Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[Infantry SHP]Finished Infantries ...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:  [Infantry SHP]Finished Infantries ...
Subject description: More to come in the future...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Female cybernetic soldier (Nieve). Does not contain Paradrop anim and Crawl anim. Since this is my very first SHP work, Would appreciate any kind of feedback. The cameo is meh so I suggest making a new one rather than that. (Obviously I don't focus much on cameos.)

-----

Nieve.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Nieve.rar
 Filesize:  129.53 KB
 Downloaded:  675 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For your first infantry really good.

for the cameo a bigger render of the unit would be useful (with plain colored background), best in a similar shape/perspective as other cameos.
Then people can photoshop it with a bit more detail, so when it's then scaled down to tiny cameo size it has a nice amount of detail.

There are several things that could be improved though
-textures: they all look rather matte without any glossiness and different material settings. like everything being plain colored plastic
Also hard to see the details and a bit confusing the way it is textured. e.g. Why are those big solid things on the back (that fall off during death anim) only red on the side? When facing NE, those are completely black and not red anymore?
It gives the impression as if the lighting is wrong, like the red being in shadow and thus completely black when facing NE.

the blades could use a better color with some soft gradient, especially during the firing anim the plain color looks bad and a gradient would give it a lot more detail.

Also avoid those very dark black colors and use some more dark grey ones. Otherwise In small ingame size it can turn very fast into a plain black silhouette without any details visible.

-animations: they are nice, but you should have each anim for all facings. Idle and death anims for only a single facing is bad as the unit then jumps ingame from one facing to another. The game can handle idle and death frames for each facing, only WW was lazy to make them. So you shouldn't follow their example in this case Wink

Some more anims like a walk anim for all the prone frames would be nice. So default it uses the flying anim for fast movement and when under fire it walks on ground with the slower speed.

-colors: during SHP conversion several areas got wrong colored, like red areas not using remap (16-31) but plain red like color 7 and 8.
the blades could also use glowing colors like 251 to 253 to give them a nice effect on dark maps.
for SHP conversion it's helpful to create a new palette which has bad unwanted colors removed (changed into green or purple), so SHP Builder can't mix them up with other similar colors (e.g. change all reds in the palette, to make sure all red is remap. or keep only the blue colors 251-253 and remove all other blues, to have the blades in the glowing colors)

-shape: a tiny bit more detail like some more round areas would be nice, as round shapes give better light reflections. e.g. the lower leg
Also some feet would be nice, even if it's flying. It looks like it has only the red lower legs with feet missing.

With a tiny bit more work on it, i think it could be an excellent new asset.
Right now i would rate it about 6 or 7 of 10.

\edit
topic moved to SHP forum

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a needle-leg cyborg, it doesn't need feet. It looks like it's inspired by gia's designs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Reji
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use blender, with that cnc_template that I got from somewhere (I can't remember). The lamps are in it's default positions, can't get them to be in the perfect positions with good lightnings. I didn't use textures cause in the conversion process the whole thing will look blurred and messed up since the conversion process kills lots of details. I didn't give the unit legs cause it should be a hovering needle-legs unit that can't walk, and under fire shouldn't lower certain units speed forcing them to walk/crawl/struggle, In this unit's case walking would make it weird. The blades had no gradient cause I wasn't all that sure about it. I'll try to avoid too dark colors. I don't have any knowledge about OS SHP Builder, I just replaced the whole frames with another unit.

---

Self imagined, never heard of Gia designs until now. But now that you've said it, it does resemble in someways lol

---

Note: The light in her back was actually for booster that would ignite (Which was never used since I had issues with making ignition animation, mainly I don't know how.) Now it's just left as a small design giving a dark butterfly like look from the back view.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this would be nice for an anaime-based mod... too bad RA3 already did that and took that public #Tongue

But it does look like a lot of work went into it.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs a tiny bit of polish in the coloring but it's neat looking.

Steam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyber lord

Cyber Lord M.T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Projects for Vxl Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have New Vxl for gtnk,htnk and some new comeo
#evil [/youtube]

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The foreground of your cameo is really cartoonish, i did better shading for it.

nieveicon.png
 Description:
Nieve icon.
 Filesize:  7.49 KB
 Viewed:  15272 Time(s)

nieveicon.png

nieveicon_prev.png
 Description:
Nieve preview icon.
 Filesize:  7.6 KB
 Viewed:  15272 Time(s)

nieveicon_prev.png

insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good job

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!