Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New version seems to unset options...
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject:  New version seems to unset options... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I load a new file, even with auto-detect turned off, shadows gets reset to off, and the palette seems to be chosen randomly.

If auto is disabled, I would expect everything to stay unchanged when loading a new file.

As for auto-detect itself, it still seems to have trouble picking the right palette even when I'm loading a *.sno or other theater named file.

I don't know if this is related to TS vs RA2 support, but if that's the case, let us explicitly choose which game we are editing for once, and have the program remember that until we choose otherwise? This might actually solve a lot of palette picking options, like when it defaults to TS unittem/unitsno...

Perhaps add buttons or a dropdown to the toolbar for the selection of object type (anim, overlay etc) and a second for theater (might as well be populated based on selected game) while it remembers the game from the menu setting (where the palettes are currently?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so apparently the program remembers the palette selected as long as you have the first one open (when you selected) and then forgets if it is closed, defaulting back to TS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Ok so apparently the program remembers the palette selected as long as you have the first one open (when you selected) and then forgets if it is closed, defaulting back to TS.

Yea, this is pretty much how it works.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it not make more sense to keep settings where they are within the same session at least? Especially when auto-detect is off?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not really. Shadow and palette are settings from the document. It's not from the session. Each document has its own shadow settings, as well as palette. The program does not store default/standard shadow and palette settings.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kid you not, for the last round of edits, I spent more time using the menus than doing pixel operations.

So going back to the behaviour of auto-detect vs off, in both cases it seems to change everything, my assertion is that given how poorly auto-detect works.... when it is off, it should keep the settings where you set them, until you quit or change them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum