Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Questions to the Team.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [276 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I second the Mammoth in that design...

ShadowWalker
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, i just made an account for this awesome mod Smile
i dont like the classic Mammut MK2 its to inmobile like a gigant fortress, a walker with two legs would be easy to take down and a tank is not build for carrying a "superweapon" like the MK2

my idea would be a hovertank thing or something just a idea Smile

best wishs from germany and excuse my horbile english spelling pls :*

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But hovertanks blow up even faster than two legged walkers, mate...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They would also make pretty lame super units during Ion Storms

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unless you do the "amphibious unsinkable HVA hovercraft"...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Something like this
http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=3952
A kick ass reboot of the traditional Mammoth, with a machine gun like triple barrel turret

Which can also deploy into a juggernaut artillery equivalent unit (thus eliminating another ridiculous mech design)

I've been meaning to do something with this concept for a while - maybe not for TO though.
In my opinion, GDI should continue the tradition of the Missile Pods x2, Big Guns x2, Locomotion x4 recipe. And personally I want a mech #Tongue

As an aside, the Juggernaut has been retconned out so that the HMLRS can be the GDI long range support unit.

Team Black wrote:

wait a sec, I thought Holy_Master already made us a kickass Mammoth Mk2 shp

That's a render, TB. It was never SHP'd and would need substantial aesthetic and textural alterations to fit the industrial, simple, and non curvy GDI we have in TO.

Perhaps Atlas can be the next public input case. But it is a little more complex and thus takes longer to prototype changes.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was actually originally Area52's model before it was modified by Holy_master. Her test render is still on my Youtube, in fact.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried to find it on youtube, I couldn't. Not even on the Tiberian Odyssey channel Confused

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look up RyanUkAus on Youtube

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean this right!?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, that's the one

The Team Black Index

sigi
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey,

i am from austria and my english is not very good, but i will try it.
For over a year now I have been following your modification and i like it really much. for me its nice to see that tiberian sun mods are still alive. i like this game very much and as child i spent a lot of my spare time playing this apocalyptic game.
so i have seen both gameplay-videos to this game on youtube and now i have some question:

is it possible to make the explosions of buildings and tanks like in Tiberian Sun Dusk ? i find they turned out very well for such an old game. i would appreciate it if you guys would include this explosions in your modification if you have the permission to do that.

How do you see that? you like it too or do your mod have still better explosions for buildings and tanks ?

so far, so good - See you!

Last edited by sigi on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've fooled around with FumeFX, but I don't fully understand the software and it is hugely hardware intensive - new explosions are on that long list of nice things to have.

For the moment the focus is on the snow tileset being finished and the remaining structures. (And balance).

sigi
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

okay, thanks for answering

and would it be possible for you guys to make the trees and the tiberian flora as dynamic as in stronghold 1 ? i think it would be very, very atmosphäric xD

and every time when a strong wind blows through the flora goes with it. also the raindrops and (if you have also included snow particles) the snowfalkes.

i can imagine that this would be very much time-consuming and maybe, considering the age of the engine, impossible to perform it well. but maybe you like this imagnination and if the possibility exists to make this big thing to reality, i hope you guys would go through it sometime....

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Making snow and rain appear on them would be nearly impossible, but there's a way to make all trees animate at the same time to make it appear asif wind is blowing...
It would take quite a bit of work though, considering all trees would have to be animated then.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Imagine how slow the engine would run, lol...

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject:  Redeemer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fight for Nod..

I wanna Kane's Wrath Redeemer...
to fight against this Beasty Walker...

I will be Mad if GDI finally success to deploy it out in the battlefield but no Nod's counterpart..

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Redeemer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex wrote:
Fight for Nod..

I will be Mad if GDI finally success to deploy it out in the battlefield but no Nod's counterpart..

Wow. With ideas like that, you should host a mod too.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
but there's a way to make all trees animate at the same time to make it appear asif wind is blowing...
It would take quite a bit of work though, considering all trees would have to be animated then.
Code:
IsAnimated=yes
AnimationRate=
AnimationProbability=

Use this right?

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:
but there's a way to make all trees animate at the same time to make it appear asif wind is blowing...
Code:
IsAnimated=yes
AnimationRate=
AnimationProbability=

Use this right?

That would lag SO HARD on forest maps. Re-connection issues to the max. But it would look sick as fuck!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Redeemer Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex wrote:
Fight for Nod..

I am fine with this. I frequently fight for Nod.

luxycomplex wrote:

I suggest bikes, stealth tanks, artillery, banshees, and scarabs instead. Any combination of those should be able to bring down even a late game mech like this.

Nod doesn't get mechs. The Redeemer is a mech, therefore Nod will not get it.

luxycomplex wrote:

Unfortunately, you will be Mad then. Nod's counterpart is stealth and mobility, and general kickassery. It is not a mech.

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject:  Complaint.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In that case, I think I will complaint about this issue to Nod authority.. If Slavick still active then I will complaint to him directly..except my access to him blocked by bureaucracy maze or by any unknown reason..damn.. Crying or Very sad

Fight for Nod..

I hope I can use Hijacker skill to handle this... Smile

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:
Code:
IsAnimated=yes
AnimationRate=
AnimationProbability=

Use this right?

Exactly, although it would require AnimationProbability=1 to ensure that all the trees will always animate at the same time (which means that you need to repeat a lot of the same frames in the animation to create an illusion of a delay between the animations).
daTS wrote:
That would lag SO HARD on forest maps. Re-connection issues to the max. But it would look sick as fuck!

Whether it'll lag depends on the system I think, but the downside of these tree anims is that there's no way to make them not appear on lower detail levels. I'm pretty sure AlexB's hack improves this a bit however...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

always preferred Nod as hit 'n run warfare for Nod, i can't think Nod with Heavy warfare like GDI.
GDI = brutal Forces and massive armor.
Nod = Stealth and attack run warfare, with cheap & weak armor.

Team : Mentalmeister | Mapper for Mental Omega 3.0

Team : TO Project | Mapper for Tiberian Odyssey

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's 2013!

Lol, just wanted to check on you guys. How's it goin? Any progress?

If I was any good at modding TS, I'd offer to help... but alas, I am not, at least not on any level where I could actually make something releasable.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gotta be good enough for Morpher before the team gets it, and gotta be good enough for them before the rest of you do.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anything done beyond the stealth gen last month?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Nearly finished the GDI Naval Yard, although it still needs a nice water blend.

-Helped Morpher bulk out some of the civie assets and embelishments. That was mostly Morpher's work though, so credit goes to him for SHPing up all my renders. Assets include but are not limited to railway stations, oil/chemical silos, cranes, barbed wire fences, an abstract art plaza statue, and an astronomical observatory. Other brickabrack includes additional debris and rubble, crates, etc.

-Started a Combine vs. Humans mod.

-Did models for the Civil GDI Medical Bay, Autoturret, and Drone Control. Got the CGDI array ready for use in game (SHP'd with anims and damage, etc).

-Added cacti as a flora choice for mappers. Allows more varied deserts. Cacti come in tall (the generic stereotypical cactus), and short (squat round hordes of shrubs) variants.

-Made some more effort into the snow theatre, to allow for further campaign progress.

-Worked on a new tiberium SHP.

-Worked on a new VHM and vein SHPs.

-Animated and rendered most of the frames for Atlas.

-Stopped Combine mod.

-Started on GDI wall damage frames.

-Rebuilt, retextured, and rerendered Cabal Core and Power Plants.

That's all I can think of since last month.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I planned some stuff.

The Team Black Index

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wonder if Atlas already use new design right now? since Orac can make it easily. :p

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any screenies? Would love to see the new VHM and veins.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some early renders. If I feel inspired to work on the VHM I'll post up some of them in the community input topic for... community input. And stuff.

A recent list of commits to the 2.2 - 2.3 intermediate version can be found here. Sort of dry reading, unless the graphical commits from January 17th tickle your fancy.

Green Uprising
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened to the older music for this mod? I visted the TO moddb page a while back and there was different music listed for preview, like the song xeno for cabal. I would like to listen to those tracks again.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, In Flames and Timebomb B1 were gold.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I shall upload them again soon, in better quality and include any new tracks Smile

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this mod is pretty much as dead as it can be eh?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not if I have a say!

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! I'm aware that this is a hobby for all who works on it, but it been a couple of 3 months or so since any real statement has been made.. I guess what I would like to know if it's still being worked on or not?

Thanks!

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quoting Morpher's update on ModDB -

Quote:

Myself and Orac are not dead, but full time employment has consumed us both to the point this project has been well and truly pushed to the wayside to our dismay. Without going in to too much detail, I suffered an accident at work in late 2015 which changed my employment situation, I've been recovering and just getting back to where I need to be during that time. The whole process and ordeal has just taken way longer than I hoped. At the same time, with Orac's current schedule he doesn't have the time to finish the remaining assets for the mod and I certainly don't want to pressure him in to doing so.

If a good solid asset creator can help with the remaining tasks I'll happily ease back in to working on this, if that's not the case I'll talk with Orac about what we can do with the assets we have made to see if we can do a huge community asset release.

So yeah, if we want the mod to be released, looks like Morpher needs some content creators, which I assume would be mappers, 3d modelers, etc.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we just have a release of the mod as-is, then?

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would prefer if it was actually finished, but a release of the mod is preferable to an asset release.

Anyone wanna help Morpher out? I'd do it myself, but I'm studying to be a network engineer, which isn't exactly the skill set Morpher needs, lol

Slavack
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree! ^^ I think this project is unique and important to the community. An assets release would be ok I guess... but all the hard work and vision that morpher and orac has given us  shouldn't be in vain...I would love to help but I don't think I have the technical know how to be of any worth.

Edit: what things would need to be accomplished for a respectable release?

adam_wood
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good work and thanks for the effort, it is a huge work. i think the job that has been done from the pictures showing is far enough to release a first beta. for my perspective, although there are kinds reasons it is can not be finished, however, if a story began at almost 10 years ago..., it should have an end, that is fair and respectful to those people who tracing and supporting Tibetan odyssey for so many years, it is really a long time. that's only my opinion. good luck.

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just release it already.
Omg

There's a big chance there won't be any spotlight on this mod ever if not released at least in 2019.

Or give it to me, i'll finish it. I'll improve it too and even make sick maps. Where u guys afraid of? Gotta give the world your creations. Do it

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I AGREE WITH HOLLAND. YOU MUST REVEAL YOURSELVES AS EITHER DEAD OR ALIVE.

Otherwise you might as well just join Twisted Insurrection. Merge your wonderful assets. Join forces with them and become a super mod.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, TI and TO do not mix.
Both mods aren't one of those stupid script kiddies slapped together ripped assets conglomerations.

@Holland:
i would rather see it stay in the hands of Morpher, Orac and the other staff than giving it someone who will rip it apart to include all kinds of random assets into a half baked TS.
You also have no idea how much is left to do to finish this.
Many buildings don't have damage frames, animations, etc. The 3D models of them are split among many absent members, so there is probably no other way to finish them than starting from scratch again.

TO is so long a closed project, that i would rather wait another 20 years to then see a finished release, than a half assembled early alpha version.

I would encourage the current Mod-leader to assemble a list of things that are still left to do and post that list public. Anyone willing to get this mod finished can then work through the list and prove himself capable, before allowed to join the Staff.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac and Morpher have been MIA for a while.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed with LKO. So many people have put their sweat into TO, it would be a shame to release anything less than what we promised.
It kind of sucks that as we get older, the free time gets fewer - but we trade it for other things, like having a family and money to afford cool things.
I still have every intention to pound out a campaign for TO, but it's nowhere in the near future. There are so many other things in my life that take priority, that modding can't compete with.
Besides, it's been this long, what's another ten years? #Tongue

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 6 [276 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon