Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:  Questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Any easy way to find shp buildings offset like a Offset: 41, -54
- New buildings crash if i cant change UseTilesetCode: true to UseTilesetCode: false i how can i fix thath.
-How can i create heal ring like a in ares.
-Any easy way to import red alert 2 rules and art code to openra.
- ora original lightning not good enough, i seed topic for thath but i cant find good result.
Thanks for all help.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:

Prolly no, just trial and error, mind you iirc negative values on the y variable (second number) will move the sprite a bit up, you should see the mod.yaml file and grab the cell size from there to get a reference.
BySc wrote:
- New buildings crash if i cant change UseTilesetCode: true to UseTilesetCode: false i how can i fix thath.

Look for the theather data on mod.yaml, you will need to rename the second letter of the sprite to whatever it's set up to be, similar to vanilla ra2 and ts.
BySc wrote:
-How can i create heal ring like a in ares.

Add a UpgradeActorsNear to your aura giver unit and SelfHealing on the units meant to receive the buff, and set it so it becomes enabled with the upgrade UpgradeActorsNear is meant to deliver, example.
Code:
   SelfHealing@nerfpls:
      Step: 3
      Delay: 100
      HealIfBelow: 100
      UpgradeTypes: batteryboost
      UpgradeMinEnabledLevel: 1

UpgradeActorsNear@huehuehue:
      Upgrades: batteryboost
      Range: 12c0

BySc wrote:
-Any easy way to import red alert 2 rules and art code to openra.

No idea.
BySc wrote:
- ora original lightning not good enough, i seed topic for thath but i cant find good result.

Atm your best bet is to create shp based lights using alpha palettes. see this and also the tiberian sun light posts, Marn's TS mod has a ton of uses of these sprite lights.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BySc wrote:
Any easy way to import red alert 2 rules and art code to openra.

See https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/bleed/OpenRA.Mods.TS/UtilityCommands/LegacySequenceImporter.cs#L61 and onwards for how to calculate offsets - this is part of the art.ini importer. Everything nonbuildings shouldn't need an offset set.

Yes, there is an art.ini and rules.ini importer now, but the result is a mess and a lot of tags will be missing. The art.ini one is useful, but you end up better with recoding your mod from scratch instead of relying on the rules importer.

If under lighting, you mean voxels, play with the RenderVoxels ligfhting options. Also beware that OpenRA does NOT automatically figures out the proper normal settings - using the TS normals palette on a voxel with RA2 normals or vice versa will look bad.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum