Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
DonutArnold's Art Dumpster
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:  DonutArnold's Art Dumpster Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of just creating new topics for every new WIP project I decided to create this topic and continue posting stuff here.

I am currently making a Yuri Building Kit for Blender which will provide materials (shaders, textures) and building pieces with damage and snow frames to ease creating assets for Yuri. No need to invent the wheel every time you start modeling a Yuri building.

Also, it's about damn time that someone started to create this replacement turret for the Yuri Easter Island Laser Statue (I don't remember the name). The following asset will be part of the Building Kit, but will also be released as a standalone .SHP at some point.

yuri_kit01_05_edit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.99 KB
 Viewed:  9723 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_05_edit.png

yuri_kit01_04_edit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.36 KB
 Viewed:  9723 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_04_edit.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool idea! Should the bricks be a little smaller or have I just forgotten how huge they were in RA2? #Tongue

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're actually varying a lot. Psychic Dominator has like twice as bigger tiles. This current scale seems to be most common in Yuri buildings. However, it doesn't matter since you can change the scale manually to suit your needs.

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh looks good ... I'llhope you can release soon .

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh oh, that head interests me.

Would you 'carve' a Yuri logo on its forehead though?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn great, now there will be more authentic Yuri structures... hail to the great Yuri! And to DonutArnold for working on this kit Very Happy

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Yuri Bust had 2 versions of the Voxel Turret too IIRC... also neato! Very Happy

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
The Yuri Bust had 2 versions of the Voxel Turret too IIRC... also neato! Very Happy

I managed to find only one: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=35512 Is there another?

Speeder wrote:
Oh oh, that head interests me.

Would you 'carve' a Yuri logo on its forehead though?

Sure.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they're referred to as cahead.vxl and caheaddm.vxl in the mixes.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kind of misunderstood your post. I thought that there were 2 replacement heads. And I'm aware of that YR cahead.vxl.

hogo98
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holycrap it's DonutArnold!

Thanks for the banners GM

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hogo, wut, where have you been? Very Happy

hogo98
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been around just very quiet and occasionally checking what's going on but I got the urge to return and MOD / Work on OpenRA so here I am Smile

Good to see you again Very Happy

Thanks for the banners GM

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to have you back! Smile

Here's some update:

yuri_kit01_06.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.51 KB
 Viewed:  9301 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_06.png

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look good, looks like concept art.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wtf

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More progress with the Bio Reactor. I used this concept art if anyone was curious about it:

@Anderwin: what was that supposed to mean?

yuri_kit01_07.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.73 KB
 Viewed:  9262 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_07.png

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man, DonutArnold, you're an amazing blender guy

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very interesting work!

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look better now, any chance to share with .blend file ?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
More progress with the Bio Reactor. I used this concept art if anyone was curious about it:

@Anderwin: what was that supposed to mean?

This is what i was looking for, i wanted to use it for the bringing back cut contents, my missions i make will also feature any of the cut contents (however if you will not release it, come give it to me using PM), however, about the monolithic construction yard, i made a one myself, this time i need you to make a the exact same one in the concept art, i will use it as the prototype conyard, the one i made is a different full version, but i still didn't show the conyard.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@DarkVen9109: Thanks! Blender is a great 3d modeling software that has great capabilities to create assets for C&C games and since it's free I'm trying to encourage people to create their own assets by making these templates.

@Madin: Thanks! Seeing your stuff keeps me inspired. Smile

@BySc: Yeah, the Yuri Building Kit and all the buildings I create with it will also have their .blend files released (with exception of private assets).

@PussyPus: It'll be a public asset, so no worries.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
@DarkVen9109: Thanks! Blender is a great 3d modeling software that has great capabilities to create assets for C&C games and since it's free I'm trying to encourage people to create their own assets by making these templates.

@Madin: Thanks! Seeing your stuff keeps me inspired. Smile

@BySc: Yeah, the Yuri Building Kit and all the buildings I create with it will also have their .blend files released (with exception of private assets).

@PussyPus: It'll be a public asset, so no worries.

Nice, you responded with the 4 posts above your post you posted above my post you read right now, anyway for the blender template, this is why i am using blender instead of gmax, its tools could be used quicker than any, even when creating a mesh it creates it immediately, 3DS Max creates a mesh with scaling 1st like what happen to spheres, those are the main reasons i loved blender.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Snow frame:

yuri_kit01_09.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.24 KB
 Viewed:  9044 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_09.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey donutarnold, how did you got the snow textures? are they just transparent ice image and you place it on the texture?

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh looks awesome.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let there be damage!

@PussyPus: I added separate planes with snow textures that had some alpha holes to make textures under it slightly visible through the holse. Also made verticles to emit ice spikes. Then I parented those planes to an empty cube, so I can quickly switch between temperate and snow frames by just moving the empty cube.

yuri_bio_reactor01_01_edit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.98 KB
 Viewed:  8921 Time(s)

yuri_bio_reactor01_01_edit.png

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cant wait. Looks great.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really good work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I wish I had skills and enough requirements to use Blender like you, Arnold. Sad

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks really good!
Nice to see these old concept sketches come to life.

All I'd say is currently the damage version looks to similar to the undamaged.
Maybe have the top left foreground canister, brokenken off and lying on the ground or something. So the silhouettes of the structure are different for fixed/damaged.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:

Yeah! I've been watching tutorials lately on how to make buildings via Blender. But still I feel lazy lol. I will be downloading your template when I feel productive and ready to start. Maybe I should go on basics first.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for input (SMIFFGIG and co.).

Moar damage!

yuri_bio_reactor01_03.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.5 KB
 Viewed:  8829 Time(s)

yuri_bio_reactor01_03.png

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oo looks better now. I loved.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does the Bio Waters animated too?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@deathreaperz: Yep, they'll have the similar bubble animation as the original one.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great, though I would get rid of that top half of the container thing on the ground, which extends beyond the foundation of the building.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold - that thing is beautiful. Great work.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is awesome !

but what was its intented purpose by WS ?
advanced powerplant ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@OmegaBolt: Fixed by making the piece smaller and moving to closer to the building.

@Symphonic: Thanks! Smile

@Exley: Westwood's intention was to make it work as Yuri Bio Reactor. Just an alternative design which didn't get chosen.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pff
this is way better than final one

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finished result, will post .SHP and source files (.Blend and .PNG sequences) soon.

ygpowr_c_01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.08 KB
 Viewed:  8550 Time(s)

ygpowr_c_01_01.gif

ygpowr_bd_01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.8 KB

ygpowr_bd_01_01.gif

ygpowr_b_01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.61 KB

ygpowr_b_01_01.gif

ygpowr_a_01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.77 KB

ygpowr_a_01_01.gif

yapowrmk01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.23 KB

yapowrmk01_01.gif

yapowr_bd_01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.75 KB

yapowr_bd_01_01.gif

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Upload limit 6. Generic buildup:

ygpowrmk01_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.35 KB
 Viewed:  8547 Time(s)

ygpowrmk01_01.gif

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Homina Homina Homina

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awesome !

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The way the canisters pop out of the sphere seems unrealistic (they'd have to overlap each other to fit in), but still VERY good. Can we NOT credit you in our mods? #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if Yuri Statue had two version like the Statue one (mission) and the buildable one (as advanced defence).

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great!The gravy inside looks delicious.
To me, the silver grey parts looks not very "Yuri" to me though. Maybe making it brown will be better.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02: Quite many buildups in RA2/YR look unrealistic, this is just what I thought to be coolest and logical one to make.

@deathreaperz: Possibly... Wink

@Trans_C: Quite many Yuri buildings use gray/metal materials, this is what I thought to fit the most. It's final now. The source is available though, so it's possible to create variations of it.

Here's some progress of the statue, added remap and some damage:

yuri_kit01_10.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.23 KB
 Viewed:  8358 Time(s)

yuri_kit01_10.png

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon