:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » PPM Zone » PPM Discussion Zone » Site Sections
Privacy Policy
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject:   Privacy Policy Reply with quote

Here's our privacy policy:

1) PPM is no business.

- PPM is made for the fun of visitors and members. This means that we don't have any commercial objectives and we do not seek your money. We do not collect/sell/care about/distribute/ any kind of private information about you. You are not obligated to put any kind of true information about you and anything personal.

2) (File/documents/data/any sort of material) (uploaded/distributed/posted) by fans is from the one(s) who made it.

- Any files that you create and/or post here is from the person (or group) who created it, including files uploaded in tutorials, maps, 3d models, files submitted to mod projects, etc... By submitting a file here, you allow everyone to download it (unless otherwise stated by yourself) and modify it as long as the original creator is credited (also, unless the original author states another rule for the file he submits). Also, by submitting the file here, you must make sure that you have authorization by the creator of the file to distribute it/ see it/expose it to everyone.

3) We don't put any harmful cookies.

- Our site uses the cookies from phpBB forums. The information on this cookie is used exclusively by phpBB forums used in PPM. Nothing else will use this info unless someone hacks into your computer or some malicious site use some bug from your navigator to view it. The information contained in your cookies will NEVER be seen by any other visitor, member or site administrator. However, some places may contain advertisements from Google, who is responsible for their own cookies (they are beyond our control).

4) Forum passwords are top secret to everyone, members, guests, visitors and site administrators.

- No one can see your password, even if you hack into our MySQL, because it's encrypted and neither the forums knows how to decrypt it. So, do not reveal it to anyone if you want no one to use it.

5) IPs, hostnames are not of our business if you don't do anything wrong.

- We will not distribute your IP, hostname or any other online data around if you do not try to hack us or any network near us (currently: Revora, TiberiumWeb, etc...) . This kind of data is used only to detect the person who hacked and how to avoid it happening again.

6) If the rules above change, we will post the change in the announcements forum or in a reply here.

If you have any comments, ideas, suggestions on how to improve it, feel free to post comments about it.

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 am; edited 5 times in total

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good set of rules, I like them

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text above has been updated with some grammar/spelling fixes and it also mentions Google Ads in the 3rd policy, which is something beyond our control.

The last rule was altered to allow me to post updates as replies in this topic. I don't think anyone will mind that change #Tongue.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 2nd paragraph should clearly mention the use of the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ license.
Of course, unless otherwise stated by the uploader.

... Just to make things even more clear, on a legal level.  Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I shouldn't. It's up to the user to determine its license. If the user does not determine the license, the terms stated above are more liberal than creative commons 4.0. I.e.: it does not prevent anyone from using these assets in commercial products as long as credits are given.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I guess I should have also added http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ when I typed my previous comment. This Creative Commons license is even more permissive (than the other I linked) since it allows commercial producs.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this would cover public assets, the same license wouldn't suit most mods that were uploaded here, considering their assets can only be used with the mod creator's permission.
Most mod creators also won't want to allow others to create modifications of their mod ("mod mods") and when they do, it's going to be under certain conditions (such as that the "mod mod" can't be stand-alone).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other problem that I've implicitly mentioned in my reply above and I'll make it more explicit here, is that this kind of license enforces that those who use these assets also use this same license. As I said above, it is up to the user to determine the license.

Quote:
ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. You made good points, guys Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » PPM Zone » PPM Discussion Zone » Site Sections
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon