Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Farewell
Moderators: Deformat
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject:  Farewell Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has been...9-10 years already? A shitload of time, anyways.

Back when I was 11-12 years old, one  retarded kid joined Revora and the CnC Guild back then. One example of how st00pid I was back then. Sadly, there were more amusing stuff back then, but this is the best I found.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still retarded.

I had no decent knowledge of English whatsoever. No decent knowledge of, well...anything remotely linked to modding. Nada. I simply came here after Mental Omega.

The CnC community taught me decent English. The CnC community taught me how to handle harsh criticism. The CnC community taught me Photoshop, Illustrator, 3Ds Max (well, I can't consider myself a modeller, but at least I can handle basic models well enough). The CnC community was a school for me.

Sadly, this is where I part from the community.

I haven't had much decent contributions to the community for quite a while. Well, actually, scratch that. This is my biggest regret: not contributing enough. And frankly speaking, this is where everything kinda stops.

I also regret spamming the shit out of the Freedom Studios chatbox a couple years ago. Big sorry there, Fenring.

If you can't love it anymore, you have to stop, and try something else.

I've had a great time around here. Great people such as AG and Graion Dilach, which somehow still accept the modding dweeb within myself, Starkku, Regulus and Orac for being such talented artists, Apollo, MadHQ, Joshy and daTS especially for helping me out with 3D stuff in the past, Aro, Mig Eater and Speeder for being great ambassadors of the community. Hyper, Morpher, Fenring and others for other stuff. I hope I ain't forgetting anyone.

I recall Gamemate and Xeno (RIP) for being great people as well.

Banshee deserves special credit for keeping the site up and running and other stuff. So do the RockPatch, NPatch and Ares devs for keeping on expanding the game (pd, VK, DCoder, AlexB). Olaf for XCC, although I never saw Olaf. Or rarely. Also, big credit to the OpenRA devs for doing some great work.

I also saw fun people, such as iloo.

So, who am I now, and what am I doing?

Just a regular 21 y.o. CS in German student hoping to get into indie game development and/or Linux development. Maybe my CnC knowledge will show off, sooner or later. Currently, I have a small project with a friend, maybe it will impress people.

I might lurk sometimes around here. But that's about it.

I'll release in the coming days some of the (very few) assets that might still interest people, although I doubt they'll find much use.

So, yeah.
Take care, all of you.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are inner circle of members grows smaller once again Sad

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Farewell, my friend...

This is the best way you can cross... Hope you can be an indie game developer that brings happiness to the players... :')
Mig Eater wrote:

It's a circumstance, where the oldies are retired ( :'( ), the newbies are joined. Don't worry about losing member in this community ;')

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz wrote:
Mig Eater wrote:

It's a circumstance, where the oldies are retired ( :'( ), the newbies are joined. Don't worry about losing member in this community ;')

Advances of the Retard Generation. Best horror title I could come up with to summarize that statement.

On the other hand, Deformat is very lucky I live far from the shared border. Public transport is too shitty to catch something, get to his place, beat some sense into the guy, and get back before Monday. Just in a friendly Graionesque manner.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to clear the air a bit: I was a bit hungover when I wrote this, not gonna lie. Hard liquor was involved. Yes, a bit of nostalgia was in there as well.

I really felt bad this morning for not living up to the community's standards and took stuff too seriously.

AG and Starkku know this best, they know I have barely done anything in...forever. Therefore, I didn't think logically and thought some of the people around here deserve at least a good word from me.

I'll still be around, I'll still be lurking, commenting, giving feedback and all that. I'll still have my voice around here for a while.

Crisis is dead. It was never an actual concept, it was always a multitude of different concepts with no actual structure. At all. Or I never sticked to the structure. This is what really died today.

Also, the community isn't going in a bad direction. It's going in a different direction. OpenRA. RA++. Other 3D games. Transforming TS/YR into indie games of sorts. So what is happening right now is that Command and Conquer is not dying, but rather evolving. Sort of like Pokemon.
And I, for one, am optimistic about it. Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think this community expects you to do anything, at least it shouldn't. You yourself set your own goals and objectives. If you're content with just hanging around on the forums, that's fine. Hell, that's what I've been doing most of the time.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How modding should be remembered.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well this whole forum is kinda dying :/
all thats left of cnc is openra that is living decently because of people like soscared, hector doomhammer, fiveaces and co.....but thats all there is.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon