Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
All times are UTC + 0
How do you guys convert TS animations to RA2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:  How do you guys convert TS animations to RA2
Subject description: I need help here! Just a quick help from expierienced people (Probably all of PPM)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup i need help! Anyone know how to convert TS animations to RA2?
I made an animation and I used TS anim pallette cuz it's easier...
As I said, does anyone know how to convert those? Thx in advance!

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You just need to convert it to the RA2 anim pallette.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In order to quantize the colors of the animations in what ever TS pallet is used into RA2's, you will need to initially export the frames into a series of images (either png or bmp will do) via File > Export > SHP -> Images then reimport them into a new shp with the correct pallet set via File > Import > Image -> SHP.

You can select the palette you want via Palette > Game > Palette. Not sure exactly which one you'll need so experimentation is in order. You must set up the palette before importing the images.

Colors may change through the quantization process so touch ups on remaps, colors and shadows may be required.

The other alternative is to copy and paste frame by frame into a new shp with the desired palette but that will take way longer.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So In OS Shp Builder, I need to export the whole Shp into Png? Then should I rename them all 000*.png, cuz it's the "Packaged" name used for Shp Builder right? So then import it to Shp Builder, Use the RA2 anim pallette and should be finished?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye:) The colors will either be close or the same but using different palettes. However shadows may not be. It may involve some manual fixing afterwards but this way is definitely the quickest.

You may also find that Shp Builder doesn't create a new window when creating the shp from import, but the shp is selected. You can save it, close shp builder then reopen and you will be able to see it. It's not the most intuitive program to get used too.

As for renaming, they have to be incrementing upwards from 0000.png But this will already be done for you when you export, make sure to leave the save file name field empty as the numbers will get added and automatically increment for each frame.

Last edited by Mortecha on Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Mortecha!!  Very Happy

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait a second. Mig's suggestion is way better. Just change the palette to the RA2 anim Palette and save it. forget all the advice I just gave.

The method I was outlining was for converting TD and RA shps to TS and RA2. Forgot that TS and RA2 palettes are almost the same.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
So In OS Shp Builder, I need to export the whole Shp into Png? Then should I rename them all 000*.png, cuz it's the "Packaged" name used for Shp Builder right? So then import it to Shp Builder, Use the RA2 anim pallette and should be finished?

way too complicated

-open the SHP in SHP Builder in the right palette
-press ALT+a
-select Palette conversion
-click Browse to select new palette
-select "Apply to all Frames"
-remove all "colors to spare" except 0 (since yours is an anim, you dont have to care about keeping remap intact)
-click OK

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or if you're using Ares just grab the TS Palettes and set them to use those specific palettes in artmd.ini

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's Actually Possible!!?

I never read such a thing on the Documents!!  Shocked

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
NucleiSplitter wrote:

way too complicated

-open the SHP in SHP Builder in the right palette
-press ALT+a
-select Palette conversion
-click Browse to select new palette
-select "Apply to all Frames"
-remove all "colors to spare" except 0 (since yours is an anim, you dont have to care about keeping remap intact)
-click OK

I didn't even know that Palette conversion existed!!! Laughing

Well that makes life a tad bit easier now.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon