Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Moscow (2-8)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject:  Moscow (2-8) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the first map I have ever finished & it's taken me over 10 years #Tongue I started working on it Just after RA2 was released & never got round to finishing the last few bits until now!

It's a mash-up of the two Moscow missions from the original RA2 campaign, the top half of the map is the last Allied mission & the bottom half is the second to last Soviet mission. I've combined them together to make an 8 player skirmish map with 3 players at the top, 3 at the bottom & 2 in the middle, well suited to a 2 Vs 6 AI comp stomp.

I also have an unfinished mash-up map of Washington that I hope to finish some day too...

moscow.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  moscow.zip
 Filesize:  166.98 KB
 Downloaded:  1710 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That reminds me of the last mission of the Allied RA2.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

001010011100101110 wrote:
That reminds me of the last mission of the Allied RA2.

Well done genius. Rolling Eyes
Nice work Miggy, very good remake.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's almost as if we're looking at the maps themselves... O_O

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice mash up! Always kinda thought about doing something like that with mission maps from TS/FS.

this will certainly get played once my YR disc finds it's way back into my disc drive...but right now FS is sitting comfortably in there getting use a couple times a day for about 20 minutes at a time...but that only lasts for like a week and then i get bored of testing random maps...lol

Eldrei
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you made the map from scratch or did you just copypasta'd both mission maps and did small edits? Rolling Eyes

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He probably took one map, extended it and traced features of the other.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's propably an OK map to play, but I always disliked the inaccuracy between the cities in RA2 and their real-life counterpart. I understand some things cannot be implemented or would just take too much effort, but where the hell are the rest of the Kremlin buildings, really?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made one big map & then C&P the other two into it, I then had to re-add all the units, buildings, trees, etc. Which is where I got board & gave up all these years ago, in the end it only took me a few hours yesterday morning to finish tho XD.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry if I'm bumping this 6 year old thread but I guess as long as the creator is still active here if I'm not mistaken then I guess it's alright...

I have problems on running this map, particularly, the game always freezes at some point. I like the map but yeah, I can't enjoy it with the constant game freezing.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone needs a Moscow map, don't they?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you running it with any mods or the standard YR?

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, I'm not running any mods. Or I dunno what you mean by "standard YR" if it's with or without Ares or either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon