Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
WIPs
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 10 of 11 [505 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, marvelous tib. Thanks for staying true to the roots by adding roots. Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect! of Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!

Gangster wrote:
Yes. I ll probably stick to a 8 frames for now.

I hope this doesn't cause any balancing issues.
TD/TS/RA2 are based on 12 frames, each frame being a bail in the harvester. A harvester having a storage of 28 bails, thus about 2 and a half patches of tib/ore.

With fewer frames, a tib field is faster depleted (3 and half patches in one harv)
or
if the 8 frames are worth as many bails as 12 frames, the havester would be faster full, thus giving faster money. (like the gems in RA1 which had fewer frames and thus were much faster harvested)

Maybe you just duplicate a few frames to get to the normal number of 12 frames. e.g. you could double the frames 2 4 6 an 8

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've  thought exactly same last night. But if I would go with second way I can also adjust harvester's loading time for bail. So in theory I can emulate "12 frames economy" with math.

But to be honest I do wantta faster depleting fields. We will see. I'll might add more stages if it will be requred.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey gangster is that close up shot actually possible to look that detailed in game? or was it just concept art? When I showed my brother this he was amazed and he began talking about "DPI" and how he thought that RA2YR doesn't support it and is wondering if it's being done

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
Hey gangster is that close up shot actually possible to look that detailed in game? or was it just concept art? When I showed my brother this he was amazed and he began talking about "DPI" and how he thought that RA2YR doesn't support it and is wondering if it's being done

Yes it can look fairly as well ingame but latest shots are sized for OpenRA (where scale is 2x Tiberian Sun), not RA2YR which will require smaller graphics and look less nice.

Nothing to do with DPI BTW as currently all focus is on OpenRA version.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah ok. so by all focus on open RA do you mean their won't be anymore updates on new buildings and units for YR but only updates on things being remodeled and resized for openra?

kk

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
ah ok. so by all focus on open RA do you mean their won't be anymore updates on new buildings and units for YR but only updates on things being remodeled and resized for openra?

kk

YR version is not being developed so no updates for it coming as of now. May resume YR version when ORA version is completed artwork wise. Reasons for this are practical reasons as YR is far more limited to work with and thus best left for last.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember a statement that YR version will only get downsized OpenRA assets and whatnot, with all the quality degradation it gains along. The OpenRA version is what matters.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any point in the YR version honestly?

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well that's depressing...., I was looking forward to the YR Version, there must be someone other then me out there too?

penev
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the question is "Why would anyone want to go back to a YR version?".

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also waiting for ORA version due better attack move function only benefit of YR version for me is better AI.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, was bisy with real life for all January.

But right now, after I have get everything working again (RW) after updating engine, I am running test of veryexiting new OpenRA feature (https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/10246)
Thank you, very much, devs!

Very draft, Uber WIP but In-game fotage. A Custom paletted placeholders! WOO!Very Happy
And I also enabled a RotationPaletteEffect for one of some new terrain palettes for having water animation. Because why not.   Smile

custom palette.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  857.26 KB
 Viewed:  21855 Time(s)

custom palette.png

custom palette2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  21855 Time(s)

custom palette2.png

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's good to see you back gangster! i'm always checking back here for updates haha. hows life in moscow treating you? and yeah i can't wait to see more detailed SHP structures like the Obelisk of light and the gates/laser fences etc.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, nice job as always, mate. Smile

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Deformat wrote:
Aye, nice job as always, mate. Smile

You could of said hi to me too Sad

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So uhm... what're you working on ganster? modeling something?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are those the final slope tile pieces?

They look a bit flat and shiny/glossy. Which is a shame as all the non slope tiles look great.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, the slopes could use a nice bumpmap. Maybe also a slight displacement map to make them even physically bumpy/uneven.

Public SHPs

Tools

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe that those slopes are only placeholders. I bet that Gangster will make similar ones than in YR version.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think he might have another month of real-life stuff to deal with #Tongue

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if ganster is working on the ORA version of rewire, im gonna have to get my phobia of ORA to a mimimal, on a side note my new Yuri revenge copy arrived today. *off to make a ripfest Rewire YR private mod ive been dreaming of lately*

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bah i forgot it was made with ares, on religious grounds ive banned myself from using ares. Wink

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In a few days Gangster will have been missing for two months, which I can understand. Thanks to the evil empire of the United States trying to frame Russia and drag down their economy in any way possible whilst at the same time trying to frame Putin for things that he wasn't responsible for (like Boris Nemtsov) Seriously after years of digging into these topic it's pretty obvious that the United States government elites are behind almost everything. Actually Russia just helped prevent the US gov from turning Syria into what the US has turned Iraq into

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
bah i forgot it was made with ares, on religious grounds ive banned myself from using ares.

Haha

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
In a few days Gangster will have been missing for two months, which I can understand. Thanks to the evil empire of the United States trying to frame Russia and drag down their economy in any way possible whilst at the same time trying to frame Putin for things that he wasn't responsible for (like Boris Nemtsov) Seriously after years of digging into these topic it's pretty obvious that the United States government elites are behind almost everything. Actually Russia just helped prevent the US gov from turning Syria into what the US has turned Iraq into

WTF are you rambling about Kamuix
I think this topic needs a split.

Also stop double posting and use the 'Edit' button.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kamuix wrote:
In a few days Gangster will have been missing for two months, which I can understand.

I got a PM from Gangster 2 days ago.

Public SHPs

Tools

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Gangster is alive and well. Still a Project Perfect Wuj.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 months is an immensely short time in the modding world.

i think the rambling occured because gansta is from Russia according to to his profile.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread could use clean up from the stupidity. It's people like kamuix  that don't understand that not posting visual updates for sometime does not mean missing, there are often things in modding that can't be shown publicly as they are either not visual achievement or are likely taking more trial and error to get good results and when Gangster has something he feels showing, he will.

Rewire pushes the envelope greatly, with that comes much need to research, you can't just smooth sail and produce art on daily basis.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Rewire pushes the envelope greatly, with that comes much need to research, you can't just smooth sail and produce art on daily basis.

Well...unless your name is Nooze. #Tongue

But seriously, thank you. A lot of people don't understand or appreciate this well enough. I mean, modding is done for FREE. These people are all doing this for free, during their free time, jobs, school and personal life aside.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it feels like it to me... But honestly i'm sorry for what i said I understand why that came off as a stupid rant. Truth is i don't think the United States is alone an evil empire it's just been corrupted slowely over time by rich bankers, so to say the entire thing is 'evil' is wrong and i apologize. and i also understand that the government i live under here has been corrupted too by big corporations and the same as the US, along with europe, Australia, canada, other parts of the 'british common wealth' So i don't see the US as being some big evil empire as that's not the way things work when you get to the botton of it, and there's corruption to a degree in pretty much everywhere you go, just had to say because when i read back now on what i said i feel horrible and asking myself ';why

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the main point is that what youre saying has nothing to do with Rewire or Gangsters down time. He often takes "long" public hiatuses and usually returns with some good shit to show for it.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fair enough fair enough

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I think the main point is that what youre saying has nothing to do with Rewire or Gangsters down time.

This

You just replied with another offtopic rant lol

Perhaps start a related topic in:
Offtopic Discussion Area » Political & Economical Discussion

Eitherway I'm sure this thread will have a clearup soon.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see this mod is going places

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly there's not enough time in our war driven world i'd release Rewire as it is with this OpenRA project now coming to priority you risk it being to late to release the mod you worked so hard on to create

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nonsense, there is plenty of time, it's not like we got world war 3 going on and Rewire for OpenRA is barely an alpha with majority of things not done presently so not really viable for any release and any release now would go against OpenRA developers presently that insist on official TS mod part being released first before any mods based on it.

It's best you find some other games/mods to play in meanwhile.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides, unless you have a GPU comparable to the Geforce 4XX series or better, you won't enjoy gameplay involving voxel units anyway.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, hi, folks.

Lets start from showing things that have been already made looooong time ago.

Boom! Slopes!

Boom! Some trees!

Scorched terrain and all LATs and pebbles!

Water and shore concept with two independed rotating indexes

Animations!

Merohage's part

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay. Nice to see you active again. Yay!

As usual some very nice work there.
Only the trees (especially the brown dead trees and the conifers) look painted and 2D-ish, unfitting in detail, lighting, contrast and quality to the other terrain. The Fona looks great though.

Public SHPs

Tools

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stunningly beautiful.

Merophage
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to see rewire is still alive

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive slopes here. And not just slopes... the whole material Smile.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The... the... the water!  Surprised

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You ARE going to release this on the ORA-Engine right?
EDIT: nvm.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

Last edited by TAK02 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap those animations are beautiful. Though why is the smoke on the power plant coming from that pipe and not the top? #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with water flowing in one direction though is that any map with a waterfall facing the east it will not make a lot of sense. :p  I would just have it glisten or churn like RA1. You can still have tides on the shore IMO.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New terrain type - Wetland - a replacement for Sand for now.
And 2 types of Shores

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but exactly how long were you working on all of this?
Would 3 years be too much? It looks too polished for a shorter devTime.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 10 of 11 [505 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon