Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
First public release of TDX
Moderators: Reaperrr
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:  First public release of TDX Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is done.

After years of adding this, tweaking that, fine-tuning here, TDX has finally reached a state where I consider it release-worthy.
While it doesn't match what I originally envisioned it to be in terms of singleplayer, in terms of gameplay and audio-visuals it is pretty much how I wanted it to be.
There might be some remaining bugs or balancing issues hiding somewhere, but that can be adressed with a patch (or an updated version for the next OpenRA release).

So without further ado, here are the changelog and download mirrors:

Code:
TDX v0.53 - Changelog

BUGFIXES
- Fixed crash when using right mouse button joystick scrolling
- Fixed Napalm crate not damaging the collecting unit
- Fixed Nod APC not showing any explosion on destruction

VISUAL IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved Obelisk laser visuals by adding a 'glow' effect and increasing the visibility duration
- Slightly re-increased size of rank decorations

BALANCE CHANGES
- Increased Obelisk firing range from 7.5 to 9 cells
- Reduced Minigunner firing range from 4 cells to 3.25 cells
- Reduced damage of Minigunner, both APCs, Jeep and Buggy versus medium vehicle armor and base defenses by 5% of their respective base damage
- Reduced damage of Mobile RPG Launcher versus base defenses by 20%
- Reduced damage of Grenadier grenades versus heavy vehicle armor from 35% to 28% of base damage, and from 60% to 50% vs. medium armor
- Increased damage of Grenadier grenades versus 'wood' base structures from 65% to 75% of base damage
- Slightly increased range and speed of Grenadier grenades
- Increased Nod APC health by 10%
- Some other minor tweaks and fixes to explosions that aren't worth mentioning individually

TDX v0.51 - Changelog

INSTALLATION
- Migrated to .oramod package. See INSTALLATION inside the .zip for details

BUGFIXES
- Removed empty 'lava' folder from maps which could crash the game when selected
- Fixed compatibility of title logo PNG with OSX/Linux
- Downsized rank insignia so they don't hide infantry and small vehicles as much as before

TDX v0.50 - Changelog

NEW FEATURES
- Day/Night cycles (only enabled on the shellmap, Break of Day and Lost in Paradise)
- Caribic tileset (including 2 exclusive MP/skirmish maps, Pirates of C&C and Lost in Paradise)
- Revamped balancing (leaning closer to the original than OpenRA's C&C)

NEW UNITS
- GDI Medic
- GDI Mobile RPG Launcher
- Nod APC (replaces regular APC for Nod)
- Nod Chem Tank
- Nod Scorpion Heavy Tank
- Nod Hind (replaces Apache)

AUDIO IMPROVEMENTS
- Stereo music (mostly tracks from the Sega/PSX versions of C&C1)
- added various sounds from RA1 and TS for more variety

VISUAL IMPROVEMENTS
- added directional cannon muzzle flash (16 facings)
- added RA1 napalm animations (smoother and more 'complete' than their TD counterparts)
- added RA1 water splashes
- added variant of MISSILE with red nose and fins (for use with SSM launcher)
- added different explosions and explosion sounds depending on what terrain or target was hit
- added alpha lighting to several explosion effects
- added blending to some fire effects
- added blinking lights to some buildings
- increased facings of minigun muzzle flash from 8 to 16
- increased facings of flamer and chem spray animations from 8 to 32
- increased power plant and adv. power plant main cooling tower height
- fixed mammoth tank antennae position
- fixed missing shadow on one of moebius' running frames
- tweaked medium tank barrel to point straight forward rather than slightly upwards
- tweaked mammoth tank graphics (replaced shadow on barrels and tracks with real color)
- tweaked adv. guard tower graphics (slightly)
- tweaked helipad graphics (very slightly)
- enabled shadow for all missiles and large bullets

Download Mirrors:
PPM
GitHub

Installation: Copy the 'tdx.oramod' found inside the zip into the 'mods' subfolder inside your OpenRA system directory. If there is no 'mods' subfolder inside the OpenRA system directory, create one first.
IMPORTANT: If you still have the original v0.50 release installed in OpenRA's installation directory, delete that old TDX installation first!

Future TDX releases will always come as .oramod packages that simply overwrite the previous version.

Requires OpenRA release 20160508!

OpenRA can be downloaded here:
http://www.openra.net/download/

omg-my-conyard.png
 Description:
OMG my ConYard!!!
 Filesize:  326.73 KB
 Viewed:  27687 Time(s)

omg-my-conyard.png

battle008.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  417.94 KB

battle008.png

battle003.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.73 KB

battle003.png

Last edited by Reaperrr on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The folder /tdx/maps/llava is empty which crashes the game

Code:
Loading mod: tdx
Failed to load map: llava
Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Required file map.yaml not present in this map
  at OpenRA.Map.ComputeUID (IReadOnlyPackage package) <0x41050db0 + 0x0046b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.MapCache.LoadMaps () <0x4104d000 + 0x00237> in <filename unknown>:0

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Loading the titlelogo.png crashes on Mono/Linux:

Code:
Loading mod: tdx
libpng error: invalid after png_start_read_image or png_read_update_info
Exception of type `System.ArgumentException`: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x0009b] in /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mono-4.4.2/mcs/class/System.Drawing/System.Drawing/gdipFunctions.cs:212
  at System.Drawing.Image.CreateFromHandle (IntPtr handle) [0x00000] in /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mono-4.4.2/mcs/class/System.Drawing/System.Drawing/Image.cs:175
  at System.Drawing.Image.LoadFromStream (System.IO.Stream stream, Boolean keepAlive) [0x00011] in /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mono-4.4.2/mcs/class/System.Drawing/System.Drawing/Image.cs:162
  at System.Drawing.Image.FromStream (System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00000] in /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mono-4.4.2/mcs/class/System.Drawing/System.Drawing/Image.cs:141
  at OpenRA.Graphics.Sheet..ctor (SheetType type, System.IO.Stream stream) <0x41cd2ba0 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Graphics.ChromeProvider.GetImage (System.String collectionName, System.String imageName) <0x41dff6e0 + 0x00213> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Mods.Common.Widgets.ImageWidget.Draw () <0x41dff550 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Widgets.Widget.DrawOuter () <0x41dff470 + 0x00046> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Widgets.Widget.DrawOuter () <0x41dff470 + 0x0007a> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Widgets.Widget.DrawOuter () <0x41dff470 + 0x0007a> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Widgets.Ui.Draw () <0x41dff450 + 0x00017> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Game.RenderTick () <0x41dfc9c0 + 0x0023b> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Game.Loop () <0x41df6ad0 + 0x001e7> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Game.Run () <0x41df6850 + 0x0006f> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Program.Run (System.String[] args) <0x41afcaa0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenRA.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41afbe00 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note sure if that is intentional, but Napalm crates don't do damage to riflemen.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will surely test this one when i have some time again.
The OpenRA TD version is too different for my liking and i see it only as a testbed, not a real TD remake. So i'm looking forward for this one being a true TD remake.

Though also here some small details that bug me a bit, only by looking at the previews.
-Like Crimsonum mentioned, the extended cooling towers look strange. I'm not a fan of altered graphics, if the original ones were fine.
-I'm not a fan of the remapable wrench icons
-the doubled heli shadow. the rotors shouldn't cast a shadow
--one thing that bugs me a bit in OpenRA are the cumulating shadows that get darker and darker. Though the classic C&Cs have this problem too iirc, it wasn't that obvious since there you don't have one unit casting 2 shadows (Titan body + Voxel barrel shadow or chassis+turret or heli+rotor shadow).
-the huge veteran icons should get an overhaul and made to fit better to the small unit size. Especially on infantry you see nothing but a walking star.

-adding a heavy tank to Nod also contradicts the sides gameplay and imo surely ruins the gameplay. Nod should be forced to use mixed unit groups to counter GDIs armor.
The Nod Artillery was always quite weak in classic TD, since it had shorter range than the MSAM, no Anti-Air, no turret, slower speed and less damage. So imo the ARTY should get a balance fix and get more damage and range.
Then it can also help Nod Tanks with the tanks in the front line and the artys behind them.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While I haven't had the chance to actually play this yet, I notice in the screenshot that the mod uses the ugly looking TD laser (well, it appears to be 2 pixels thick instead of just 1, but it's still completely lacking in anti-aliasing).
While adding the super wide glow from the TS lasers would also look ugly, a more narrow outer laser like DTA has would certainly be fitting (or maybe even make it slightly narrower, since you most likely have that option in OpenRA).

Also, since I didn't have time to actually play the mod yet and since there's no recent videos to watch that I know of, I just went ahead and installed it so that I could observe the shellmap. Unfortunately there was not a whole lot to be seen there, so it'd be nice if the shellmap could be made more action-packed in the future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
pchote
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great job! One grumble, though...

It sucks that you're telling people to manually edit their game installation... that's easier said than done on Linux and OSX, and bad practice for all OSes.
If you extract snow.mix into bits/snow (#11481) or reference the copy shipped with the TD mod this packages cleanly as an oramod and runs fine from the support dir.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

The Nod Artillery was always quite weak in classic TD, since it had shorter range than the MSAM, no Anti-Air, no turret, slower speed and less damage. So imo the ARTY should get a balance fix and get more damage and range.
Then it can also help Nod Tanks with the tanks in the front line and the artys behind them.

At least those two are not correct. The weapon range was identical (actually, iirc arty had a tiny bit more range due to a more forward FLH value) and higher dps (150 every 65 frames vs. 2x75 every 80 frames on the MSAM, both with HE warhead).

The idea for TDX regarding artillery is this:
- GDI MSAM: GDI's primary mobile AA, okay vs. infantry and 'wood' structures, bad vs. everything else on ground and relatively expensive
- GDI Mobile RPG launcher: cheaper and better vs. heavier armor, but no AA, more inaccurate, and worse vs. light targets

- Nod Arty: Basically Nod counterpart of MRPG, similar dps and range, slower and more fragile, but also cheaper (best damage/$ ratio)
- Nod SSM: Highest range and accuracy of all artillery, but low fire rate and poor vs. heavier armor. Basically similar but better than MSAM vs. ground, but no AA

@pchote
Sorry, but tbh I had either forgotten or not even noticed that the .oramod support made it into last release already.

Well, the way it looks TDX does have a few bugs that need to be squished quickly, guess I'll use that opportunity to switch to an .oramod package.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated to v0.51.

Fixed the empty folder crash, PNG crash on Mac/Linux, downsized rank insignia, and migrated to .oramod package, which will make future updates much easier as well.

Edit:
Matthias M. wrote:
Note sure if that is intentional, but Napalm crates don't do damage to riflemen.

That's not intentional of course, I even noticed it myself a while ago but completely forgot about it. I think it's minor enough to wait for v0.6, though.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated to version 0.53.

Fixed the RMB joystick scrolling crash and Napalm crates now actually deal damage.

Full update changelog:
Quote:
BUGFIXES
- Fixed crash when using right mouse button joystick scrolling
- Fixed Napalm crate not damaging the collecting unit
- Fixed Nod APC not showing any explosion on destruction

VISUAL IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved Obelisk laser visuals by adding a 'glow' effect and increasing the visibility duration
- Slightly re-increased size of rank decorations

BALANCE CHANGES
- Increased Obelisk firing range from 7.5 to 9 cells
- Reduced Minigunner firing range from 4 cells to 3.25 cells
- Reduced damage of Minigunner, both APCs, Jeep and Buggy versus medium vehicle armor and base defenses by 5% of their respective base damage
- Reduced damage of Mobile RPG Launcher versus base defenses by 20%
- Reduced damage of Grenadier grenades versus heavy vehicle armor from 35% to 28% of base damage, and from 60% to 50% vs. medium armor
- Increased damage of Grenadier grenades versus 'wood' base structures from 65% to 75% of base damage
- Slightly increased range and speed of Grenadier grenades
- Increased Nod APC health by 10%

pchote
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where are you hosting the source for your TDX dll?
You've implemented most of what we need for rendering TS lasers, so it makes more sense to pull that upstream with the depth tweaks than to implement it again myself.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pchote wrote:
Where are you hosting the source for your TDX dll?
You've implemented most of what we need for rendering TS lasers, so it makes more sense to pull that upstream with the depth tweaks than to implement it again myself.

That was my intention anyway.

I've had code for that (and much more) on my local MechWars branch for months, but since I used somewhat refactored & streamlined projectile code as foundation* it required a bit more that copy-paste, so submitting it upstream got delayed by laziness.
I just hacked it into TDX recently due to LKO's comment on the old beam being ugly (which is true).

Well, I filed a PR now.

*using the "abstract default projectiles" approach I showed you a few months ago

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon