
This was implemented before another work-around was added to also make it possible to have difficulty-specific triggers for singleplayer missions however. In DTA the client now checks which difficulty level a mission or campaign is started with and then adds a trigger to the map that'll enable a global (Difficulty Easy, Difficulty Medium or Difficulty Hard). This global is then used as the event for certain triggers so that they won't fire if the global is or isn't set.

Edit: got ninja'd Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum