Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[RA][OpenRA] Iroquois Gunship
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:  [RA][OpenRA] Iroquois Gunship Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made this unit in an unsuccessful attempt to replace the Hind found in OpenRA's Allied build tree with something much more appropriate. The Hind is completely out of place there and if it is to be used, should only be used by the Soviets.

Since it won't be accepted by the OpenRA devs, no matter how close to the original Westwood assets it is. I would like to make it available to anyone who will find a use for it.

I have chosen the Iroquois or Huey in it's gunship configuration. Mostly used during Vietnam but would fit just as well in an Eastern European setting mowing down all the commies haha.

These two images feature the use of the 4 bladed rotor before the transition to a 2 bladed rotor for the final unit.

Edit: Forgot to add cameo

hueyicon.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  hueyicon.shp
 Filesize:  2.33 KB
 Downloaded:  141 Time(s)

[RA][OpenRA] Iroquois Gunship.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  [RA][OpenRA] Iroquois Gunship.zip
 Filesize:  5.89 MB
 Downloaded:  563 Time(s)

Last edited by Mortecha on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cute :3

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rotor blade animations are pretty iconic, but I think the shape isn't bulky enough to remind me of a Huey.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I was trying to make it seem not as bulky to match the scaling of the other aircraft.

I have experimented with larger versions but found that it stood out too much.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are several single bright pixel standing out
Also the glass should be antialiased a bit better and not such a single bright color.
Even as a full remap unit, it could also have a better lit/shadowed shape as the surface is rather plain colored. Some more brighter/darker spots to increase contrast would surely help a lot making the shape more visible and also help in increasing the bulky appearance.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The body does look pretty plain, if the rotor anim wasn't as thick it would probably make it look worse Smile

Improve the detail if you can, add some dirt and highlights, military stuff shouldn't be clean...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The goal is to make it fit with the original Westwood sprites.

The UH-1 is simply a more plain looking heli than the Apache, there's less physical detail to work with.

That said, I do agree with LKO's critiques re: contrast/lighting. The tail in particular stands out. It's pretty good, but it could be great.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^
Exactly

Really good points LKO. I'll have to play around with the lighting some more to make it better. The tail and cockpit roof windows also bug me. The lighting in the render process has been shaving the back of it off just alittle leaving one pixel lines in places that look as though they are floating and the windows are not symmetrical in places where they should be. The firing anim is also slightly higher than it should be too.

I could bulk it up just abit to make it resemble one more, before it starts to dwarf all the other unitsXD

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!