Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
What kind of units are more important in the battle?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What kind of units are more important in the battle?
light soldiers
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
heavy soldiers
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
tanks and devastation vehicles
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
anti-infantry vehicles
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
artillery
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
miscelaneous units
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
elite vehicles
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
aircraft
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 48

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject:  What kind of units are more important in the battle? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, commanders! Time to give an advice for General Banshee here and say what type of unit is more important in the battlefield. We all know that nice generals use a mix of them... but there are always one that spotlights during the battle... so we wanna know your opinion about, which of them spotlights?

- light soldiers (Light infantry, Disk thrower, Rocket infantry)
- heavy soldiers (Cyborgs, Cyborg commando)
- tanks or anti-vehicle and buildings (Tick Tanks, Titans, Nod Bike)
- anti-infantry vehicles (Wolverines, Attack Buggy)
- artillery (Advanced Artillery, Juggernaught)
- misc units (Hover MLRS, Devil Tongue)
- elite vehicles (Stealth Tank, Disruptor, Mammoth MK2)
- aircrafts (Orca Bomber, Banshee, Orca Fighter, Harpy)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Buh!!! Comments, people!

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go elite veh!

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Air

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stealth ownz, I want lots of stealth units so i can sneek attack. Only thing stopping me are those fuc*ing sensor arrays Mad

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elite take 6 disruptors and a mk2 in and you can slowly take apart a base.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Sapp726
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

terror, you also forgot the defense towers that should NOT be able to see stealth and when you get too close to an enemy unit you un-cloak Sad

personally i say heavy infantry, i mean everyone uses cc rushes

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this topic reminds me the TS match I played against Sapp some time ago. Sapp initially destroyed my construction yard with misc units (devil tongues), but I've destroyed his whole base later with a huge group of elite vehicles (disruptors). It was a nice game...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah disrupters are good

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i strognly dislike distruptors because nod doenst have a unit of that equal destructive power!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Artillery, the best weapon in the war

setstyle
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Disruptors are quite viscious when used well.

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm... artillery Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I was taught a long time ago by a brilliant strageigist, who used to be somewhat of a C&C fan, is that the most important aspect of any war game, ESPECIALLY Command and Conquer ones, is the infantry. They should occupy the bulk of any army, because there's so many of them.

Instead of concentrating all of your force into a few large targets, why not spread it evenly over tons of small targets?

The weird thing is, infantry are one of the most ignored aspects of Tiberian Sun...

He of course gave me this advice when I was tring to beat this hard original Command and Conquer mission. I think it was one of the first missions where you encountered the infamous Obelisk of Light, and I had a very limited ammount of funds. I had tried unsuccessfully to put that money into just vehicles, and used them to rush the Obelisk... Well, the obelisk and the other units in the Nod base toar my vehicles apart.

Then I tried putting most of my money into Light Infantry and Grenadiers, and only a few light vehicles. The results were amazing, that was all it took to break down the mighty Obelisk, and I managed to win.

Even as different as Tiberian Sun (and Red Alert 2 for that matter, and probably Generals) are, the same basic concept applies. Try it in Multiplayer, just remember to keep your disk throwers a safe distance away from eachother, and keep one finger on that "X" button, in case your opponent tries to squish you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah infantery are good in a lot of situation but sometimes, it's not very good, example, when the ennemy put some wall in front of the obelisk (in tdawn) and you don't have air support, that is very hard, because you need to break the wall, and break and break to let a lot of infantery pass and destroy the obelisk

but everybody know that the good method is to destroy first the power plant Razz

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i alwasy use the infantry... lol HUMAN WAVE OF DOOM!!!!! (kane;))

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry suck. Harvesters own them.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea but its quite easy to run away from harvys

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

press the x button and the auto split up so they can't be run over.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in PPM:FD, the infantry already scatter from harvester constantly and automatically...

I mean, in real life, if you see that a truck will crush you, won't you try to scatter from it?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea makes sense

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*ding ding*
time to make a new poll

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

true... thinking... hmmm... got an idea!

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the little people of anything are the willpower of it all, so i voted for infantry cause they are kinda little

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

radar92
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Field Artillery
The King of Battle

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titans, have 32 or more and I'll crush people.

especially my bro, who only have a strong attack, but a weak defence I'll crush him in a half hour. Shorter isn't funny anymore... Laughing

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AIRCRAFT if a wave of infintry comes send out the bombers and they all die in coming tanks or ground defences and the fighters will eliminate them

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that the tanks and devastation vehicles but not aircraft because the aircraft bombers or something maybe bombing your own units like it was in Vietnam (real world).

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you double posted but when u send the bombers in first the fighters in secound then send in the heavy cavlery your friendly fire should be kept to a mininum

BTW friendly fire has been a factor in almost every war not just 'Nam

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but when your units are in the battle not coming in the battle ( I mean ground units ).

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking in more of protecting the base and asulting the base not skirmishes in open ground or urban warfare

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry my mistake

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To be 1337 you need eleet!

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you are forgiven
maybe we should make a tactics forum

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that would be a good idea!

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, sounds like a good idea...

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[echo]Then make it so![/echo] It would be a very good thing to have in a forum like this.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, although Game Chat was suposed to have strategies discussed there.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by ORCACommander on Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a topic, not a forum.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my mistake Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon