Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Kirrim Finds Stuffs
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:  Kirrim Finds Stuffs
Subject description: Did the New Brotherhood join me?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was playing last night and encountered a "bizarre" "exploit" of sorts.

I didn't edit the mission in any way for Hornets to spawn from behind the refinery base. They just, do.

I'm going to finish the mission like that sometime later so that I can finally move on. I'm only stuck because I don't want to lose any GDI units.

And yes, I captured most of the Nod buildings.

Don't expect me to hang out for much longer around this forum. Just wanted to point out something. Might come back to ask questions and post other glitches. Though, Twisted Insurrection is an amazing stand alone mod, thanks for making it for all of us.

I wonder which mod is going to be updated first, MO or TI...

Last edited by Kirrim on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for reporting the issue, aircraft behaviour is quite possibly one of the things I hate the most about the TS engine. Will see what we can do!

Quote:
Did the New Brotherhood join me?

If I were a lazy modder, I'd just slap that on the map as an excuse. Razz

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might've found out why this is happening.

When the AI builds Hornets to replace the destroyed ones, it comes from behind the refinery, I also had all my landing pads occupied by my GDI aircraft with no space left.

So I think it uses the Hornet spawn off the map instead spawning them beside the my landings pads.

I'm not an elite C&C 10 year vet mapper, this is just purely a hypothesis.

Edit:

Was it really extremely vital to Twisted Insurrection to have a Nod Toxin Truck cameo, Aros? Laughing

Spoiler (click here to read it):

Never give me engineers, or else this happens. Wait, this has been happening for the entire GDI campaign...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Toxin Truck is in fact a hidden unit, it's acquired when you own both a GDI and Nod Tech Center. It's a good unit. #Tongue

Looking at that screenshot however makes me realise that half of those enemy units shouldn't be buildable, I'll fix that in any missions that feature the problem.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nooooo Very Happy

Here goes the fun of abusing enemy high-tech arsenal in almost any mission..

Tho it is somewhat strange when you can train Railgun Commandos as Nod in early missions, together with some weapons which GDI doesn't have in story yet.

While you're at it, can you add a full Tiberium Reactor to New Brotherhood's small base in Nod 12 (the mission with a train)? Since the Advanced Reactors are now gone, player won't be able to heal his cyborg team in tiberium (which you get by destroying these reactors) unless he sacrifices a cyborg or two to get a healing tiberium field.

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Looking at that screenshot however makes me realise that half of those enemy units shouldn't be buildable, I'll fix that in any missions that feature the problem.

Nooo! Sad
Don't remove everything! Could we at least keep some basic units and the Engineer / Machinist?

Damfoos wrote:
Nooooo Very Happy

Here goes the fun of abusing enemy high-tech arsenal in almost any mission..

Tho it is somewhat strange when you can train Railgun Commandos as Nod in early missions, together with some weapons which GDI doesn't have in story yet.

Well, you see Person that is a Russian MRLS who I discovered a long time ago on the Mental Omega forums. Damfoos, GDI Engineers and Nod Machinists are the smartest humans alive, smarter than Globotech scientists! But, the great Aro banished them to only fulfill the simple task of being shoved in a extremely cramped transport ohmygodpleasehelpicantbreath capturing structures (And vehicles if your a Machinists.) to suppress this god-like ability to create plot holes!

That didn't work it turns out.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

Personally I think ALL the units of the opposing faction should be buildable with an obvious exception of units which said faction can't have at this time period. Maybe commandos too, though those are not 'hero' units and thus it won't be as weird as Tanya fighting for Soviets in RA2 missions. In that GDI mission with Mammoth you shouldn't be able to train any cyborgs (does the New Brotherhood hate drones too?) and other heretic tech. Limiting cross-teching to just basic stuff like harvesters, low-tier vehicles and infantry kills a good share of fun TI missions offer, IMHO.

Also, that's not an MRLS but a laz0r tank:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1K17_Szhatie

Last edited by Damfoos on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's namely units like Banshee Interceptors that aren't supposed to appear until at least Mission 15. I wouldn't remove everything, I'm not a monster. #Tongue

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kirrim wrote:
Never give me engineers, or else this happens. Wait, this has been happening for the entire GDI campaign...

That's how I played the original TS missions.  Very Happy

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ArchlordII wrote:
Kirrim wrote:

That's how I played the original TS missions.  Very Happy

That's how i play all the missions in all CnCs and even Skirmish in D2K. But lemme be honest Allied Blue mammoths look really cool in RA.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Death Pad Glitch. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fighting Nod seemed pretty hard in Tiberian Sun.

Does this count as a necro / spam / off-topic?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahahahaha. Laughing Thois should be fixed in the next version.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure?
I haven't noticed any exe hack that fixed this issue. Confused Did i miss one?

\Edit
oh wow. just tried to stop a unit that was about to move on the pad and it didn't explode anymore. nice.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The latest version of spawner (applied ot TI) applied a hack that stops this, as far as I know.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
The latest version of spawner (applied ot TI) applied a hack that stops this, as far as I know.

Correct: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5406.0

dkeeton of CnCNet wrote:
Units no longer explode when they are told to attack or told to stop when they are on a service depot. This patch also fixes a lot of other  exploding units problems.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amazing. thanks to the cncnet guys who fixed these.

dkeeton of CnCNet wrote:
Units no longer explode when they are told to attack or told to stop when they are on a service depot. This patch also fixes a lot of other  exploding units problems.

Does this include the stupid visceroid collides with harvester and harv explodes issue?

I wonder if this also helps with the disconnecting train issue, where in their movement blocked units (mostly infantry) whose next waypoint is on the other side of a track, causes the wagons to disconnect from the train, since the wagons see the cell as occupied due to the units pathfinding pre-blocking the cell, while they should actually ignore anything in their path and simply crush it.
Though since the bugfix reduces collisions, it might even increase disconnecting trains? Confused

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding the off-screen aircraft spawn - wasn't there a key which pretty much stated, that they come from these egdes? If turned off, IIRC, they would simply spawn right besides the pads.
Then again, I haven't modded for years, so what do I know #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
amazing. thanks to the cncnet guys who fixed these.

dkeeton of CnCNet wrote:

Does this include the stupid visceroid collides with harvester and harv explodes issue?

I wonder if this also helps with the disconnecting train issue, where in their movement blocked units (mostly infantry) whose next waypoint is on the other side of a track, causes the wagons to disconnect from the train, since the wagons see the cell as occupied due to the units pathfinding pre-blocking the cell, while they should actually ignore anything in their path and simply crush it.
Though since the bugfix reduces collisions, it might even increase disconnecting trains? Confused

While playing online since the update I've noticed that floaters no longer KO harvesters when they're close, so I think so!

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So floaters instakilling my vehicles was a bug, not a feature!? Great, it was really annoying, especially in that Emerald Hill GDI mission.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-patches/blob/master/src/fix_depot_explosion_glitch.asm

Code:
;;; If you pressed 's' to stop a unit while it was repairing on a service
;;; depot the unit would explode. This patch fixes that by running executing
;;; the scatter function rather than the explode the unit function.
;;; This also might fix the problem of viscroids blowing up randomly
;;; when they cross paths with harvesters. Viscroids hit this code path alot

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I restarted my entire campaign for the new 0.6 update. Smile

After solving the seige issue with my Dragonflies stuck behind an Oblisek of Light...

I thought you fixed this after Martinoz O showed you, Aro. Seriously, the flare that's suppose to bait you, saves you. #Tongue

Someone on the Twisted Insurrection Team should just script a carpet bombing of the landing pad to be completely honest.

Also, am I the only person that never encountered the insta-kill vehicle glitch? Unless you count those stupid Globotech Sonic Bombers on GDI Mission 13: Isolation that kept bombing my units.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This no longer happens. I spent the whole morning today trying to get the bomber to target shepherd and shepherd only, which is harder to do that it may sound. Razz In any case, in the next patch (0.6.2), it'll be fixed.

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OH NO A GIANT MOBILE OBELISK OF LIGHT WITH LOTS OF LEGS IS HEADING TOWARDS MY TINY BASE WITH NO DEFENCES! WHAT SHOULD I EVER DO?!?!?!?!

I'M TERRIFIED ARO!  Sad

HELP ME MAMMOTH WALKER MKII "LKO"!
"No."

Oh.

Edit: Well, I found the plot twist. Who do you think you are, Aro? Speeder?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In "survival" game mode WASPs are you best friends because of this exact situation Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will do something about the Venom/Wasp thing, that shouldn't be allowed to happen on that mission. Easy enough to fix though.

Quote:
Well, I found the plot twist. Who do you think you are, Aro? Speeder?

LoL. Care to elaborate?

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
LoL. Care to elaborate?

Spoilers for the mission.

You throw another Venom Heavy Walker despite the fact it's a prototype! (Probably due to GDI's intelligence being horrible as usual.)

It's like Speeder's Mental Omega's Epsilon campaign mission 3, it seems like destroying the American Embassy the final objective, only to for the map maker throw in more enemy reinforcements with no foreshadowing (Or extremely subtle foreshadowing.) or you have to use logic to figure it out!

Or you know, be a 10+ year veteran of C&C games.

Although I do this too a lot too when I make maps, but probably even more cruel. #Tongue

When I do it, I sometimes go as far as playing victory music and then spawning in enemy reinforcements.  Laughing
I usually use music to signal it when they come although.

Aro wrote:
Will do something about the Venom/Wasp thing, that shouldn't be allowed to happen on that mission. Easy enough to fix though.

Aw, my only way to beat this mission. Sad

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Spoilers for the mission.

Just so you know, Q45 conceived that particular mission, not me. There's no copying anybody involved, just to clear that up. All coincidence. Razz

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kirrim wrote:

Aw, my only way to beat this mission. Sad

As I recall the way I beat that mission ages ago was basically to spam Railgun Platforms and infantry at it.   There was probably some weeping involved too.

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has Nod science gone too far?!

swirekster
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is also a nice way in nod mission 9 to spawn tiberium for healing on the way to the bunker #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kirrim wrote:
Has Nod science gone too far?!

I fear nothing can be done about that.
The infector turns everything into a visceroid if it kills it with the special mutation damage.
Since an elite infector does only 1 normal damage and the rest via mutation damage, it transforms 99.9% of the killed targets into visceroids (which also includes killed tanks, vehicles and other stuff).
This unfortunately also includes visceroids itself as they are just an ordinary vehicle.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum