Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DTA and Windows 7 Aero
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject:  DTA and Windows 7 Aero
Subject description: I have a question about DTA and the disabling of Windows 7 Aero UI
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all,
I found this mod just recently, and I think its more then just impressive, specialy that it fusioned RA1 and TD together.

Thank you for creating this mod, and setting it up to a easy to get into experince. I suggested the mod to my frinds to try it out as well.

------

I got anyhow a question.
I use Windows 7 pro, in combination with a NVidea graphic card.

I tryed all avalible renderers out, and choose IE-Draw (as that the only one that dosnt bug on the ingame Menu's (I play windowed).

What is irritating me althougth is that the Windows 7 Aero glass UI gets disapled each time when I enter a game.

I was wondering if there is somewhere a setting or a options where I could disable this "disabling" of Aero.

Or if it is a nessery 'thing' that has to happen in order to keep the TS engine working properly.

Some Information about it would be great, to understand better why it happens.

best regards
Reilsss

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The client and the game aren't doing this, so this must be caused by a compatibility setting you enabled. Just open the properties window of both DTA.exe and game.exe, go to the "Compatibility" tab and make sure that "Disable desktop composition" is not enabled.

If it already was disabled for both applications, another explanation could be that Windows is automatically doing this for you because it thinks it's running out of resources to keep performing optimally. If that's the case, this could be a solution http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/windows-7-automatically-switching-to-basic-non/7f4917ff-135d-40e4-866b-ac760642763f

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In windowed mode, TS/RA2 runs in 16bit color mode. That disables Win7 Aero temporarily. There may be
options available in DxWnd (not the current renderer included in DTA), to circumvent that.

Tried GDI mode like D3DWindower but TS kept crashing with that.

Reilsss
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess the TS / RA 2 behaviour is what causing the auto switching then with the 16bit colors.

I will test the link given about the Win7 Auto switch thing, maybe its a walk around.

I thank you for the informations about it. Smile

Edit:
I tested the windows visual style link and it doe snot change anything.
Windows is switching theme/display even when I already run basic theme.

I belive it is windows switching between 32bit color depth displaying and 16bit color displaying back and forth. I guess I go test the full screen thing to see what happing there.

Edit2:
Fullscreen switches as well. So I guess its the color depth thing. with means ther enothingt here to do about it at all.

Thanks again for the explenation. At last I know now whats happing and why.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use nVidia driver version 350.12 on Win7. DTA works in fullscreen without any issues on Default renderer
and no menu problems. Newer driver have problems with TS and have to use alternatives renderers.

GDI mode in DxWnd works without switching Aero off but crashes TS due to cursor lags for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum