Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
First time Infantry making....
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject:  First time Infantry making....
Subject description: Just a preview....
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(I don't know if I have posted this in the correct place since I'm new)
I thought of showing my almost finished SHP. (I don't know anything about color remap).

Preview.png
 Description:
Screenshot taken in Mental Omega 3.0
 Filesize:  330.28 KB
 Viewed:  3448 Time(s)

Preview.png

Large.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  817.38 KB
 Viewed:  3448 Time(s)

Large.gif

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In palette, 16 to 31 index represented by red gradient in tools like SHP Builder
are used as remap colors in game.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad at all for your first SHP. What inspired the design?
Also, how did you get your hands on Chitzkoi, the Borillo and Tesla Cruiser though? Aren't they for Mental Omega only?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that the Borillo can be found around here.
Maybe it was the YRArgentina, not sure.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That screenshot is from Mental Omega itself, duh. Besides the new thing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inspired mostly on nothing but self imagination. Usually make female futuristic Infantries, many I've stopped due to no motivation
except this one ... :l
And what Starkku said is correct.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hahaha i actually really love the concept, been making a few similar male counterparts to this actually futuristic jet powered swordman but got his animation for drawing and attacking but completely screwd up the legs work flow making his lower half require a ton of work to be in a state that would allow animating he was going to kinda leap dash, instead of outright hovering, , but you have inspired me. cant wait for this to get released

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks really nice IMO, except I would brighten her coat so it doesn't look pure black. More like the Conscript trenchcoats there but maybe a bit darker.

Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, really appreciate your responses. Animation process was a literal pain, Took me a full month just to finish it. And yeah, even I thought the same about brightening it. but reanimating will take me another full mind wrecking month sadly (But I'll see if I can do it). I'll try to improve my future works.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought modding a mod is illegal.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you use third party assets without authorization in a private mod (therefore, a mod that is not distributed in public channels of internet), it's not a problem at all. However, if you publishyour mod in the internet or announce it as a public mod, you must make sure you are authorized to use all its assets.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Illegal" might be a stretch, someone could sue for copyright infringement, but the likelihood of that is small when the author doesn't make money off it. Of course getting booted off all the major sites for doing so is very likely.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you use multiple ?inverse kinematics setups to animate or was it hand animated, by rig rotation.

despite the extra work that goes into setuping up inverse kinematics, it sure does save time when it comes to animating. one particular animation can only take aday instead of few months

ps. doesnt Mental Omega encrypt their mix files i naturally assumed you couldnt mod it, but thinking about it if you add your own units in a new mix i guess its possible with a rules.ini addition.

Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not planning on exploiting MO or using it for my own mod (I don't make mods), or etc, I only use it to test my infantries since I have issues with vanilia YR. I don't know well about animating so not sure what inverse kinematics is and I animate with hand rig rotation. (I didn't mess around with the assets of MO, only replaced one of the ingame infantry's shp with mine so I can see the results.)

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inverse kinematics, allows you setup  rigs for mechanical style animations, but i find its quite effective for simple infantry animation, if used for sprites.

do google search for tuturials on inverse kinimatics for whatever 3d software you use

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon