Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Client
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 10 [481 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I just did a test. Played on Casey's Canyon where Ion Storms happen often, I was ordering around a few JJs when the Ion Storm triggered, they died, but no IE.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
Well, I just did a test. Played on Casey's Canyon where Ion Storms happen often, I was ordering around a few JJs when the Ion Storm triggered, they died, but no IE.

The issue doesn't always happen and is inconsistent. I believe that the biggest probability for a crash is when the ion storm starts just as some jumpjets are changing their height (like moving from on top of a cliff to clear ground).

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrmm intriguing.

I never experienced that IE before until playing this past week on Intoxication but I don't think I've ever had the AI use jumpjets on me in skirmish before either until playing with the 'harder AI' setting. It happened mid way through an Ion storm on me. probably the AI produced a team of JJs and tried to attack me with them causing them to want to take off into the air, I take it.

Shame there's probably no easy way to tell the game not to create AI teams of Jumpjets during Ion Storms and then to also force them to stay grounded during Ion Storms.

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought so, if the jjs didn't cause IEs in flight then that wasn't the cause, I kinda figured it was something the jjs were doing which would have been the direct cause. I just played intoxication on techlevel 4 without any IEs, even after multiple ion storms. The only possible fix and preferable one I have at the moment is to change the ais attack method in the ai.ini and replace the jjs with another unit for them to use as an alternative attack method. This would stop the ion storm ie caused by jjs but the ai wouldn't attack with jjs anymore.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe unrelated, but I recall from an older internal TI build when we had taskforces of GDI Hover APCs filled with JJets, the game would throw an IE when the APC was destroyed. Perhaps related to the whole 'different air layer' theory?

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
MadHQ wrote:
Why cants I build my favorite GDI unit the Juggernaut anymore?

I'm able to build the Juggernaut. Make sure that you have "Firestorm" selected as the Game Type in the Skirmish Lobby, top-left of the window.

... I forgot the Juggernaut was a FS unit...  Laughing

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 3.75 (September 19, 2015):
- The broken in-game main menu has been replaced with an image that notifies to run TiberianSun.exe instead of game.exe (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- The Tiberian Sun score screen has been restored (Credits: Bittah Commander)

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The music during the mission selection of the globe in the campaign doesn't play, and as soon as you start a new mission after the previous one has been completed the game music doesn't play unless you select it manually from the ingame menu.

igreyknighti
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: game crash on 2nd mission Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

buggy mess so far, 1st attempt in game menus were lagging after every click/when closing other menus and the game crashes, the launcher did work fine though.

I've tried using the different renderers but still get the same result, it's a shame cause this looked super promising

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which operating system and graphics card are you using?

Have you also tried windowed mode with different renderers? With some renderers this can give better performance on Windows 8 and Windows 10.
You can also enable borderless mode along with windowed mode and then select the same resolution as your desktop res to make it look exactly like full-screen mode, with the performance of windowed mode.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CabalCore wrote:
The music during the mission selection of the globe in the campaign doesn't play, and as soon as you start a new mission after the previous one has been completed the game music doesn't play unless you select it manually from the ingame menu.

Thanks for the report.

Version 3.76 (September 21, 2015):
- Map selection screen music is now enabled (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- Fixed some less common crashes in the CnCNet Lobby (Credits: Rampastring)
- Added: DDWrapper Renderer (Credits: Aqrit of http://bitpatch.com/ddwrapper.html , Rampastring)

CabalCore
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're welcome. Smile

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I seem to be having the same save game issue with my modded client as was fixed with DTA.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean that saved games often fail to load and just give you a black screen when you try to load them directly via the client?

If no issues are found, the fix that was applied for that in DTA will be applied to the TS client as well soon enough.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah that. I just ran into that issue and wasn't sure if the client was going to get the fix. I guess I should've been more patient then.

lindastacy3
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Yeah that. I just ran into that issue and wasn't sure if the client was going to get the fix. I guess I should've been more patient then.

Yeah having patience can get your goals achieved in shorter time.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new update has been released.

Version 3.80 (October 5, 2015):
  • Fixed: Saved games sometimes failed to load, resulting in a black screen in-game (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Fixed: Some waterfall animations were bugged (Credits: Bittah Commander)
  • Fixed: After loading a saved mission of a campaign and then progressing to the next mission, the difficulty level would always revert to Medium (Credits: Rampastring, Bittah Commander, FunkyFr3sh)
  • Fixed: Custom maps weren't transferred properly (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Changed: FinalSun now saves multiplayer maps as .map (Credits: Bittah Commander)
  • Changed: The client now automatically renames .mpr maps to .map
  • Changed: Players with modified files will no longer be automatically kicked when they join a game on CnCNet, but a warning message will be shown instead (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Changed: Custom maps now have their names shown in red to make it clear that the gameplay might be different from stock maps (Credits: Rampastring)

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
[*]Changed: FinalSun now saves multiplayer maps as .map (Credits: Bittah Commander)

Does FinalSun detect SP maps as MP maps?
I did the .map trick some time ago, but FA2 read SP maps as a MP map as well. Changing the .map back to .mpr solved it.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 3.83 (October 16, 2015):
- Multiplayer games can now be saved and loaded (Credits: Rampastring)
- Enabled some previously unused videos in the Firestorm campaigns (Credits: Bittah Commander)
- The CnCNet game counter in the main menu has been hidden because it was misleading (Credits: Rampastring)

mploadgame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.92 KB
 Viewed:  22797 Time(s)

mploadgame.png

gco.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.1 KB
 Viewed:  22797 Time(s)

gco.png

cybermind
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just installed Tiberian Sun Client and now I have a question: how to make menu animations work as in original game (not instantly)? I've tried all possible renderers, but without any effect.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not related to the renderers, but it's a hack that Iran added to the spawner some reason.

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where is the documentation for modders on how to use the client for your own mod?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Documentation?
Look how the files are set and then change them.
Set ModMode=true in Resources\MainClient.ini to prevent autoupdates, so changes on your inis aren't changed back.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Documentation?
Look how the files are set and then change them.
Set ModMode=true in Resources\MainClient.ini to prevent autoupdates, so changes on your inis aren't changed back.

But say for instance a private mod has a massive amount of new shp, voxel, Audio, and terrain files? Just put the all in a new ecache files(ecache03-ecachexx) like normal? Or do we have to do it similar to how TI does it?

Also the ini's  that have been heavily modded over the years (ai, art, rules, sound) cannot just simply just override the defaults within the client, can they?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MIX-files work the same as always, with the difference that they need to be in the MIX directory and you can't place MIX-files inside of other MIX-files. So you can either do it like TI or place everything in EcacheXX.mix (I recommend that you do it in an organized way however, rather than dumping everything into a single MIX-file).

It should also be fine to directly use your INI files, with the exception of battle.ini or battlefs.ini, since those need to be edited to include the proper paths to the mission maps.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new update has been released!

Version 4.01 (January 24, 2016):
  • Added: LAN multiplayer support (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Fixed: Units will no longer aggressively chase enemy units automatically (Credits: AlexB)
  • Fixed: Updater and custom component settings sometimes displayed "Cannot configure while connected to CnCNet" even when you weren't connected to CnCNet (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Fixed: The client has been optimized to work better with the GameSurge multiplayer servers (Credits: Rampastring)
  • Improved: The game will no longer crash when there's more than 75 buildable objects, instead additional objects will be hidden (Credits: AlexB)
  • Changed: The Statistics, Map Editor and Credits buttons have been moved under a new "Extras" menu (Credits: Rampastring, Bittah Commander)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version 4.02 (January 25, 2016):
- Units set to Area Guard mode (by pressing G) will now revert to default (Guard) mode when you tell them to Stop (by pressing S) (Credits: AlexB)
- Improved the style of various client windows (Credits: Rampastring)

Version 4.03 (January 31, 2016):
- Jumpjet infantry no longer have a chance of crashing the game when an Ion Storm starts (Credits: AlexB)

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly is FSR.ini used for by the way? It appears to be new.

Also, when I used the SideOptionPrerequisites setting in the GameOptions, it didn't appear to work. Although this was a while ago.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
What exactly is FSR.ini used for by the way? It appears to be new.

FSR=Final Sun Rules.ini
It's a way to give FinalSun different categories for buildings by using houses.
It also helps giving FinalSun different images than the game (e.g. to fix some graphics that are normally shown wrong in FS)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ok, that makes sense. What do the colors on the spawn houses mean exactly though?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They mean nothing. They're just a way to distinguish the different spawn houses from one another.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I guess that doesn't actually translate into any change in color in Final Sun or anything.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course it does. Just place down some different structures or units on the map, change their owners to the different spawn houses and see for yourself.
Final Sun only supports 4 different colors: gold, red, grey and bright yellow.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did you get multiplayer save game loading working? We tried it but couldn't get it to work like a year ago.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How did you get spawn houses working?

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How exactly does the sidebar hack work by the way? There doesn't seem to be any documentation on it. And is there any way to apply this to the client.

Also, I'm still having an issue where I can't disable sides using the SideOptionPrerequisites entry.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Also, I'm still having an issue where I can't disable sides using the SideOptionPrerequisites entry.

Could you show your code?

The UnloadingHarvester hack is for game.exe, it basically doesn't have anything to do with the client. I could try it, but not anytime soon because I'm busy with school.

Bittah can probably answer the SidebarHack question, I'm not an expert on it.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh ok, so I need to just apply it in some way to the game.exe the client spawns? I wasn't sure if that's just what I needed to do or not. I probably need to just do that for the sidebar hack.

As for the SideOptionPrerequisites, I'll leave the game options ini below. I basically just renamed the Firestorm option for my mod like the Enhanced mode in DTA.

GameOptions.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GameOptions.ini
 Filesize:  9.23 KB
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the sidebar hack is enabled in Spawn.ini, it makes the game search for side-specific MIX files for 3rd factions and up when a new faction is selected.
For example, when you select the 4th faction, the game will search for Sidec04.mix, SideCD04.mix and Speech04.mix and the give "Unable to load scenario!" error when any of these files aren't found.
When the hack isn't enabled in Spawn.ini, the game will just use Sidec02.mix, SideCD02.mix and Speech02.mix for all but the first faction (GDI).

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I copied Side01 and Side02 as Side03 and Side04. Whenever the hack is enabled, it loads Nod files for GDI, GDI files for Nod. For the third and forth sides, it loads Nod Sidebar files with the GDI Speech files. I have no idea what's going on here.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSClient game.exe doesn't come with the extra sides hack enabled. It can be applied using LKO's ModExe tool
http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37926

Enable [ForcedSpawnIniOptions] -> SidebarHack=Yes in GameOptions.ini and have side specific mix files for
like 3rd side - sidec03.mix, sidecd03.mix, sidenc03.mix, speech03.mix and e01scd03.mix.

Sidebar works with these changes, but I did test them with skirmish only.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ok, yes it did seem to be that. I didn't even think about it at the time.

Still nothing on the SideOptionPrerequisites though.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually applied those hacks last Monday and thought I sent it Rampastring already, but it seems I haven't (well, I did, but it excluded the spawner patches for testing purposes and thus obviously couldn't be used for the client's TS build). A new update that does include the necessary hacks will likely be uploaded soon.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Still nothing on the SideOptionPrerequisites though.

I don't know about you, but at least I need to sleep sometimes.

Anyway, your problem is that you're testing in Skirmish, but you don't have any SideOptionPrerequisites= under [SkirmishLobby]. It needs to exist separately for the Skirmish and CnCNet game lobbies.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing I understand, but I live in the US so it was mid day for me.

It did seem like that fixed the problem, I'm surprised that was the issue to be honest.

About the new update, does that mean the game.exe shipping with the client will contain a couple pre-installed patches then? If so, outside of the sidebar hack, will it contain any more hacks?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It contains a number of patches. For starters it has Iran's spawner features that are necessary to start matches directly from the client without having to use the ingame menus and also to make use of the Spawn# houses on maps. Additionally the spawner also includes various other features and fixes, as well as HyperPatch.

Aside from that there's also AlexB's fixes:
- prevent units in Guard mode from chasing enemy units all over the map
- a fix that makes units in Area Guard mode revert back to Guard mode when you press S
- a fix to prevent the game from crashing if an ion storm starts when a Jump Jet infantry is in the air
- a fix to prevent more than 75 cameos from appearing on the sidebar and thus crashing the game
- a hack to allow tiberium to do 0 damage when it has Power=0 specified and also to make it do 5 times as much damage to infantry as normal (this has been compensated for via Rules.ini so that it does the same damage as before and the benefit of this is that it's now also possible for tiberium that does a lot of damage to infantry to still use debris for its chain reaction).

And in addition to that there's of course my hacks to make the game load INI and MIX files from sub-directories and Iran's hacks to allow the game to load side-specific files for new factions.
It also includes the logger that Hyper originally added to DTA.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't I do the Power=0 hack for tiberium?

Anyway the spawner system is a copy of hifi's spawner for Red Alert 1, code is pretty much the same too.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran wrote:
Didn't I do the Power=0 hack for tiberium?

Anyway the spawner system is a copy of hifi's spawner for Red Alert 1, code is pretty much the same too.

You did, but AlexB did a new one because it wasn't possible for blue tiberium to have a proper chain-reaction, while still doing the same damage to to infantry as in vanilla TS. This is why blue tiberium did 0 damage to infantry in both DTA and TI for a good while.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah was wondering.

Didn't know the cameo limit was an issue, isn't that much of an issue to prevent more than 75 from appearing. It's harder to allow it to have more than 75 because of savegame support, else it would be really easy to add support for more cameos. The anti-cheat code I wrote already does something similar to prevent sidebar hacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 10 [481 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon