Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
how to helicopter heliport?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:  how to helicopter heliport? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been trying to make my helicopter land on a heliport but to  no avail.
Here's my codes. Anyone know how?

; Apache Longbow
[APCHE]
UIName=NOSTR:Apache
Name=Soviet Siege Chopper
;Image=APCHE
Prerequisite=HELIPORT
Primary=HellMissile
Secondary=30mmAutoCannFir
Strength=300
Category=AirPower
JumpJet=yes
Armor=light
TechLevel=7
Sight=7
Speed=12
PitchSpeed=1.1
JumpjetSpeed=30 ;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top)
JumpjetClimb=10
JumpjetCrash=40 ; Climb, but down
JumpJetAccel=12
JumpJetTurnRate=6
JumpjetHeight=500
JumpjetWobbles=.01
JumpjetDeviation=1
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
RequiredHouses=Americans
Cost=2000
Soylent=1400
Points=15
ROT=5
Crewed=no
ConsideredAircraft=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=3
VoiceSelect=BlackOpsSelect
VoiceMove=BlackOpsMove
VoiceAttack=BlackOpsAttackCommand
VoiceCrashing=BlackOpsVoiceDie
DieSound=
CrashingSound=BlackOpsDie
ImpactLandSound=GenAircraftCrash
;Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;flying
Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5} ;jumpjet
MovementZone=Fly
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
;AuxSound1=BlackOpsTakeOff ;Taking off
;AuxSound2=BlackOpsLanding ;Landing
ThreatPosed=0
SpecialThreatValue=1
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Size=15
SizeLimit=2
HoverAttack=yes
OmniFire=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Crashable=yes
;CanPassiveAquire=no ; Won't try to pick up own targets
SpeedType=Hover
MoveSound=SeigeChopperMoveLoop
EnterTransportSound=EnterTransport
LeaveTransportSound=ExitTransport
PreventAttackMove=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
Trainable=yes
Bunkerable=no; Units default to yes, others default to no
IsSelectableCombatant=yes ; TR
Dock=HELIPORT
AirportBound=no

; airforce command
[HELIPORT]
UIName=NOSTR:Heliport
Name=Allied Airforce Command Headquarters
BuildCat=Tech
Image=CIVHELIPAD
Prerequisite=GAREFN,GACNST
Strength=600
Armor=steel
Adjacent=2
TechLevel=3
Sight=5
UnitReload=yes
;UnitRepair=yes;gs this is part of reloading + being an aircraft (Repair code is oogly, only Reload got rewritten for four ports.)
Helipad=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AIBasePlanningSide=0 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=1000
Points=70
Power=-50
Capturable=true
Crewed=yes
Factory=AircraftType
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM
MaxDebris=8
MinDebris=4
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=75, 270, 140
AIBuildThis=yes
NumberOfDocks=1
HasStupidGuardMode=false
Radar=no
Spyable=yes
ImmuneToPsionics=no ; defaults to yes for buildings, no for others

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have the APCHE listed as an AircraftType? Only AircraftTypes can land on on heliports.
That, and AircraftTypes do NOT have JumJet=yes. Not only don't the flags work, but the Aircraft MIGHT behave... wierd.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the heliport a dock option? (Can't help you out much right now, I'm travelling)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: how to helicopter heliport? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Is the heliport a dock option? (Can't help you out much right now, I'm travelling)
lionRA2forums wrote:

Code:

[APCHE]
Dock=HELIPORT
[HELIPORT]
NumberOfDocks=1

Read it right, maroon! #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You missed the point! Check EVERYTHING in the rulesmd.ini!! Keep searching GAAIRC, it was tagged in something, just search GAAIRC and make sure that the Apache is a Dockable Aircraft, and for that dockable aircraft, keep searching ORCA or BEAG, it should also appear near that tag needed for dock-buildings  Confused ,as I said, I'm travelling right now and I can't help much because I'm not near my computer, AND THOSE TAGS ARE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR THOSE OPTIONS!!! ( [APCHE] & It's dock)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't see what's wong with the pad. It's pretty much a full copy of GAAIRC (you might wanna add Powered=yes tho, for the 'low- power-shutdown' cosmetic).
So far, the only probs I can spot right now are the ,presumably, AircraftType using the JumpJet locomotor and having JumpJet=yes.
It's either that, or it's, also, because [APCHE] is defined as a VehicleType in the list (tho I doubt it)
EDIT: It'd help if you'd describe EXACTLY what you did to try to get the chopper to land, and, most importantly, how it behaves during those tries (maybe telling us where the chopper gets spawned and what it does immideatly afterwards as well)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As TAK02 has pointed out the unit code is for a jumpjet vehicle which is built at a war factory. If you want it to be built and land at an the airfield/heliport then you need to change the code to an aircraft type. Look for the [ORCA] section and use that code instead as a base for your new helicopter.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I see you're using Ares' NOSTR: feature, BuiltAt= is an option I'd consider. Something like:

[APCHE]
BuiltAt=HELIPORT

[HELIPORT]
Factory=VehicleType
Factory.ExplicitOnly=yes    ; tells the game to only use this factory to produce units that name it with BuiltAt=
;WeaponsFactory=yes    ; not having this should make the heli stay where it spawns on the pad.

This is if you can't have it become an AircraftType anyway.

EDIT: Of course you would have to make the helipad either Passable=yes, a bib, or add the same passable spaces code that refinery and warfactory have (I forget the name).

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so I was trying to do this while the Apache being a vehicle type. Don't know if there''s a way to prevent all vehicles but the Apache from using it while still being a vehicle type.

Anyways, I turned it now into an aircraft type and stumbled in some problems:

1. Apache's primary weapon sound is a bit different.

2. Apache doesn't spawn in the center of the heliport instead at the bottom corner (thought DockingOffset0= is what controlled it but seems to have no effect).

Btw the Apache is added to ;PadAircraft=

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'd need the 'pad's art code to find the prob

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By any chance someone has the codes for this heliport?

http://i.imgur.com/CfUqkuq.jpg

heliport art code here:

[CIVHELIPAD]
Remapable=yes
Cameo=HELIICON
Foundation=4x4
Height=1
Flat=yes
Buildup=CGPADMK
Image=CAPAD
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
DockingOffset0=0,0,50
ActiveAnim=CGPAD_A
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-32
ActiveAnimYSort=362
ActiveAnimTwo=CGPAD_B
ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=0
ActiveAnimTwoYSort=362

; Active animation for airforce command.
[CGPAD_A]
;Image=CGPAD_A
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=27
LoopCount=-1
Rate=200
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
;DetailLevel=1
Shadow=no

; Active animation for airforce command.
[CGPAD_B]
;Image=CGPAD_B
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=200
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
;DetailLevel=1
Shadow=yes

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem is with DockingOffset. It takes values X,Y,Z. X and Y are both on the ground, while Z moves the dock 'up 'n down'. I'm guessing the game has trouble with putting a new Aircraft in the 'air' when first built. Try to leave Z at 0, while adjusting the X and Y accordingly. I'll jump the gun and say you need
Code:
DockingOffset0=25,25,0
Do note this is measured in leptons (1/256 of a cell), hope that makes it easier.

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the pointers, the chopper is in the middle now (DockingOffset0=-300,-300,0) except...it's inside the heliport.

http://i.imgur.com/OAUcKN9.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is where the Z comes in (set it to a REALLY low number). However, there's another way to do this, but I don't know how.

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
This is where the Z comes in (set it to a REALLY low number). However, there's another way to do this, but I don't know how.

Isn't Z at the end? x,y,z. It's at 0, how much lower can it get....

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Low number should be between 1-10. I wouldn't recommend using Z at all tho, as the problem of the aircraft not being visible when first built remains. But currently I'm out of ideas.
Try setting Layer=ground for CIVHELIPAD and testing that first.
If it doesn't work, you'll have to post the files the 'pad uses here, because I won't be able to tell the problem otherwise

lionRA2forums
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pad I downloaded from RA2 shp/voxel website.

capad.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  capad.zip
 Filesize:  103.08 KB
 Downloaded:  13 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon