Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some MP Houses questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:  Some MP Houses questions
Subject description: any advice appreciated
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have finally finished terrain work for my map, and only thing that needs to be done, are some triggers. I have found great amount of info and advices here, but some things I would like to have cleared up. Mostly about houses.

1) In FinalSun, for selecting spawn house in actions, etc. , there are two options to choose from. Spawn1-8 group and Multi-Player group. What is difference between these options? Which is better to use for actions/Teams?

2) If I use triggers containing specific MP house in action, would be map compatible with other Tib. Sun releases/clients ? Or this MP house selection is exclusive for TS Client?

3) I have read somewhere here (also tested myself) that MP house can't be set for trigger event, giving IE. Is this still true, or something has changed since releasing of TS Client? For example having tag for building with "Entered by" event for specific house, to grant some action for player if captured.

Any info appreciated.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Some MP Houses questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:
1) In FinalSun, for selecting spawn house in actions, etc. , there are two options to choose from. Spawn1-8 group and Multi-Player group. What is difference between these options? Which is better to use for actions/Teams?

Only Spawn1-8 work. The "Multi-Player" houses aren't actually a thing in the game, while the creator of FinalSun thought they'd be. So using the "Multi-Player" houses will just crash the game or cause other effects that depend on the exact case.

Also note that the Spawn1-8 houses won't work in all actions either; they only work for a limited sub-set of actions, those being Change owner and reinforcement actions (that have Spawn1-8 set as their House in the TeamType).

Tuc0 wrote:
2) If I use triggers containing specific MP house in action, would be map compatible with other Tib. Sun releases/clients ? Or this MP house selection is exclusive for TS Client?

If you use the Spawn houses, your map will be compatible with my client and also FunkyFr3sh's client (the "official" CnCNet client for TS). It won't be compatible with the original game.

Tuc0 wrote:
3) I have read somewhere here (also tested myself) that MP house can't be set for trigger event, giving IE. Is this still true, or something has changed since releasing of TS Client? For example having tag for building with "Entered by" event for specific house, to grant some action for player if captured.

This is still true.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for quick reply Smile , all answered.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Some MP Houses questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Tuc0 wrote:

This is still true.

While not directly related to the question, I thought it's worth mentioning that you can use -1, which stands for "any house", on the "Entered by" event, even in multiplayer maps. I'm not sure about other events that require a house ID parameter, though.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Some MP Houses questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

While not directly related to the question, I thought it's worth mentioning that you can use -1, which stands for "any house", on the "Entered by" event, even in multiplayer maps. I'm not sure about other events that require a house ID parameter, though.

Yes, I know about that option, I am also searching for some simple solution to determine specific house event to trigger. I have some alternative idea to get desired effect, but needs lot of testing. I will give response if I succeed.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for bumping, I am bit confused about some results I encountered
^Rampastein wrote:
Only Spawn1-8 work. The "Multi-Player" houses aren't actually a thing in the game, while the creator of FinalSun thought they'd be. So using the "Multi-Player" houses will just crash the game or cause other effects that depend on the exact case.

Also note that the Spawn1-8 houses won't work in all actions either; they only work for a limited sub-set of actions, those being Change owner and reinforcement actions (that have Spawn1-8 set as their House in the TeamType).

I have tried trigger with action "Change owner" setting one of SpawnX houses (matching correct player spawn location), but it gives IE when triggered. However setting one of 50-57Multi-Player houses does the change without problems.
So are those Multi-Player houses usable in actions only? Or is FS using swapped ID for Spawn1-8 and 50-57Multi-Player?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon