Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Custom Mission Internal Error when loading mission.
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:  Custom Mission Internal Error when loading mission. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi. I wanted to test a custom mission I've been making for Tiberian Sun and I wanted to test some basic triggers I've added. I've made levels for Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert before but this my first time making them for TS.

I've created and edited the battle.ini to load the load the level from the new campaign but when the level loads it crashes using internal error.

I've been designing the level using FinalSun.

Does anybody know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: I've added the map file if anyone wants to look at it in Final edit. Please note its nowhere near finished yet. Smile

nodmission1.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nodmission1.map
 Filesize:  63.27 KB
 Downloaded:  10 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have missed GDI and Neutral in [Houses]. Don't forget to change the affected
index if and when you change them like [Actions] entries.

You can open the maps in a text editor. Look at the vanilla maps for comparison.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks I've added the missing houses now it loads. Only problem now is I get mission accomplished right way even though I have placed enemy units on the map.

The main objective is destory all enemy units on the map.

So I created a "Destroyed All" Trigger with the enemy being Hassan. I place some units controlled by Hassan to test this but I get mission accomplished before I can kill them to test the trigger.

Also my reinforcements arrive but instead of 3 light infantry and 1 attack buggy I get double of that for some reason.

Thanks. Sorry if these are really noob questions I this my first time at making custom levels for TS and they are quite different from TD and RA.

Thanks.

nodmission1.map
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  63.41 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corrected the map.
- Put the [Houses] in order! Indices changed in Action and Events.
- Removed Tag= in teamtype which was causing extra team.

nodmission1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nodmission1.zip
 Filesize:  17.79 KB
 Downloaded:  6 Time(s)

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks E1 Elite. Its getting  there, but when I move to the corner of the map where the Tiberium field is the game crashes with an internal error.

I don't think it is trigger related. It might be map related becase it always happens when I move to that part of the map. :/

nodmission1.map
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  64.79 KB

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remove tiberium from slopes, they crash.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks E1.

I've made some more progress.

I now have edited the tutorial.ini I extracted from XCC but the text triggers I've created won't trigger the text for some reason.

I also extracted the mission.ini and edited that but in my level when I click restate briefing it comes up blank.

I got a cell trigger to work that once entered by the player it sends reinforcements five Light infantry with a subterranean APC but the only problem with it is want the APC to leave the map after unload the troops.

I also want to change the music via a trigger I tried typing the name of the track as all one word and even including the .aud I also tried numbers. But all it does instead of playing Nod Crush it just plays the menu music probably as a default.

I'll include a zip file with the maps and ini files to those who want to take a look.

Thanks.

nodmission1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nodmission1.zip
 Filesize:  51.07 KB

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Text from tutorial.ini and music from theme.ini are the index numbers. They work
if given correctly and if modified, place them in the game directory or in a mix file
which the game loads. Also restate briefing works. Place the modified mission.ini in
game folder. It also depends if you are using TS or FS, it could take the briefing
from mission1.ini if it is FS.

For others you could look into vanilla maps and for reference:
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Category:Maps_Sections
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Actions_(maps)/TSFS

ModEnc is primarily for RA2, but most of it works for TS too.

Also you could use TS Client from here:
http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40462

It comes with bug fixes to both TS and FinalSun. Included FinalSun comes with
marble madness which can be used with Ctrl+F key to properly connect cliff/water
shores etc. Ini and maps can be placed in their respective folders and mission
briefing can be put inside map itself.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am using TS for now as my levels are based around the base game for now.

Still struggling to get the text triggers to work and mission.ini is still blank in restate briefing section. Also no matter what number I put in to trigger play music theme I still get the default menu sound.

With TD you could choose a theme from a list to play as the levels opening theme when the level starts as for Red Alert I just created a Trigger to play the theme as soon as the level starts I am trying to do that Tiberian Sun but its just not working.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attached the fixed files. Map name changed to quickly test. Added text to end of
tutorial.ini and its reference in map. Briefing= was empty in mission.ini, so it
was showing blank - fixed. Given index 16 for nodcrush in map, given delay of
30 seconds, you can reduce to 0 to start playing immediately. Place these in
game folder and test.

BriefTextSong.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BriefTextSong.zip
 Filesize:  50.42 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks I  am trying use my own battle.ini so I could separate my campaign from the base games maybe that is what is causing text and music not to trigger?

I got the mission briefing working though by changing the map and briefing to name of my map. So that part is solved.

EDIT: I am trying to figure how you got the text and music to work. The trigger are pretty much the same as before so may I please ask what you did differently.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I edited the map with text editor. Check it yourslf in a text editor. FinalSun is not
bug free and it might show it to be same.

Before:
[Actions]
01000013=1,20,8,nodcrush,0,0,0,0,A
01000030=1,11,4,1,0,0,0,0,A

After:
[Actions]
01000013=1,20,0,16,0,0,0,0,A
01000030=1,11,0,419,0,0,0,0,A

419 is the index number for the new text added.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks how did you edit it without getting eye strain. When I open it up in text its all sandwiched together?

I am afraid of making a mistake that could corrupt my whole map.

Thanks again.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Use Notepad++ or Akelpad etc. Those won't corrupt Maps and INI files. Don't use
Word. And have backups to fall back on.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks I've used Notepad++. Thanks for the suggestion I've also downloaded the FinalSunFix from here http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18786

See if that will help.

Its the numbers prior to where you put number for theme or text that was causing the problem so I set them to Zero like yours.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay my next things I struggling with is getting the reinforcement sub apcs to leave the map after unloading its units they're carrying like a chinook in TD or the LST in RA.

Also how do you get the AI to use existing units on the map to create units?

For example I have two Triggers Hassanattack1 and 2 what I want it to do is after the player has built a refinery and after a few seconds after the last enemy sub apc has ambushed and attacked the red nod base, it to trigger two different three light infanty and one attack buggy to attack the Red Nod Base and slightly different times.

I have placed the units I want the computer to use the units in the corners behind on either side of the nod base.

I've set these to recruit able so the AI specifically uses these units and not others left remaining on the map. Yet I still can't get these to work.

Fragile91
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to add my latest map. If people are interested to look at it.

nodmission1.map
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  80.02 KB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon