:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Offtopic Discussion Area » Political & Economical Discussion
Educate yourselves on how TV screws with your mind
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
G-E
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject:  Educate yourselves on how TV screws with your mind Reply with quote

Reality TV is not real enough for you? Let's make it MORE REAL!:

A really good analysis of some anti-Corbyn segment:

Most of you probably heard about the black girl calling to burn down the suburbs, well not quite, her message was fair and pretty nuanced if you actually listen to it, effectively "take that shit somewhere else":

Complete audio/video substitution for a short attention span audience for a straw poll in the Republican party:

Ignore the fact that Sandy Hook was a fake shooting (aka well produced drill), his demeanor kinda gives that away, they selectively clip the deposition to isolate a narrative, the rest is just a debate between angry old men:

But don't worry, I'm just a Neo-Nazi conspiracy theorist, and I'm always wrong about everything....
Administrative Warning: Administrative Warning: Political Conspirator Detected!The political opinions expressed by this user in this forum are blindly hostile against Israel and whatever he considers to be Zionism or Zionists. Samples of such behavior can be seen here, here and here. His tactics consists on desconstructing what he considers to be the 'official story' blaming "Zionist" media for "lies", but he never has the intention to prove his claims. He tries to use psychological rethorics to provoke others to prove it in his place and only seem to accept "proofs" (a.k.a. factoids) that seems to fit his shaped opinion about the subject. A proper explanation on his tactics with samples can be seen here and here.

This kind of behavior is not welcomed in this community at all, neither are any kind of hate speech against any group of people. Such attitude is considered trolling. This warning notice is restricted to the Political and Economical Discussion Forum and maybe it will be removed once administrators consider that the attitude of the user has changed.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just delete this? There's no point. youtube clips. Whoopee.
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Seconded. I hate reality TV, too, but Sandy Hook wasn't fake or a drill. Little kids aren't slaughtered in relatively large numbers in a "drill", you prick.

DCoder wrote:
There is no sanity left in this thread.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I wait for the other anti-conspiracy monkey to show up, or should I laugh and point at you now?

Seriously, I expected you bums to voice objections, you don't like your "reality" being disturbed by inconvenient facts and intrigue. Almost reminds me of the scene in They Live where Ernie gets a headache from the brainwashing signal being interrupted...
Administrative Warning: Administrative Warning: Political Conspirator Detected!The political opinions expressed by this user in this forum are blindly hostile against Israel and whatever he considers to be Zionism or Zionists. Samples of such behavior can be seen here, here and here. His tactics consists on desconstructing what he considers to be the 'official story' blaming "Zionist" media for "lies", but he never has the intention to prove his claims. He tries to use psychological rethorics to provoke others to prove it in his place and only seem to accept "proofs" (a.k.a. factoids) that seems to fit his shaped opinion about the subject. A proper explanation on his tactics with samples can be seen here and here.

This kind of behavior is not welcomed in this community at all, neither are any kind of hate speech against any group of people. Such attitude is considered trolling. This warning notice is restricted to the Political and Economical Discussion Forum and maybe it will be removed once administrators consider that the attitude of the user has changed.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "inconvenient facts and intrigue" do you mean "shit I parrot from other conspiracy douches and shit I make up to make myself sound smart to me"? Because that's what it is most of the time. You didn't listen to me when I said you should have just stopped when you finally got something right (the election rigging), and now you're only making a bigger ass of yourself by once again cheapening and mocking something you have no right to cheapen or mock just because you think you know better. You don't. Knock it the hell off.

DCoder wrote:

G-E
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as you're still too retarded to understand what exactly I posted, let me summarize:

I posted some videos I found that do a good job in exposing specific acts of deception common in the media, and suggested people educate themselves so they can at least recognize the trickery. I did not offer any conclusions about what lies thy will uncover or who specifically to target, because frankly, you should be skeptical of everyone, especially the mainstream sources with funding from the largest corporations.

Then the hairy homosexual suggested this thread should be deleted because it's on youtube, to which you added your protest about the veracity of the Sandy Hook event. Neither of you offered any actual reasons why this post is deserving of deletion, and no one else has managed to find fault with it apparently either...

I recently spoke to an old American couple who visited my city for a show, and they told me they were raised not discuss politics (begs the question if this is why the politics is so screwed up down there), yet the first thing they asked me was about our "welfare system" which is of course a family member of our political system. They were also taught that healthcare is a privilege not a human right... who do you think taught them that? The corporate controlled media, through the very same deceptive practices that I pointed out above. They never even stopped to think how insane it is that for-profit insurance companies decide who lives or dies, not the doctors.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
Neither of you offered any actual reasons why this post is deserving of deletion, and no one else has managed to find fault with it apparently either...

Same reason your other threads should be removed. You're just making shit up and parroting conspiracies for the sole purpose of riling people up under the pretense of informing them, when I wouldn't even wipe my ass with your "information". It's borderline trolling and on most other civilized sites, you'd have been banned outright months ago.

DCoder wrote:

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I have to speed up my warning history plans...

G-E
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did I make up? Let's say I'm wrong about Sandy Hook for a second, all I did was post videos and describe them.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Look at the first words of the title of this topic:

Quote:
Educate yourselves

Is it really just posting videos and describing them? You gotta be kidding me... Neutral

G-E
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, I didn't tell people what to think, just what to see some good analyses of it.... they can draw their own conclusions.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banshee wrote:
I guess I have to speed up my warning history plans...

And it is partially functional. You should see it under G-E's signature in the posts posted at this forum only. Despite his polemic political attitude, he is someone who contributes to other more relevant areas of PPM forums. So, it is not fair to punish him in the whole forum for this kind of attitude.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What most of you fail to realize is that 1. I'm not a fanatic unlike the trolls who want harm come to me, 2. I'm well read in the areas that most people are told are evil/conspiracist/rude whatever, 3. I take a polite approach because I am always willing to learn from my self-described enemies, 4. I question everything with disregard to implied authority or actual authority...

So while I agree with Noam Chomsky on a number of points, I know he won't bridge his conclusions towards attacking the root causes of the wars, and the power structure behind them, that's where he starts obfuscating. He'll happily talk about Israeli apartheid, but never once suggests Mossad is involved in terrorizing civilians. This doesn't make him a fraud, it just means you can't take his conclusions at face value, merely as factors or angles in the larger picture.

Some of you already understand we are surrounded by intellectual gate-keepers that try to box in all discussion about any particular topic to a set of accepted narratives, and even brave people who should know better allow themselves to be constrained, while others have been co-opted to help do the constraining. This shouldn't be a mystery, the entire election fraud in America, the phony "war on terror" and the destruction of a dozen sovereign countries has not caused the proper pushback from the intellectual community as it should have. This isn't because they don't see what's going on, many of them remember Vietnam for example, they are just castrated by "hate speech" laws, and vilified by the ADL if they step out of line, 3 tenured professors have recently lost jobs for criticizing the political entity of Israel, even outside of school. This is all predicated on the power the ADL holds because of the collective guilt forced upon western people's over the "holocaust" narrative.

This thread was supposed to show some good examples of the endless and pervasive propaganda, sometimes as subtle as camera trickery, other times overt like badgering a guest with word association games. Other tricks like cutting live feeds when a reporter starts telling too much truth, or switching from an actual event to commentators who will tell you what to believe rather than trusting your eyes etc. Games within games.

Hillary broke many laws regarding secrecy, political influence, campaign finance etc, yet she was never charged, and never convicted, does anyone think she's innocent? The FBI said it, the State Dept said it, even she said it. Does anyone here disagree?

The only reason you can call any of the issues I talk about "theories" is they aren't conclusively proven for some of you, but like Hillary, just because the real threats to society aren't convicted, doesn't mean they aren't guilty.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic at hand, selective photo cropping..

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that cropping and censoring Abdullah's face and the title of BBC's article seems biased. BBC has a long history of controversies and allegations of biased journalism, so I'm not hugely surprised they would try to make it seem like the beheading of a pro-Assad child soldier was somewhat justified. Something as abhorrent as that can never be justified. It's pure ignorance to assume there are any "good sides" in Syria, or war in general. There are bad, and there are worse. I'm interested in and hopeful of Rojava, though.

I'm interested to read more about the child "Rim", but I can't find anything except the same imagine shown in the video. Is (s)he even real?

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the news, especially televised news, are full of omissions and "enhancements" either for increasing emotional response (and thereby increase attention, viewer count, market share, income, company value) or perhaps even to further a political agenda - I grant that. And, for the record, I appreciate your introductory "lecture" that brings to light some of the arrangements, be they intentional or incidental, that through psychological impact "manipulate" the viewer.

Again, I have my "doubts" about the inference that that means that any case in which a great deal of meandering rationalization can construe that media reports on an event are an instance of complete fabrication (e.g. Sandy Hook, e.g. Holocaust) should be taken as such.

Personally, I watch very little news on TV, especially international news - the scale and scope of the information transmitted through that medium is simply not sufficient, even without intentional additions or politically-motivated omissions, to sufficiently address the complexity of the issues reported on. What can be trusted - generally - are reports on straight-forward issues of limited, local or regional, relevance. And sports, I suppose, but that's not really a field of my interest (despite the stereotype about Japan and baseball!)

On that note, I found the content of your cumulative threads so interesting that I have decided to adress them, after finishing my mod at least as far as I have yet panned out (it would be hopeless to demand more progress than that from myself!), and also after chomping down various other task related to my offline life, in a somewhat comprehensive monograph.

It's eternity in there...

G-E
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimsonum wrote:
I'm interested to read more about the child "Rim", but I can't find anything except the same imagine shown in the video. Is (s)he even real?

You know this was my first thought too (not Rim but Omron), I see this very dirty boy, unhurriedly dropped off into a spotless ambulance (spotless in a warzone? eh?) and then he sits there while a dozen reporters photograph him without moving or receiving a medical exam. We can't even tell if he was hurt, we can't even tell if this was a professional makeup job like other "crisis actors" in the false-flags stateside. His unusually long hair also seemed strange, considering nearly every boy and man in Syria has short hair, especially given the number of 39C summer days they are having this year.

The whole thing seemed staged to me, but I didn't think it mattered much, since either way it was going to be used as anti-Assad propaganda.

I just saw a BBC report today hinting and implying Assad's forces once again used chemical weapons, bringing up the 2013 incident when Turkish supplied sarin gas was used by 2 rebel groups on civilians, something the French and American analysts (and even some military leaders) this week have said isn't plausible. This time the attacks were plain old chlorine gas, something easily available and terribly ineffective for killing people. It is purely a "terror" weapon that is unlikely to kill any soldiers, and thus would be one of the stupidest options for the SAA to use, but something that would suit the agenda of a "rebel" group's propaganda.

One of the ways you can tell if a given report is propaganda or just enhanced to be propaganda as Millenium suggests, is to consider who would be swayed by it. For example the chemical attacks have happened a dozen times by rebel groups in Syria, but for a Syrian, those are hardly anymore terrifying than a 500lbs bomb being dropped on them, or the risk of some brutal terrorists killing family members for not obeying some farcical version of Sharia law would be. The intended target of the "chemical weapons" propaganda is therefore people in the west, sitting in the comforts of their homes, because some of them will remember when Obama said that's his "red line" for actions against Syria, and the BBC helpfully reminds people of that. For the average Syrian, they couldn't care less what Obama says or doesn't say, since they know he's a liar (like every other western leader) having seen first hand how the terrorists only grew stronger with western support.

G-E
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good article on the Syrian medical crisis being used as propaganda: http://journal-neo.org/2016/08/24/dead-children-the-syrian-american-medical-society-sams-and-its-friends/

Quote:
The article includes this quote, designed to be as emotive as possible:

“I’ve just had to watch a woman lose three of her children, who were killed—OK?—and crying over their dead bodies. Thirty people just got killed not far from here in place called Shaar [inaudible]. We were just there yesterday. In a marketplace, 30 people just got killed. So, we’ve had so many dead bodies. You can hear what’s going on here. So, my dear brothers and sisters … We need to get the message out right now: Hospitals are being targeted; People are being killed. OK? And war crimes are being committed. We need a no-fly zone in Syria. We need everybody to start voting for a no-fly zone. This is a massacre going on. This is genocide.”

These sort of reports are emerging daily from Syria. But the wave of recent killings of children by Saudi forces is overlooked. Why? For the same reason that all these reports don’t mention how the war in Syria started and how the hodgepodge of antigovernment fighters and terrorist groups which have escalated are funded.

The article fails to mention why the Syrian government is fighting terrorists in the first place. The questions the doctor is asked are also revealing, as is the use of key terms such as barrel bombs, WMD, no fly zone, UN, etc, which never used to be a hallmark of Democracy Now coverage. Like others, the article is designed to get us so upset that we don’t want to look any further. It uses dead children as a means of stifling any debate about why they are dying: we are expected to get angry at those we are told to get angry at, to prevent us getting angry about anyone else.

As a background, how the "war" started: http://ahtribune.com/world/north-africa-south-west-asia/syria-crisis/1135-day-before-deraa.html

Quote:
Enlisting the aid and cooperation of local followers of Salafism allowed the Libyans to move in Deraa without attracting any suspicion.   The local men were the ‘front’ for the operation.

The CIA agents running the Deraa operation from their office in Jordan had already provided the weapons and cash needed to fuel the flames of revolution in Syria.   With enough money and weapons, you can start a revolution anywhere in the world.

In reality, the uprising in Deraa in March 2011 was not fueled by graffiti written by teenagers, and there were no disgruntled parents demanding their children to be freed.    This was part of the Hollywood style script written by skilled CIA agents, who had been given a mission: to destroy Syria for the purpose of regime change.  Deraa was only Act 1: Scene 1.

The fact that those so-called teenaged graffiti artists and their parents have never been found, never named, and never pictured is the first clue that their identity is cloaked in darkness.

Controlling the questions is part of controlling the narrative, if you define the allowable list of questions, you can effectively exclude closer examination.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Offtopic Discussion Area » Political & Economical Discussion
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon