Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Unresolvable Characters
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject:  Unresolvable Characters Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After Launching the game, It says the following:

"Text Contains characters that cannot be resolved by this SpriteFont.
Parament name: text"

Is this bug never happened to someone before or not?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Upload the Client\client.log file to this topic and I'll check out the cause.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Upload the Client\client.log file to this topic and I'll check out the cause.

Here is it: (Maybe you need to fix it on other OSs like windows 8 or any)

client.log
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  client.log
 Filesize:  4.33 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Thanks for the logfile.

Check if http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads/dta-11555 has the problem fixed.

Nothing changed after fixing the issues, Maybe the mod works only on specific operating system? if yes,
Spoiler (click here to read it):
i am using windows 7 pro E with 32-bit, The manufacturer of my GPU is intel.

If no, then why this happen?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks to me like you try to write some strange characters while the sprite font that the client is using doesn't support/has them.

Something like the font having only A-Z but you trying to write Ö Ä Ü and other crazy characters.

@Rampa: i would put that whole thing in a try catch routine (if an equivalent exists in your current API) and simply skip those crazy chars. The user will soon notice that some chars simply don't work and use normal ASCII chars.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
^Rampastein wrote:
Thanks for the logfile.

Check if http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads/dta-11555 has the problem fixed.

Nothing changed after fixing the issues, Maybe the mod works only on specific operating system? if yes,

The client works on any Windows operating system starting from XP and going up to Windows 10, on both 32 and 64 bit platforms. I'm suspecting that it might have something do with system language; so far only one player in addition to you has reported the issue and I suspect that both of you use non-Western system languages. Then again, we have hundreds of Chinese etc. Asian players who haven't reported any crashes.

Could you upload another logfile, from the newer build this time?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
looks to me like you try to write some strange characters while the sprite font that the client is using doesn't support/has them.

The crash is happening on client startup. With the first crash it happened when adding a pre-defined message to a listbox, so the characters surely exist in the sprite font. So right now I don't really know what's going on.

On all text input fields I already check that the input characters exist in the sprite font and if they don't, I just ignore them. On CnCNet chat messages I replace non-existing characters with question marks.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
^Rampastein wrote:
Thanks for the logfile.

The client works on any Windows operating system starting from XP and going up to Windows 10, on both 32 and 64 bit platforms. I'm suspecting that it might have something do with system language; so far only one player in addition to you has reported the issue and I suspect that both of you use non-Western system languages. Then again, we have hundreds of Chinese etc. Asian players who haven't reported any crashes.

Could you upload another logfile, from the newer build this time?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

The crash is happening on client startup. With the first crash it happened when adding a pre-defined message to a listbox, so the characters surely exist in the sprite font. So right now I don't really know what's going on.

On all text input fields I already check that the input characters exist in the sprite font and if they don't, I just ignore them. On CnCNet chat messages I replace non-existing characters with question marks.

Ok, but i am still busy, Maybe before the weekend.
My PC language is UK english and in the old times it was arabic.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
One thing that can be tested is

1) Downloading and installing Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 Refresh: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27598

2) Running <DTA dir>\Resources\clientxna.exe

And checking if the client works then or does it give the same error.

Doesn't work again but with a new crash message (this one is different).

2016-09-30 04-08-59-636.jpg
 Description:
Parament: character?
 Filesize:  75.99 KB
 Viewed:  4566 Time(s)

2016-09-30 04-08-59-636.jpg

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
Doesn't work again but with a new crash message (this one is different).

Download http://rampastring.cnc-comm.com/extra/clientxna.exe , replace Resources\clientxna.exe with it and check if it works. If not, upload another logfile.

After replacing, A different message but the same parameter (sorry for saying it wrong as parament).

2016-09-30 12-57-57-652.jpg
 Description:
???
 Filesize:  74.32 KB
 Viewed:  4525 Time(s)

2016-09-30 12-57-57-652.jpg

client.log
 Description:
The .LOG File after crash.

Download
 Filename:  client.log
 Filesize:  4.98 KB
 Downloaded:  4 Time(s)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the crash still happen with the latest version (1.1560)?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:
Does the crash still happen with the latest version (1.1560)?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads/dta-11560

..and if it does, upload another logfile.

Before the 23th of september this year, It worked, But after the 23/09 release, This never happened to me.

I recently launched DTA.exe after replacing the clientxna.exe, And it work, but crashes after the DTA icon disappears.

1. What is SpriteFont? - Is it linked with truetype fonts used for all windows system?
2. Do most people had this new update never crashed?
3. I heard that mental omega will use the same new client, If this new client on (DTA & MO3.3) crashes repeatedly, I may no longer be able to launch DTA & the upcoming mental omega.

Last edited by PussyPus on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA 1.15 basically uses an entirely new client, so there's no point in comparing it to the client in older versions of DTA.

Have you tried running version 1.1560 (without replacing anything)? Version 1.1560 was released this Friday, so you won't have it yet unless you manually downloaded it from Mod DB.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
1. What is SpriteFont? - Is it linked with truetype fonts used for all windows system?

A spritefont is a font made of sprites. Basically each character exists as a sprite of its own, and those sprites are used when drawing text with the spritefont.
PussyPus wrote:

Only 1 player in addition to you has reported this issue. Following our update servers we can also see that our player count increased sharply after 1.15's release, which'd point to that few people have the problem.
PussyPus wrote:
3. I heard that mental omega will use the same new client, If this new client on (DTA & MO3.3) crashes repeatedly, I may no longer be able to launch DTA & the upcoming mental omega.

Exactly. Which is why you should test version 1.1560 and help me fix it.

EDIT: That other player now says that for him, version 1.1560 fixed the problem.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
PussyPus wrote:

A spritefont is a font made of sprites. Basically each character exists as a sprite of its own, and those sprites are used when drawing text with the spritefont.
PussyPus wrote:

Only 1 player in addition to you has reported this issue. Following our update servers we can also see that our player count increased sharply after 1.15's release, which'd point to that few people have the problem.
PussyPus wrote:

Exactly. Which is why you should test version 1.1560 and help me fix it.

EDIT: That other player now says that for him, version 1.1560 fixed the problem.

Now i focused on the last sentence you said, I tried to download it but the mirror session was expired, I will try another mirror from the new update released 20 hours ago in my timezone.

If the problem is now fixed, That bug should be fixed on the mods that are using the same new client, I was a fan of DTA & Mental Omega since 2012.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK! It work with me, Tell me what was the reason exactly for being crashed before you fix it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum