Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Help Required To Create New Unofficial Patch/Mod for Ra2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
wartank
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:  Help Required To Create New Unofficial Patch/Mod for Ra2
Subject description: It will be played on Gameranger Server
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will like to know if there is any one who have knowledge to edit Red Alert 2 Game and create a new patch.There are too many players who play this game on Gameranger server and use 1.006 patch.In new patch i will like to add new map mods, bug fix, auto ss, and little bit more addition.
If anyone is ready to help me just answer this Post.
Thanks

Last edited by wartank on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Besides the auto-ss which is something in XWIS already, you haven't suggested anything that requires a patch yet...

What exactly did you want that a mod can't do for you?

wartank
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well.
I am happy at least someone answer.Thanks

well what i want is to create a patch type mod and every one will accept it easily.How many people created how many mods but who play them?No one is ready to leave original game.If i will have to choose between a mod took 20 years to made & original game, my simple answer will be Original game.

I am playing this game on Gameranger server from 2008 and i am very good in playing but all those people are playing 1.006.What i want is acceptable changes in this game with out 'EFFECTING ORIGINAL GAME' .Its so easy to convince people to play this new patch if its not a 100% mod.

I know Auto SS is from xwis and they already made it.They have good patch of their own with many changes but that is still not able to convince people to play this game all the time.I want to make this game too much interesting and fun so every one will play it.It will increase Activity on Gameranger & i will also get more players to play Very Happy

Ok what i suggest for new patch is simple in 3 Steps.
1-Maps Related:
1.We have to add at least 300 maps and we have 110 maps already including Xwis maps.These maps should includes maps for all players & this patch is for Gameranger and we need to add many maps with too much gems on them.There are 45% players who play only this type of maps with name of afg or rekool.
2.Its important to add more fun in this game and to do that we need many map mods.People will show their interest bcz they will not have to play same old game every day.I will mention few example of map Mods below
a)a Map mod where we have to defend our base & we cant build more bases.If we lose base, we lose game.
b)another mod where we will have to capture 1 oil derrick in center & it cant b destroy by anything.We cant build around it.If we capture it then we will get good money every few minutes & its easy to beat enemies.
I am not sure of its possible to make this type of map mods but i have hundreds of more ideas.
3.I want to arrange all maps in different categories like '2 players maps', '3 players maps', and more. It will b easy for all to choose maps easily.I will also like to see all map mods available offline also.

2-New buildings:
I want to make this game to 2nd generation and 3rd generation level.
2G Level means we will see a new battle lab after we will build 1st one.It will be expansive but after building it , we can produce few of selected units with double power but only 60% more price.
3G Level means we will see a 3rd battle lab after building 2nd one,and we will be able to build selective units with triple power and only more 60% price.
As you can see this is not a hard work to do and it will not effect original game & people will love it and show their more interest in game specially on big maps with too much money.
After Building 2nd Lab we can build selective building with double and then 3G triple power.Power means those buildings will not b able to destroy easily.
I have more ideas of building with out effecting original game.

3-BUg Fixing and Small changes:
I know about many bugs in game but its easy to look on 1.007 patched and their way of fixing bugs.I want to fix all bugs and everything which is cause of game lagg or auto crash sometime.
I want many small changes which we can discuss later.

Dear all,
This is what i want to make a new patch with out effecting original game and make it fun for all.I hope someone will show his interest to help me make this type of patch for Gameranger server.Its up to me how i will convince people to play it which is not hard for me.
I will wait for answer................

Thanks

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hint:
This forum is all about
"Do things yourself and show that you are capable of finishing stuff, then show your progress and other people might join and help"

It's not
"I have a nice idea, but i need others to do all the work"

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the biggest hurdle here is he wants new game modes, new maps, new tech tree, BUT doesn't want it to be a mod. I see that as impossible/contradictory, and no one would accept the half-assed result anyway.

wartank: if you just want a better and more dynamic RA2, one with a seriously brutal AI, you can try my mod, and maybe convince others to try it? Click my signature...

wartank
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i should learn how to do it myself.Thanks fro your time all

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wartank wrote:
Well.

2-New buildings:
I want to make this game to 2nd generation and 3rd generation level.
2G Level means we will see a new battle lab after we will build 1st one.It will be expansive but after building it , we can produce few of selected units with double power but only 60% more price.
3G Level means we will see a 3rd battle lab after building 2nd one,and we will be able to build selective units with triple power and only more 60% price.
As you can see this is not a hard work to do and it will not effect original game & people will love it and show their more interest in game specially on big maps with too much money.
After Building 2nd Lab we can build selective building with double and then 3G triple power.Power means those buildings will not b able to destroy easily.
I have more ideas of building with out effecting original game.

You don't want a mod but you just described one.

Vanilla RA2 is already bat shit boring and imbalanced, people mod this game to add more variety and take the engine to its limits. A polished mod is much more balanced and fun than vanilla.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well my beef with the game was always tactics, it seemed like they rushed the game out without enough unit variation between houses. Aside from a few overpowered units, the differences were mostly irrelevant, and that meant people would always pick those few houses. This is means people end up playing similarly.

I loved Dune2, I enjoyed C&C1, loved RA1, couldn't get into Dune2000 or TS for some reason, then got hooked on RA2, but none of the successors ever came close to the distinct house differences of Dune2. In Dune2 you had too few units like all the other games, but it still felt more dynamic, even more so than RA2, and I don't see how RA2 can be fixed without therefore adding more units and revamping the balance with them.... and I won't even mention how terrible the city maps are #Tongue

There's just no way around it, to "fix" RA2 you need to make a mod.

wartank
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok if we consider it a mod who is gonna help me make it?

wartank
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Hint:
This forum is all about
"Do things yourself and show that you are capable of finishing stuff, then show your progress and other people might join and help"

It's not
"I have a nice idea, but i need others to do all the work"

Thanks for nice information.
You will not see me posting here if i know how to do it myself.I am here asking for help and i think its not a big task for someone who have good knowledge of editing this game.All i am asking is help of 1 man and we can finish it with in 15 days or even less.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon