Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tribute to IVI
Moderators: Global Crisis Moderators, HG_SCIPCION
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject:  Tribute to IVI
Subject description: Remaking...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

post dedicated to IVI, the best maker of post apocalyptic graphics (my opinion)  Crying or Very sad

remaking all scenes (screnshots)

-grass is terrain

-the grass is diferent (this mode is better)

next:

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
post dedicated to IVI, the best maker of post apocalyptic graphics

With this work, you easily surpassed him. Though he will be always the first one to create so many different debris and ruins graphics.

Great work HG.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Though he will be always the first one to create so many different debris and ruins graphics.

With some of them still in use in TI #Tongue

Nice work, can't wait to see your take on the Aircraft Carrier wreckage Smile

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice tribute! Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. Your post apocalyptic stuff is stupidly good.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I didn't know any better, I'd say 'judgement day' from Terminator just became a reality #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh man, I love it.

One of the things the old CNCs lacked was ruined structures/vehicles, IMO. RA2 obviously made no efforts to make the player think they were in a warzone at any point, but TS would have benefited enormously from stuff like this.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-here is terrain

-here is Building (thanks ARES)

Rolling Eyes a hard work...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ztype me :O

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow! If that's an ingame shot, it's easily the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa Surprised How long did it take to make that?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoiler (click here to read it):

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It nearly perfect IMO you should put more smaller debris around the carrier it might help this scene look little more realistic.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, the detail is awesome.
How did you do this? Do you really modeled all this or do you found a way to reduce the amount of modeling work? (Opacity maps on a simple Plane maybe)

This is truly a wonderful piece of art.

\Edit
crazy mission idea
put this model in a dried out river bed
Objective 1: send 100 engineers into the wreck to repair it
Objective 2: blow up a dam nearby to flood the river and make the carrier operational again.

Public SHPs

Tools

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
If that's an ingame shot, it's easily the most impressive thing I've ever seen.

ingame indeed...  Rolling Eyes

Quote:
How long did it take to make that?

7-8 hours...  Cool

Quote:
It nearly perfect IMO you should put more smaller debris around the carrier it might help this scene look little more realistic.

sure, for a next scene ; )

Quote:
How did you do this? Do you really modeled all this or do you found a way to reduce the amount of modeling work?

1.- modeling and adding the the basic objects, planes and lines..
http://i.imgur.com/ohA4TkJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xozrxfl.jpg

2.-adding more details
http://i.imgur.com/asxN3zH.jpg

3.-adding textures (the lines are planes)
http://i.imgur.com/ugNwddO.jpg

4.-composite texture and replacing the tower
http://i.imgur.com/94Ay51I.jpg

5.-broken the ship
http://i.imgur.com/XQprqqI.jpg

6.-adding more small details and sand with PS
(final image)

thank you ARO...

Next:

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very impressive.
The accuracy and amount of detail you managed to add in that time is really astonishing.

Very well done.

Public SHPs

Tools

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see a crate IN that dam

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did something happen to IVI?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI just went inactive and completely disappeared one day, quite unfortunate, his mod showed a lot of promise and he was a nice guy.

Elite_Pirate
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a shame. Always liked his style.

Quite impressive art by the way HG.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

extra... (small remake) incomplete  Sad

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'd blow you for free, yeah, this shit is amazing.

My only gripe is that your debris piles, and in general, tend to use a LOT of grey, where IVI's didn't. I'm not saying go for a cartoony look, but a lot of the rubble is indistinguishable. Likewise, a few of those buildings could do with some (fading and flaking) paint.

Holy ztype that carrier and dam though.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I disagree, I think the derelict vehicles need some more bright colour and lots of rust. Some should be entirely blackened from a fire with only little rust.

Buildings need some sand or dirt on them, and small grasses or trees growing on that. Life shouldn't be limited to the terrain.

I don't see any problem with gray debris, I would assume most of it is concrete...

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like how the new one feel more realistic than previous version but it really hard to separate vehicle from environment which is the first one do better I also like grass from the first one than new version but if you want to make it look more like battle field than junk yard I suggest to put some burnt dirt or crater around that area and some tree might help too.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your aircraft carrier is insane. What I'd love to know is through the steps you presented, you created the detailed model, textured the mesh then preceded to add damage after you had textured it.

This is definitely something i have never come across before, but how do you uvmap an object and then change the objects vertices without affecting the uvmap that you created. every time I do it it ends up screwing up the uvmap.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use boolean operation in 3ds max
-take your textured model
-create a simple box or sphere and deform it a bit
-select the textured model and use boolean operator to cut or subtract the deformed box/sphere from the model

with cut, you can move the cut out piece to a different place to create a debris. or use subtract to create a hole in the model.

several other things work too, without ruining the uvw-map.
e.g.
-chamfer or adding edges

Public SHPs

Tools

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i use boolean operation in 3ds max
-take your textured model
-create a simple box or sphere and deform it a bit
-select the textured model and use boolean operator to cut or subtract the deformed box/sphere from the model

with cut, you can move the cut out piece to a different place to create a debris. or use subtract to create a hole in the model.

several other things work too, without ruining the uvw-map.
e.g.
-chamfer or adding edges

Thank for advice I also never know that boolean function able to cut out model  without mess  to their UV this's new for me.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can also simply add a Edit Poly/Mesh above the Unwrap UVW in the Modifier List & you'll be able to edit it without any problems.

Personally I only use booleans for complex rounded shapes, if it's just random jagged edges I use the slice and detach tools. Of course the great thing about 3DS Max is there is multiple ways of doing everything so experiment & see what works best for you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Lin Kuei Ominae and Mig for your sage advice:)

I have known about boolean operations and have messed with them before but generally don't use them as they screw up the neatness of the edges through inefficient edge creation. But I guess they have their uses and afew inefficiently created edges wont have that much impact as they are still effectively tessellated polies, though you wont be able to use convenient edit poly modelling functions like swift loop post boolean. The pointer regarding cut is definitely invaluable as it will make rubble creation really nice.

I had actually never tried to add Edit poly over the top of a uvmap, by force of habit I have always converted into edit poly after any mesh changes, then do UV mapping on top of the final mesh. I guess this is akin to destructive photoshopping by flattening layers whilst still making further changes to the image.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon