Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Final Alert 2 YR with Mental Omega 3.0 Buildings, Units....
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:  Final Alert 2 YR with Mental Omega 3.0 Buildings, Units.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to use Mental Omega things in Final Alert 2 YR?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeh I know that, only thing is about triggers. I have triggers done nicely nothing wrong. Only thing is I'd like to spawn a Stalin's Fist throught the Final Alert 2 Editor not make it in game and then drive it to where I want it.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BeigeRage wrote:
Yeh I know that, only thing is about triggers. I have triggers done nicely nothing wrong. Only thing is I'd like to spawn a Stalin's Fist throught the Final Alert 2 Editor not make it in game and then drive it to where I want it.

Well, the one and only option is you must have FinalOmega (because FinalOmega reads expandmoXX.mix)

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surely you could just copy the mo files to md for the benefit of FA2?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MIX files are protected, so FA2 will still not read them.
FinalOmega will, but it is not available to the public and I think it never will.

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no FinalOmega Sad

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
The MIX files are protected, so FA2 will still not read them.
FinalOmega will, but it is not available to the public and I think it never will.

I thought the plan was that it would be released together with a future MO update? Or did Speeder (or you) change your mind?

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since he was the one working on Final Omega, and he's doing a completely new editor now... the issues that people might have with FO most likely won't be fixed, so it's doubtful it will get released. #Tongue

So i think we're all better off waiting until his new editor is finished.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At some point its stability went downhill, so I decided to spend the time on a new editor rather than throwing it into the black hole named FinalOmega.

/ppm/'s stupidity

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what would be so special for MO that FinalAlert can't be used.
Good luck with the new map editor anyway RP Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The mix protection.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you get the ingame name of the unit (e.g. TTNK for Tesla Tank), then you can manually specify it IIRC. The editor just won't recognize it, but the game will.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
The mix protection.

This and some other hacks.
It even included a proof-of-concept DLL like Yuri's Revenge with Ares.
You could for example specify scripttypes like events and actions and it also read all the [Colors] entries from the rules, so you'd have more than 8 hardcoded colors.

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess I'll make some MO troops manually in game then.

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah one question I put some ore next to an ore maker thing and it makes alot than on other maps MO has. Any ideas why ?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mix protection? You mean corrupted mix body size which XCC code verifies (and FA2 uses) but the game ignores? Okay, you can probably repack the mix files with ccmix then and have normal FA2 read them :p

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No Blade, MO3 is more customized than just that including custom content names and without changing FA directly for ini names and other assets what not, it will  still not work that simply thus why MO team did work on totally revamped FA and now new editor.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you hacked the exe to look for different filenames? Why? Mix files I kind of get it, so you could do a side by side install, but the ini files themselves? Now to create mix files for mapping for MO, you would need to unpack the mix files, change the file names for the various ini files (and whatever else FA2 looks for) back to what they are supposed to be a repack them?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade, there's many more changes than just file names...

/ppm/'s stupidity

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To do a side-by-side install, yes. Mind you that loose inis still override the ones within mixes. You play a mod which has a loose ini (Reloaded IIRC is such), it gets messedup and breaks your folder.

Mental Omega installation is made-for-dummies, not for modders, let's put it that way.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They always build a better dummy though :p Seems like a lot of effort to go through for not much benefit IMO, especially since you get situations like this now, where fans can't create custom maps specifically for the mod.

RP wrote:
Blade, there's many more changes than just file names...

Changes that would matter to FA2?

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends on what you mean with matter.
Most hacks could be carried over to vanilla FA2, yeah.

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I WANT MAH MO UNITS IN FA2 ASAP.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean if someone was to repack the mo mix files without the mix "protection" and rename the ini files and mixes to the standard names, FA2 should in theory be able to make maps with the MO units and such. It might not have any of the additional features that you had hacked in, but it should work in theory and presumably the MO members distribute such a mix internally anyway.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BeigeRage wrote:
Well I WANT MAH MO UNITS IN FA2 ASAP.

If you're asking me to get this done for you, then I have to dissapoint you.
I no longer invest time in FinalOmega, especially if I can invest it in something better like a new editor.

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KK, well anyway I posted this to ask how cause someone was saying RP and idk someone else helped him to place Tech Buildings in FA2... so yeh :/

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
If you get the ingame name of the unit (e.g. TTNK for Tesla Tank), then you can manually specify it IIRC. The editor just won't recognize it, but the game will.

That probably happened like Parasite03 says, manual editing.

/ppm/'s stupidity

BeigeRage
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea how to do that but ok lol.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/ppm/'s stupidity

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since 2014... And still, The new 16 December update was released, I thought the map editor will be available with the new release.

Ellie08
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir. Blade, do you realize that you put the assets of the very mod in danger? Rippers will now most likely use that tool to rip MO's assets!  Surprised (Or am I just overreacting?)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
You can't.

Head over to Mental Omega 3.0 Forums for more support and information.
This specific question is also answered in the FAQ on the website.

So, how did you make it read this file? somebody start a topic on how to make specific "[FS]" MIX file to read, exactly like TI's map editor reads specific MIX file, also MO3.0 map editor reads the 2 or 4 mix files (3.3).

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, It just keeps crashing on startup (That tool), not sure if it's compatible with windows 7 32-bit... But I'm guessing you used that very application, and made a specific batch file for the MO map editor to read the mixes right?

EDIT #1: Or you copied and modified the decryption code from that tool and created a new one... (Meaning you might have to offer a deeper explaination if anyone dares to find out how you really did it through programming Sad)

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Graion Dilach wrote:
The mix protection.

This and some other hacks.
It even included a proof-of-concept DLL like Yuri's Revenge with Ares.
You could for example specify scripttypes like events and actions and it also read all the [Colors] entries from the rules, so you'd have more than 8 hardcoded colors.

Those aren't exactly features that are hard to add.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some issues with ccmix currently it seems when used on RA2/TS mix files which I'm guessing must be an issue with the CRC code it uses.

NucleiSplitter, ccmix just follows the format of the Mix file and reads it like the game does, if "mix protection" doesn't protect it from the game reading the file, you can't expect it to protect it from mix reading tools.

It was  just a happy coincidence that XCC code does too much validation that lets you mess with the header in such a way that the game can read it but XCC can't, seems it lulled modders into a false sense of security.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
BTW, It just keeps crashing on startup (That tool), not sure if it's compatible with windows 7 32-bit... But I'm guessing you used that very application, and made a specific batch file for the MO map editor to read the mixes right?

EDIT #1: Or you copied and modified the decryption code from that tool and created a new one... (Meaning you might have to offer a deeper explaination if anyone dares to find out how you really did it through programming Sad)

Maybe you are right with your 1st line, i read the mental omega 3.3 client ini file, there should be map editor button to click, in the client ini, it launches a batch file called "RunFinalOmega.bat", the sub folder of FO, called "YOUR MO3.3 FOLDER/Map Editor", i have the rulesmo.ini extracted from the MIX, i renamed it rulesmd.ini, i copied Ra2.exe to the mental omega folder too, finally the map editor (FA2) works, but the new objects cannot be shown but exist ingame after that.

Last edited by PussyPus on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, never knew my wild guesses could turn out to be true...

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the key from clientdefinitions.ini:

Code:
MapEditorExePath=Map Editor\FA2ExtRun.bat

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon