:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Tools » Voxel Section Editor III
I need nudge hotkeys
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
PussyPus
Energy Commando


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: The Arab Country, Time Travel?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject:   I need nudge hotkeys Reply with quote

I see people who make voxels are using some hotkeys like nudge bottom,top,back,front,right,left, And i cannot do some of them, I also never found them on the help file.
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes a particular keyboard wiring layout is flawed and can't handle multiple key presses like ctrl-alt-up because it creates the same gate result as say alt-numlock or something useless. I had a Fujitsu keyboard once that I loved except it had a few glitches where the left arrow would stop working with a certain combination of shift/alt/ctrl but I forget what it was, and I've had laptops with similar glitches for other keys.
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PussyPus
Energy Commando


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: The Arab Country, Time Travel?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
Sometimes a particular keyboard wiring layout is flawed and can't handle multiple key presses like ctrl-alt-up because it creates the same gate result as say alt-numlock or something useless. I had a Fujitsu keyboard once that I loved except it had a few glitches where the left arrow would stop working with a certain combination of shift/alt/ctrl but I forget what it was, and I've had laptops with similar glitches for other keys.


Most computers cannot handle over 2 key holdings, But i have realized the opposite of this on video game controller buttons, They can handle all at once.

Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down arrow will make your screen rotate 180 degrees.
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
4StarGeneral
Commander


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Location: Constant Flux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PussyPus wrote:
G-E wrote:
Sometimes a particular keyboard wiring layout is flawed and can't handle multiple key presses like ctrl-alt-up because it creates the same gate result as say alt-numlock or something useless. I had a Fujitsu keyboard once that I loved except it had a few glitches where the left arrow would stop working with a certain combination of shift/alt/ctrl but I forget what it was, and I've had laptops with similar glitches for other keys.


Most computers cannot handle over 2 key holdings, But i have realized the opposite of this on video game controller buttons, They can handle all at once.

Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down arrow will make your screen rotate 180 degrees.


Depending on your graphics card that is...

And most non-cheap, and we're talking under $20 keyboards cheap, can handle up to 4 button presses at the same time nowadays, though thanks to ghosting other keys than CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT (G-E's Fujitsu's issue), don't always work when held. So really, it's not the computer's fault, it's the 8x8 array of your keyboard.
_________________
"Don't beg for things; Do it yourself or you'll never get anything."
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
wrong forum. this is not minecraft.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Location: Iszkaszentgyörgy, Hungary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second $20 keyboard and all the ones I had were cheaper than $20 beforehand even. Yet I never seen problems with Ctrl-Shift-Alt combinations.

That being said, Ctrl-Shift-arrows is nudge.
_________________



AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea if the hotkeys are assigned to something by your graphics driver then I could see the issue here, you could see about disabling that so VXLSE gets the input instead?
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mig Eater
General


Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Location: Eindhoven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nudge tools where broken for awhile but Banshee fixed them, so make sure you are using the latest version of VXLSE.
_________________



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Energy Commando


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: The Arab Country, Time Travel?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mig Eater wrote:
The nudge tools where broken for awhile but Banshee fixed them, so make sure you are using the latest version of VXLSE.


What is the latest version? i have 1.38

If it is the latest, what are the exact hotkeys for nudging voxels by: left,right,front,back,top,bottom.
_________________
If you are a MetalHead (Heavy Metal Fan) and don't want to be a metalhead, Just remove your metal ball from your head. �:p .


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. By latest, Mig means the latest beta version.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Tools » Voxel Section Editor III
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:


If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise play the game below please contact the Administrator for help.


 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.1238s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0055s) ][ Debug on ]