Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Vote Twisted Insurrection for Mod of the Year 2016
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:  Vote Twisted Insurrection for Mod of the Year 2016
Subject description: Phase one of voting is open!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you enjoy the latest release of Twisted Insurrection? Please consider voting for us in the latest Mod of the Year competition! Head on over to our ModDB page and cast your vote by clicking the "Vote" button! Getting through the first phase of voting to the Top 100 would make this the 8th time in a row which is a wonderful feat, but let's see if we can get even higher this year!

Remember, you don't need an account on ModDB to vote and you can vote for more than one mod, so be sure to spare a vote for our affiliates, Dawn of the Tiberium Age and Mental Omega too!

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already did. Smile

drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know .. that picture with that sad cyborg don't fit for a pic that should motivate you to vote.  Laughing

Nice mod but you know for who I vote, anyway good luck. Smile

I mean I expected that picture if you lost Mod of the Year Award, btw lol, you copied this tiny text to find out what it says. xD

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is sad that you haven't voted for TI yet. Don't make him sad anymore.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted.  Razz

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already did. Smile

drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
He is sad that you haven't voted for TI yet. Don't make him sad anymore.

Here you go  Laughing  , hes happy again.

voted for Dawn of the Tiberium Age  Confused

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drive wrote:
voted for Dawn of the Tiberium Age  Confused

You can vote for both, just like I did.

voted.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.05 KB
 Viewed:  22307 Time(s)

voted.png

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Likewise.

Screenshot_20161211-175521.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  468.14 KB
 Viewed:  22295 Time(s)

Screenshot_20161211-175521.png

drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
You can vote for both, just like I did.

Ohhhh

Voted for both lol

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already voted for both!!

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Offtopic, but I find it amusing, is that the Tiberium universe was used to be set in the future, but it is very quickly becoming an alternate history as time catches up.

Look at TI now - 2019 is pretty close.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2019 was the old date, the main story now takes place in late 2030s. This was done in order to make the advances in technology and Tiberian evolution more believable.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But C&C was always an alternate reality, it's just that the Tiberium universe was also set slightly ahead of us.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know. If the Tiberium Meteorites crashed into the earth in the early 2000s and a war would have taken place, technology would have taken a way different route from the start.

A lot of the things in TI already exist (particle beam weapons and stuff, like the Eclipse's cannon) or could be made on a whim (the Kazuar). Cyborgs and Nod's Anti-Grav technology are the biggest question marks, but before World War II nobody believed commercial jet engines would ever be a thing either.

And yeah, RA was always an alternate history to begin with, starting with a succesful assassination of Adolf Hitler. I always saw the TS-line as an sci-fi that became an alternate history as the 2000s passed without Tiberium meteorites crashing into the earth.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure Tiberian Dawn played in 1995, the same year it came out in reality.
The date of the first tiberium meteorite impact was also not stated in TD iirc (only the location near the river Tiber, giving it the name. Or as Kane named it after Tiberius Drusus Caesar), with people speaking about that impact quite some time in the past.

Since the events in TD are quite a while after the first occurance of tiberium and tiberium has managed to spread already around the globe, i would guess the first tiberium meteor came down something around the end of 1980 or early 1990, giving it a few years to spread around the globe.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod splits from the Soviets during the early 90s, the first Tiberium War starts in 1999 and ends in 2002. It's possible that Tiberium itself arrived in 95?

As for the alternate reality thing, wouldn't you say these cut-scenes allude to a connection between RA1 and TD? That said the two work fine without being connected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ87NTbhS_M
https://youtu.be/9GJXynDGZnk?t=505

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I voted for the mod of the year (round one), But still not in editor's choice (round two).

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never played the first games, I never realized they were linked.
Considering, you know, RA2 and YR, it always made little sense to me either ^^ .

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA had RA2 developed due to the popularity of RA1. This kind of broke Westwood's continuity, so they planned to address it in their C&C3: Incursion (well in an early draft at least).

Apparently WW would've revealed that Yuri was a result of Nod's trans-human experiments and an acolyte of Kane. At some point he was involved in a battle with GDI, who were attempting to retrieve something called a Screaming Eagle suit from the vaults of Area 51, but they unwittingly activated the last functional Chronosphere (RA1 design) during the battle. As a result Yuri was thrown back in time, creating the offshoot RA2 time-line.

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon