Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
Has anyone found a fix for tC&C3 crashing in windows 10
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:  Has anyone found a fix for tC&C3 crashing in windows 10
Subject description: The one with the exception in the exception handler?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks in advance I;m running it off steam and it worked in windows 7, now not so much.

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Define "crashing in Windows 10". What error message do you get and when?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when I run C&c 3 off of steam it shows the logo, then the screen turns black and an error message pops up saying that there is an exception in the exception handler.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have a notebook with 2 graphic cards (e.g. intel onboard + nvidia)?

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I have an intel graphics card and am running direct x 12

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only intel? Or intel + nvidia?

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my earlier post but I have an HP desktop computer. After running the Directx Diagnostic tool it says that, under the display tab in the device catagory:
Device
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics family
Manufacture: intel corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics family
DAC type: internal
Device type: Full Display device
Approx. Total memory: 2119 MB
Current Display Mode: 136x 768 (32 bit)(60 hz)
monitor: generic pnp monitor

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, it's only the Intel graphics card, since desktops doesn't have two graphics cards working like it does on notebooks and if he had an nVidia card, I'm sure the Intel one would be deactivated.

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah basically, I think the problem lies with the graphics card because I know someone who I think uses AMD and they can run the game just fine.

Also After i downloaded and ran the latest direct x drivers it stopped crashing with the exception in the exception handler message, now it just shows the green logo, the one at the center of the screen while the game loads, and then sends me back to the launcher with no explanation.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not unlikely that your Intel graphics card simply isn't able to handle C&C3 in the first place. Intel graphics cards are generally fairly low end after all and thus not really intended for gaming (they're mostly just "better than nothing"). You're indeed much better off getting an AMD or Nvidia graphics card for games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
So, it's only the Intel graphics card, since desktops doesn't have two graphics cards working like it does on notebooks and if he had an nVidia card, I'm sure the Intel one would be deactivated.

That doesn't work always like that. Most people with a notebook with 2 graphic cards have to set explicitely TW/KW to use the nvidia card in the nvidia control panel. Otherwise it tries to use the intel one which results in the "excepton in exception handler", even if there is an nvidia card present and auto-choice is set.
However, I guess the intel one is just not capable of handling games like TW/KW.

drstrangelove
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shoot, so is there a way to get around this without getting a new graphics card. Anyway to "downgrade" the graphics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum