Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 2 Archives -> Icelan Beta Session
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject:  Red Alert 2 Archives -> Icelan Beta Session Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are the rarest of the Pre-Gold RedAlert2 screenshots.  

The first pictures seem to be from the web version of the Prima Strategy Guide.

There are also the only known screenshots leaked out of the Icelan public beta session.  As taking screenshots was forbidden, one wonders how these made it out.  Noticeable in these pictures is the inclusion of the sidebar, the perfect quality found in PNG images, and the interesting mix of the 2 Icon styles (Textless, for use with Tiberian Sun's Cameo Text, and with Text, albeit with a different font).

The photos are of the Icelan beta test itself, with 2 monitor shots showing the different soviet sidebar and the old icons, along with some very cool posters.

The contents of this section were submitted by BrianPrime.

Navigation

-> Go To Next Section [September 2000 (1/3)]
-> Back to Red Alert 2 Archives

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:53 pm; edited 5 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Them cameo renderings are nice, i always hated the RA2 ones for some reason, dont quite know why though...

I want that poster too! So nice and big, take up my whole wall in my room Very Happy

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have never seen these befor... Wounder if there is more out there :p

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just had to remake that Soviet / USA poster #Tongue

Could not get the ripple effect though...

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I did love that sovietised USA flag, it was very well done.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Given that the real US flag vertically begins with a red stripe and that the star isn't complete, I suppose the whole flag on the "screenshot" isn't complete.
Would be cool if you made a complete version Smile

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this just me or does it look like theres a swastika behind the flag?

Anyway, its really a nice remake, could be nice as a wallpaper #Tongue

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poster xD

I dont have the RA2 logo done yet... so you can have the orignal RA one Very Happy

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztyping epic win!

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ginius! Just ginius!

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump through the decade because this needs a correction bad.

Knew this years ago had not gotten to mentioning this and eventually it slipped, Ploki brought these "Icelan" screenshots up as well as this thread.

The black and white screenshots have nothing to do with Icelan, they are from the Prima Guide web version, some of them can be found in the Fast Track Guide.

All those "RareScreen" pics are also fucked up cause they were resaved to a paletted image screwing them up quite a bit.
"RareScreen03" for example is f01.jpg https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20030412105135/http://primagames.com:80/games/images/wht_pftg/76152980/f01.jpg

f01 was specifically located at https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20021031005558/http://www.primagames.com:80/strategy/guide/1413/5472/

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any idea why the screenshots were black and white in the first place?

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guide was, the Fast Track Guide is a direct copy paste from the PDF text, the images can even be matched up thus we eve get some of the thumbnails that the archive is missing

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've done a quick edit in the first post to fix the things mentioned by tomsons26lv. The site should be updated in less than 24 hours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon