Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unusual Silence of PPM forums...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:  Unusual Silence of PPM forums...
Subject description: Everyday, I feel like I'm somehow being watched...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyday, after School, I keep going off to these forums, and I have always noticed, THAT THERE ARE MORE GUESTS THAN REGISTERED PEOPLE!!!  Shocked

So, a rather weird thing it is (Or maybe just to me). So I think that most of the guests here everyday at PPM are robots (Taking all sorts of public assets here for infecting files with viruses and posting it in other sites)

And maybe the person who keeps watching my forum activity would be
Administrator (Supreme) Banshee [Acting as a Guest?]  Laughing  or the CIA!!  Shocked

Although, which do you guys think is more likely?  Confused

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree. This place is being a way too silent.

I'm still active and still checking the forums, but I'm not posting as many news as I desire because I'm having some serious problems with deadline with my doctorate.

But it's natural that most visitors usually don't post.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The last 2 years there were so many posts everyday i check for posts after i finish a school day (finally 1 year left), even in 2015 before you join here.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I check PPM multiple times every day, but I generally don't post because this site simply does not remember login information for me anymore, and it's a PITA logging in every single time

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe we are all just busy doing things in life, like work, school, and other activities. But I'm not sure about the guests, I still have a feeling that most of them are robots, MOST OF THEM Confused

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Maybe we are all just busy doing things in life, like work, school, and other activities. But I'm not sure about the guests, I still have a feeling that most of them are robots, MOST OF THEM Confused

I think we should use AI once we reach to 2030 (if this site survived to that year).

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah, we'll all be hit by CABAL's EMP-Cannon (frying the internet's servers and killing all data on it) and get turned to cyborgs!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's all my fault, I've been too busy to inspire controversy... soorrry y'all.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's alright, we can't really blame you with how quiet it's been recently, and how bored we all became as result
It's not like any of us got anything better to do these days, eh Banshee?
Oh, I have an idea: let's flame each other over our different political, ethical, etc. opinions! It'll be fun!
I'll start: TRUMP-NATION FTW!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
It's not like any of us got anything better to do these days, eh Banshee?

I don't get your logic here.

TAK02 wrote:
Oh, I have an idea: let's flame each other over our different political, ethical, etc. opinions! It'll be fun!
I'll start: TRUMP-NATION FTW!

Please, no. Quantity is not quality. Always remember that Wink.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I'm having some serious problems with deadline with my doctorate

Good luck with that BTW
EDIT: Did I just get a wink?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tip: Visit any topic here without going to the index for your first visit to avoid login loss.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, never knew that. Interesting
Hey Banshee! Fix this site, would ya? #Tongue

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I am on mobile, so Google Chrome does the work for me everytime I click on login, but are you talking about when I log in then arrive at the Index the log in, yeah, I've always found that Ztyping Annoying!! (Going to login 2x  #Mad )

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Well, I am on mobile, so Google Chrome does the work for me everytime I click on login, but are you talking about when I log in then arrive at the Index the log in, yeah, I've always found that Ztyping Annoying!! (Going to login 2x  #Mad )

Oh, Did i said that?, for example if you logged in and then left from the site & then arrived, don't arrive by going to the site index, arrive by going to ppmforums.com/(topic id) (Topic).

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even I didn't modding anymore (I still want to but I dont think i can make total conversion mod entirely like before except some one want to help me code it.) but I still visit PPM very day, and some how PPM not save my login but since I don't have many thing to post here I just read forum as Guest and login only when I want to reply something.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
Tip: Visit any topic here without going to the index for your first visit to avoid login loss.

This is a browser caching problem that happens with those who visited the forums before the SSL change. If you are still having that problem, clean your browser cache related to the ppmforums.com domain or use the private browsing mode. For those who visited PPM after the change, the problem is solved. There is nothing that I can do in my end.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always go to my WIP topic before visiting the index to avoid this problem.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, personally I also have real life obligations such as finishing damn university (I started it back in 2007). Two exams left and one month practice. For two days I have exam, so I am decently busy. Aside from that, I try to visit PPM daily at least once or twice. Not posting much, as can be seen, post or two in months, but hey, I just wrote two posts, this one is third. I will try to post more if I can. But as Banshee pointed out, quantity is not quality.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
I check PPM multiple times every day, but I generally don't post because this site simply does not remember login information for me anymore, and it's a PITA logging in every single time

Precisely this. I'd post more if the site worked.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The site works, including the cookie copying code for both forums and site. But frequent visitors might have had traumas caused by the transition of the SSL implementation. In this case, it is recommended to delete your PPM cookies (for both ppmforums.com and ppmsite.com domains) and login again.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It remembers my login on ppmsite.com and if I come from ppmsite to the forum, I'll be logged in.

but if I go directly to the forums, I'll be logged out.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sleepinggoodpersonality.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39 KB
 Viewed:  4768 Time(s)

sleepinggoodpersonality.jpg

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
It remembers my login on ppmsite.com and if I come from ppmsite to the forum, I'll be logged in.

but if I go directly to the forums, I'll be logged out.

Same. I don't really see the utility in being logged on ppmsite, TBH.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, guys... let me guess: those who have this problem are using ptifo as forum theme, right?

I've just fixed a stupid bug in the overall footer section of the template there #Tongue.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Ok, guys... let me guess: those who have this problem are using ptifo as forum theme, right?

I've just fixed a stupid bug in the overall footer section of the template there #Tongue.

Nope. I use subsilver, tried with ptifo, same thing.

Browser: the latest Firefox (52.0.2).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And confirm me one thing: what is the full address that shows up in your Firefox address bar when you access the forum and when you access the PPM's front page? (I need to confirm if it has https and if you have www. on it, among other details)

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

I am using the cold theme.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, you are using http://ppmforums.com (without the s from https)? That's the reason why things are not working for you. You should browse https://ppmforums.com instead and, for some caching problem beyond my control, your browser is not redirecting you to https://ppmforums.com (if you delete all your cache in your browser, it will work correctly).

TAK02 wrote:
Fix this site, would ya?

Deformat wrote:
I'd post more if the site worked.

The site works. Your browser is the one failing here (ignoring site orders due to bad cache). But considering this situation, I've made the cookie synchronization code more flexible from now on.

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's excellent, I changed my link to https and it's seems to be okay now.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either way, back to the original topic a bit.

There's no point in trying to be active here anymore when a bowl of rice is brighter than the recently most active people combined in terms of intelligence. And I feel I offend the rice.

Seriously, we've got idiots (PussyPus, NucleiSplitter), leecher idiots (TAK02, deathretard), G-E (who's an Einstein compared to everyone so far listed, but still stuck in 2004)... would one really wonder why this place is so dead?

Quantity was always above quality when it came to PPM, with only intelligent and respectable people getting booted all the time when they end up being fed up with the mass army of idiots.

This is where it led to and I honestly don't understand why Banshee has a problem with that. Asin, he aimed for this, so he should be proud that his efforts finally grew the fruit...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, yea and we've got the smartass blind creature too Hypocrisy Alert! Please, STOP!!

The forum is populated by humans. What are you expecting? If you are expecting a meeting of noble prize people discussing modding, I'm afraid you are really at the wrong place. The chances of attracting those with Turing or Fields awards (since Nobel doesn't awards computer science and maths) are minimal, probably because most of them doesn't give a damn about modding RTS games.

Really, you should lower your expectations about any public forum in the web... and also learn for once and for all that humans are able to learn things and get smarter as soon as they are willing to learn something new. People who may look like idiot today might be our heroes in the future, if they get a friendly environment that help them to get better. And your words certainly do not contribute for it.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
leecher idiots (TAK02, deathretard) [...]

Could you state WHY I'm a leech? Also: I feel offended by the idiot comment. I'm still a newbie and willing to learn and create what I can, so how does that make me an idiot? If my knowledge and abilities are limited ATM, please don't blame me

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02 and the others mentioned by Graion Dilach's post: you should ignore him instead of caring for what he said. He doesn't know you at all. He is only judging your attitudes based on a biased sample of few posts that may have irritated him at some point.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Seriously, we've got idiots (PussyPus, NucleiSplitter), leecher idiots (TAK02, deathretard), G-E (who's an Einstein compared to everyone so far listed, but still stuck in 2004)... would one really wonder why this place is so dead?

NucleiSplitter will be so angry if he knew everything, the worst shot ever by Graion.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My Reply to PussyPus: nah, I won't get mad, I've just recently got back to modding RA2, and yes, I am an idiot by means of asking too much support, and focusing on graphics appeal on my mod than getting used to figure out what's wrong in my .ini files, but I am NOT an idiot in real life.

My Reaction to Graion Dilach: I joined the community to learn! You can't expect everyone who joins this community to be an experienced at things most long time people here do!

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alrighty, thanks Banshee, now the forum is way more visit-able. Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I'm glad you like it. I've noticed that, with this change, the last visitors stats in the index related to registered users were suddenly boosted  Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [39 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon