Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Fields of Battle
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:  Fields of Battle
Subject description: 14th Anniversary
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's June 6th, D-day! This day also marks the 14th anniversary of the D-day mod. To celebrate I've created map sized screenshots of five new maps that will be included in D-day's next release, along with information about other maps in development.

Axis:

Click to enlarge: 19mb

A four player tournament style map set in an urban harbour shaped like a swastika. This map served as a test bed for the new sets of urban cliffs & features multi-levelled areas & tunnels. Note: The use of a swastika layout might be somewhat controversial, however the shape creates a balanced yet interesting design & is currently my favourite map to play on.      

Allied:

Click to enlarge: 30mb

A five player map in the shape of the Allied star & circle.

Mountain Guns: 6 player

Click to enlarge: 29mb

Mountain Guns is a remake of my favourite C&C Generals map of the same name. This map served as a test bed for the new sets of rock cliffs & features multi-layers cliff faces. Note: The road & bridge graphics will be replaced in the near future.

River Valley: 6 player

Click to enlarge: 30mb

A long six player map featuring a winding river through a valley. It also features a train line weaving in and out of the mountains along the edge of the map.  

Island Roulette: 8 player

Click to enlarge: 55mb

An extremely large eight player map of a circular island with separate areas for each player connected to a central mountain.  

I have several other maps in various stages of Development for D-day...

No Man's Land:
A World War 1 themed map with a large network of trenches, that players can occupy & fight over.

Train Duel: (wip name)
A two player map featuring buildable armoured trains & two loops of track that run parallel to each other in the center of the map.

World War:
A large map based on the world map.

Corregidor:
A large island map based on the US base on Corregidor in the Philippines.

Paris:
A large map of the French capitol, featuring the Eiffel tower at the center.

Washington DC:
Large map of the US capitol, featuring many famous landmarks & monuments.

Soviet:
Counterpart to the Axis & Allied maps. I haven't decided on an exact layout yet, but this will be the first snow map in D-day.

Lastly I would like to point out that all of these maps are subject to change. Some of the graphics will be replaced in the near future & new terrain that is currently in development will be added. So you can expect the maps to have more details when they are included in the next release.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
The use of a swastika layout might be somewhat controversial, however the shape creates a balanced yet interesting design & is currently my favourite map to play on.

mirrored might have been better, but since it's only a shape for a map and doesn't glorifies the Nazis particularly, this should work.

I think i would have added a trigger which launches nukes on the whole thing at the end of each game. Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always thought you hated symmetric maps...  Razz

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the graphical glitch (black lines) in the ocean on Axis?

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what happened to the ore :O

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aesthetically I dont like symmetrical maps but over the past year my focus has shifted more towards gameplay. Most of the maps I mention at the bottom of my original post are asymmetrical. They are taking longer to make tho so you get the symmetrical ones first #Tongue

The "black lines" on Axis are because of the method I used to make the screenshot, they aren't on the map ingame.

Ore was replaced with supply boxes long ago...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tho isn't supply boxes a bit scarce ?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can adjust the amount of credits they get converted into (as well as how much collectors can carry), though, so having smaller amount of them on the map is not necessarily an issue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would also look a bit funny if they were everywhere IMO. I think the idea is that there are small areas of them with high value, more like the supply zones in Generals.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What they said ^

The amount of credits you get from a supply box is a lot higher then the original ore & the amount that a collector can carry is greatly reduced too. Thus less resources are needed on the map.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess if that was the case tho maps looks a bit bland but then again its WW2 with semi-realism.

But I guess I got used to the maps being all glowey of yellow ore and blue/red/green gems #Tongue

Edit: would it be best to add light/posts to indicate that the supplies are "here" it kinda hard to see or spot or at least a ground strips thing would do best.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want them to blend into the map & not stand out to much tho, so they can look plausible on a WW2 battlefield.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since you love realism, perhaps make a few variants (like the gems version) for isloated drops with a crumpled parachute attached. Then it will look like it was a fresh airdrop everyone missed Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually that's a pretty good idea Smile When I make new parachute animations I'll make a terrain version that can be placed next to the boxes.

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The maps look a bit cheap and misplaced especially when compared with such great screenshots from around 10 years ago:

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More detailed urban maps are in development but they take a long time to make. Only these simpler more gameplay focused tournament maps where ready in time for this news post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon