Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Literally a "water based" side for YR
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Which game has better graphics? Warcraft 3 or C&C Generals
C&C Generals
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Warcraft 3
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
The Same
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject:  Literally a "water based" side for YR Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idea Hey a couple days ago I was lying around thinking of what would make a good addition to YR if I was to make a new side, then it struck me. This may sound stupid but just ponder it. A side that dealt completely with water. All their buildings where on water, their supposed "land units" had hover capability or were amphibious (eg. gdi apc for ts), and their infantry could all swim.

Now the only way they could heal buildings would be to have a repair boat, yet they would still have a engineer to takeover tech buildings and enemy structures.

They could still have aircraft that tookoff from a airpad that was based at sea. Obviously they would have to have the best navy of all the sides, they would also need water based defenses.

This was just a thought.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm.... that won't work at all...heres why
1.what about the maps wth NO WATER??????
2.unbalanced
3.have a lot of new art and
4. WHY IS THAT POLL therE?!!?!?!!?!?!?

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile The poll was just to try to settle a dispute between me and my friend. And thanks for your input. Seriously

Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously to try this it would have to be some sort of mod. You could limit the mod to only allow maps that contain water ( the ones used for naval warfare skirmish mode).
It would be all that unbalanced if you tweak the other countries for a better naval defense and a stronger air offense. And if they were unable to build on land they could only use limited choke points for their bases, they couldn't protect their ore fields with defenses and it would also take longer to mine ore because of the distance. The units would be a lot more expensive because they all have the special abilities.
True, there would be a lot of graphics needed, but that just means more originality and texture.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Q: How to make buildings only be built over the water?

A:
Code:
WaterBound=yes

Q: What does make buildings only build ship or hover units?

A:
Code:
Naval=yes

Q: How do you make buildings not be normally repaired by the side bar repair button?

A:
Code:
Repairable=false

Q: How do you make a Repair Bot?

A: Unit must have a weapon that only damages steel, wood and concrete buildings and it must have a negative damage.

Q: How do you make infantry swin?

A:
Code:
NavalTargeting=4

I hope it helps. Any other doubts?

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it would be a really cool modhave to overcome the fact that unit's can't come out on water so all build's would need a platform probably.(Not totally sure if this is true or not)

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But if the units are either hovering or naval based then coming out the war factory isn't a problem.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinkin more about infantry

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tratos
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also the problem of the enemy sides, there poor old normal tanks and infantry become useless, you would just turn the game into a naval war.

Titan10
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idea Yah do you think it would be possible to make seperate platforms for each "Factory Type" building. I think you might be able to do it using similar code as service depots and airforce command air pads (eg. like the extension in Deezire)

Allied773
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive learned alot from deezire's forums. maybe we should look further into the naval base's coding and find a way tro make the structures able to be on land and water

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iv'e been looking into amphibious craft for our mod. Right, now assuming the ability to give a vehicle two looks (like the GDI amphibious APC, one for in the water one for out) still exists you could have two different rules entries, one for each. The land unit deploys into the land building whilst the sea unit deploys into the naval yard (and undeploy into their respective vehicles), would that work?

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

might do, but i think the alternate image thing is just that, an alternate image not an alternate unit. I'd have to test to be sure though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon