Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
MadHQ's Graveyard
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 14 [652 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A whole new download section!
For years I have been asked how did I make Ra2/YR buildings, or can I release the 3d models and textures. The reasons I have never wanted
to, is because my 3d skills are not spectacular, and it would most likely require someone to have the same programs I use, so it just
seemed kind of point-less. But seeing as I do not care to much any more, and this site is pretty much just a collection of stuff any ways,
I might as well put them up for download. I have released one building of each faction, so maybe some one can find them helpfull.
And if this is some thing people like, I can release more, if I still have them...
So take note*** these 3d models will need 3ds max 2013 or newer to open.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeey thank you for sharing.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
[center]
The reasons I have never wanted to, is because my 3d skills are not spectacular, and it would most likely require someone to have the same programs I use, so it just
seemed kind of point-less.

At least your 3d skills are vastly superior to mine...
Thanks for sharing!

Zero Fanker
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow , you really released some , nice job , thank you MadHQ !

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I salute YOU!

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A little tweak of the lightings...

puppet.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.04 KB
 Viewed:  12071 Time(s)

puppet.png

Natit_Titan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank for share Very Happy

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Humm... I did not think anyone would download those...

Interesting....

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ I just took a look at your site and saw the updates with the new shps and voxels I really like them! putting some in my private mod i am

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So one of the things I want to go back to playing with is, rendering vxl/shp with webgl... But I find it very frustrating... so I have to take breaks...

Anyways I thought I would try to have a look at what I can do with the vpl file...

And I am thinking I may try to do some kind of VPL editor...

Wait a sec if loading...
http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/vpleditor/vplEdit.html

This link shows a 256 section cylinder point cloud of the 32 vpl sections used like a lookup table to the unittemp pallet.

As you can see progress is just getting things set up... Though I do think its mirrored... and I am not sure what I going on with the 3 sections at the far left... I will have look and see whats going on...

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spent some time with HTML/JavaScript to create a kind of granitizing-curve-hotspot generating thing that uses Bézier curve...

Now, I have to modify the code so it generates numbers for a look-up table like the vpl has, along with further tweaking capability's.

The red line is there just to help me see the curve... XP

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/vpleditor/curveTest.html

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another update!

So, I am making pretty good progress with this so far... I think!

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/vpleditor/vplEditNEW.html

I will have to label things a little more to help clarify things.

I will have to add more features to gradient calculation.

I also have to update 3d view data along with allowing it to save a vpl file.

But, so far does what I have make any since?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
A little tweak of the lightings...

Any chance of making a remastered Yuri Refinery the same way (if MadHQ will share the source files somehow)? It's not like the default one is bad, no, but it would be interesting to see how it will look with even more contrast and a texture like this one.  Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Refinery is already god as-is.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 3dmodel of that was lost long ago from a hard drive failure... It would have to be remade... And I am not interested in doing that.

I would also suggest reading my F.A.Q., you can find a link to in my signature... you might find answers to your questions with out having to ask.

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
The 3dmodel of that was lost long ago from a hard drive failure... It would have to be remade... And I am not interested in doing that.

Now I wanna give it a try <.<

Nooze
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or maybe not. There's no need for it Very Happy

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Success!!!

Attach image shows 1st attempt at a generated new hot spot for selected pallet color spectrum...

I also fixed that weird mess that was on the left side of the 3d vpl render... I forgot to skip the pallet that is in the vpl file...

It took an annoying amount of time trying to figure out how to get JavaScript to create a binary file with my data... But I did figure it out and tests worked in game with out errors.

vpledit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.75 KB
 Viewed:  11503 Time(s)

vpledit.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woot!! more progress!

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/vpleditor/vplEditNEW2.html

Added all kinds of stuff... like; loading custom vpl/pal and more gradient effects.

More still to be worked on... like editing vpl data with out having to use the gradient generator. But so far I am pretty happy with results.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep with the good job with the maps and so on.

anyway I found this from 2006 #Tongue from you

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
Success!!!

Attach image shows 1st attempt at a generated new hot spot for selected pallet color spectrum...

I also fixed that weird mess that was on the left side of the 3d vpl render... I forgot to skip the pallet that is in the vpl file...

It took an annoying amount of time trying to figure out how to get JavaScript to create a binary file with my data... But I did figure it out and tests worked in game with out errors.

Boohoo, I got fooled this would show ingame shot comparison of voxel how it look with the palette and VPL...alas Nope xD

Else this is just like same old trying randomly for hopefully nice ingame result, nice effort tho.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
MadHQ wrote:
Success!!!

Boohoo, I got fooled this would show ingame shot comparison of voxel how it look with the palette and VPL...alas Nope xD

Else this is just like same old trying randomly for hopefully nice ingame result, nice effort tho.

Ha! ya that will be in the next version. I have to figure out how the 32 sections are actually applied across the voxel, I do have some ideas... So I will have to try some time, but I am working on some thing else right now.

And ya with out some kind of live demo showing, it really almost seems as thought it is trial and error.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have released 4 new maps.

I am currently up to 60 out of 100 maps for my second 100 map pack, I am really pleased with myself on that... So lets hope I can make it to 100 again, before I completely run out of ideas...

I have also released version 1.0 of my VPL editor, future versions will have voxel loading for the the 3d view, this will be better for visualization of the changes made to the vpl data, along with more curve generating features and improvements.

I will continue work on that later, I have another random odd programming project I am currently working on.

Also I have made several changes to the site, most are on a php end. So if you encounter any errors please let me know.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if you make a .vol generator, one thing you should incorporate is allowing users to expand the tonal ranges beyond what the default palette has, so say we want 12 greens instead of 8, or a larger 24 yellow-red tones and so on. Also would be nice to be able to explicitly choose permabright pixels anywhere on the palette, like maybe you want index 2 through 7 only to be permabright, and use 8-15 for another colour range.

I'm mainly strategizing and absently making new voxels and terrain in my mod right now, so I'd be very interested in .vpl experimenting...

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VPL mapping updated***

I am really surprised by how well this looks and works. Yay!

I still have to fix a few things, namely I am not sure the vpl data is linearly spread across the voxel... So I have to figure out how to accomplish this... But it's extremely close.

Another thing is I have to figure out how the hell to fix the unittemp pallet colors... it seems as thought browsers/html/javascript/webgl does not handle the colors right... It could be my miss handeling... But it does look a little bleached... >_<

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/temp/vplmapping/normalsNew.html

I have added other voxels to look at, select from the drop down box. (takes a few seconds to render/load)

This version is much more optimized:
renders 32 frames and loops, so it does not have to render all the time

several calculations simplifications

it creates normalTwoVPLPointer = array[unitRotation("32")][numberOFNormals] for look up pointer int to color data
useColor = vplData[0].sections[normalTwoVPLPointer[useVPLMapIndex][normIndex]][spanData[v][y + spanStartIndex]]; <- = awesome!

@G-E
You mean like the attached image, those 4 red colors will now be blue? That is already possible with the version on my site... though the 'hot spot' generator only looks right if you have the right colors selected... I just set up an example...

Quote:
permabright pixels anywhere on the palette, like maybe you want index 2 through 7 only to be permabright, and use 8-15 for another colour range.

You mean some thing like this?

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/tools/vpleditor/images/vpleditor075.png

If so that might not work unless you specifically specify the normal values for each voxel file...

As the result of the allied vpl data section looks like this.

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/tools/vpleditor/images/vpleditor06.png

vpledit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.61 KB
 Viewed:  10951 Time(s)

vpledit.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
I still have to fix a few things, namely I am not sure the vpl data is linearly spread across the voxel... So I have to figure out how to accomplish this... But it's extremely close.

I believe it is, but there is the extra light modifier in rules.ini that adds to the shiny pixels for higher contrast, and may darken the dark end faster as well, but since dark is on the far side that's hard to discern without some complicated testing. Since it seems to have a such a dramatic effect, I don't believe it affects the whole tonal range equally, the difference from 1.0 to 1.2 is drastic. Of course a voxel maker can opt to colour the unit in such a way as to replicate the effect on the highlighted edges, but I rather prefer how 1.1 looks even then.

MadHQ wrote:
You mean some thing like this?

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/tools/vpleditor/images/vpleditor075.png

If so that might not work unless you specifically specify the normal values for each voxel file...

As the result of the allied vpl data section looks like this.

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/tools/vpleditor/images/vpleditor06.png

No I mean the individual colours, like right now the last 16 are permanently the same shade on every vpl table, but lets say I want those to be ordinary tones that do lighten/darken, and I only want a handful of colours from the low end to stay permabright, since the first two are special cases already.

So to clarify I'm thinking of sticking to each tonal range for the brighter/darker shades in the vpl rather than bleeding across tonal ranges to mimic that as they do now, because I also want to spread the tones apart a bit more than currently, the green-biege and yellow-biege and pale-green have a lot of overlap. But I do want to retain white, blue, green, red and purple permabright colours, and reallocating the remainder to other things.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean some thing like the attached image?

its only unseeing half-ish the allied colors to create 'hot spot' effect...

vpledit2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.71 KB
 Viewed:  10929 Time(s)

vpledit2.jpg

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just thinking about things more, it could be useful to cap the number of bright tables beyond which the tones don't brighten. So your algorithm to determine the shade shift would remain, you would just lock the tables above that cutoff at the last one, then instead of 16 brighter maybe you have 12.

A more elegant solution would be a kind of bell curve to table shift intensity, with some adjustment to the curve amplitude? Then tonal changes near the middle and the ends would be gentler and between would be steeper... get what I mean?

*edit* I didn't see your post, guess you snuck in... I don't understand your interface well enough to know what you're saying hahah

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't seem to get the game to load my custom unittem.pal, but it loads the new voxels.vpl from expand10.mix just fine?

poopal.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.08 KB
 Viewed:  10858 Time(s)

poopal.jpg

gameaddict11707
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're trying to load your custom unittem.pal on a snow map. Make a copy and call it unitsno.pal.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@G-E I think .pal have to be in "ecache" mix's, I now you had other questions and I will get to them, but I am way to focused by some weird things when it comes to vpl mapping...

Edit*** maybe gameaddict11707  is right about the unitsno.... but I have no idea

Anyways... This is whats bothering me...

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/temp/vplmapping/normalsWTF.html

So I have found a way to exponentially map the VPL data to a vxl... And it looks great! (See link above) Though does seem a little dark on some, but i do think that is the pallet issues I was talking about earlier...

However! By doing it this way sections from the .vpl are just never used...

By my calculations these are the sections that will ever be generated... That cant be right...

Left being back side of voxel and moving right is the front of the voxel

This is how I am calculating...

//voxelLocation = vertex location
//widthNormal = full diameter or normal values so I can divide to a range of 0.0-1.0

//The first assigns the vertex to a section
normalLocation = Math.round((voxelLocation / widthNormal) * 31);

//Then exponentially shifts the results to produce whats above.
normalLocation = Math.round(31 * Math.pow(0.03125 * normalLocation, 3) );

Does this make since to any one? Attached image shows image sphere vs my vpl mapping... There pretty close... The angle is wrong on my render...

Does any one have any thoughts on this?

voxelVPL.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  118.34 KB
 Viewed:  10831 Time(s)

voxelVPL.png

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I'm starting to do is a kind of hockey-stick effect on bright tones, so that my range of 16 shades has the top 3-4 accelerate towards white rather than towards the full intensity of the colour. That's why I was asking if you can replicate WW's style because then I could try a combination of extra light and palette, see which works best...

gameaddict11707 wrote:
You're trying to load your custom unittem.pal on a snow map. Make a copy and call it unitsno.pal.

Actually I made all three variations, stuffed em into my expand10 and now it crashes? hahah

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not know why I tried to over complicate it with that weird formula... Wall bash!

normalLocation=31-Math.round(31 * Math.sin((widthNormal/2) - _voxel.geometry.vertices[x].y)); <- thats all I need... Wall bash!

It wasn't a linear/exponential fit, it was a trigonometric fit... And I am sure what I have can be simplified a little... I just have to remember my trig crap...

http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/temp/vplmapping/normalsTRIG_FTW.html

Now I feel as though the VPL mapping is correct! Yay!

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The highlights look blown out now...
Also your camera is off #Tongue
In a old comment in moddb i noted X 60,0 Z -45,0 as the camera rotation in 3ds max

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I know the camera is not correct... I did not care to much about that, as that is not what I am trying to accomplish. And as all my post state, its VPL mapping.... And the camera was just there to help.

I am not to sure what you mean by "blown out"... They look right to me... I added a screen shot of what RA2/YR vxls look like. You might have forgotten that Ra2/Yr units do look like that.

And from what I can tell its pretty damn close. The difference's I see are the color pallet differences. (I am only looking at how the normal's and vpl act across's the voxel)

ra2vxls.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  739.39 KB
 Viewed:  10729 Time(s)

ra2vxls.png

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't, just bad choice of words i guess cause i forgot the word for what's wrong with the lighting :X
Right if you can't say it show it :p

Edit:
Gif with Kirov with extra light 0.0 and 0.2

Interestingly to get the exact same look as 0.2 for the 0.0 version in PS Curves White Point just needs to be set to 20( that is in Pigment/Ink mode, in Light mode Input to 204, rounding it to a nice number 200 as it visually looks pretty much identical).
Not really that shocking, there's a bunch of things based on PS in WW games, being the tool they primarily used makes sense.

kirov2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  13 KB
 Viewed:  10715 Time(s)

kirov2.gif

kirov.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.71 KB
 Viewed:  10723 Time(s)

kirov.gif

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes that image you attached shows what I meant by "color pallet differences".

Look at how the normal's "shading" works. By any chance do you know what I mean by VPL mapping?

Attached is an image that shows shp builder pallet vs mine...

For some reason I can not get the unittemp pallet to calculate out of binary data correctly...

pallets.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.11 KB
 Viewed:  10716 Time(s)

pallets.png

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated the post with some more notes.

I saw some unknowns in the html, its hard to understand tho, can you post the Voxel, Voxel Palette, and HVA headers as you know them?
Preferably with hex addresses, makes it easier for me.
These will need to be looked at as RApp progresses towards TSpp anyway so its better to look into it before the time comes.
Would be good to start some constructive discussion on any mysteries as that would benefit the entire community to try and solve them.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I went into my color pallet code and finally fixed that... I even fixed my vpl editor code... I do not know why I was doing it the way I was... >_<

And I went ahead and shifted the camera a little to get it into better position... the perspective seems off but that is okay or mine voxel my be a little bigger... either way it was never an important thing for me... but its closer now...

I also was never including the unit extra light multiplayer found in rules(md).ini, the updated version is now using it. Edit* I took it away I did not like it....

This link represents the top attached image.
http://zombapro.ppmsite.com/temp/vplmapping/normalsTRIG_FTW.html

The first attached image is a recent update with a smaller point size so its not as big, along with no extra unit light. I think no extra light looks better.

the second image, does not use a the extra unit light... and has the larger point size (0.26) witch I think is what Ra2 is... I think theirs a difference between what I am using and ra2 engine.

kirovnoexrta.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.4 KB
 Viewed:  10684 Time(s)

kirovnoexrta.gif

kirov.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.19 KB
 Viewed:  10686 Time(s)

kirov.gif

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats, you nailed the shading Very Happy

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Debris Maker (alpha) - The cutesiest little tool ever!

You might need to watch with larger view...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good Game, Well Played

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do not know if any one cares or any experience in this kind of thing... But, I found an interesting little challenge for my-self.

And that is sorting a color pallet...

The 1st  image below shows my current results.

far left -> original Ra2 anim.pal
center -> sorted by hue value
far right -> sorted by dividing into 6 hue chunk sections and then sort each chunk by lightness

The 2nd image shows differnt results with the number of chunks... It seems like more is kind of better... but at a point it looks like its returning to normal hue sorting...

So my questions are:
Does any one have experience in this, or have any ideas on how to sort a color pallet like this kind of like the TS anim.pal
and
Is it worth it to divide the pallet into 6 chunks and sort by lightness, it just requires more processing...
and
How many chunk sections do you think shows the best results...

animpallet.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.49 KB
 Viewed:  10307 Time(s)

animpallet.png

numsections.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.43 KB
 Viewed:  10307 Time(s)

numsections.png

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No love for saturation? :V
Seriously though sort hue, value, and saturation.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I use the saturation to determine if it is grey-scale... That is how I get that little grey scale in the bottom right corner... that is about it so far... Am trying to think of another way to use it....

anyways I attached an image with the effects of sorting by Hue -> Lightness -> Saturation, showing results for each step starting with original pal.

And the results were not great...

It could be that I am sorting it wrong...

For each step I apply a simple swap loop... like example below. so there would be three loops like that...

Code:
   for(var x=1 ; x!=colorDataSort.length-1 ; ++x){
      if(var > var){
         hold=colorDataSort[x];
         colorDataSort[x]=colorDataSort[x+1];
         colorDataSort[x+1]=hold;
         x=0;
      }
   }

Is there a way that I should go about it?

hls.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.57 KB
 Viewed:  10283 Time(s)

hls.png

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AH! I just added the saturation to my chunk way... looks a little better...

plussat.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.06 KB
 Viewed:  10277 Time(s)

plussat.png

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, it is much more organized and appealing to look at now.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! that is what I am trying to go for, as I needed it to be more "use-able". XP

But why doesn't it seem two work without the weird chunking thing I am doing...?

Just applying sorts for H -> L -> S doesn't work right...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 8 of 14 [652 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon