Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Yuri Statue Head Replacement [RA2/YR]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:  Yuri Statue Head Replacement [RA2/YR] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This statue head replaces the ugly (af) voxel turret head of the Yuri Statue from the Easter Island mission. And it even has remap, shadow and damage frames! I don't have code, but I hope someone capable would post it here. I won't be releasing the .blend just yet, but will in the future. Smile

The head is based on this concept art:

Yuri_statue01_shp.zip
 Description:
.SHP files

Download
 Filename:  Yuri_statue01_shp.zip
 Filesize:  271.33 KB
 Downloaded:  314 Time(s)

Yuri_statue01_png.zip
 Description:
.PNG source

Download
 Filename:  Yuri_statue01_png.zip
 Filesize:  958.48 KB
 Downloaded:  213 Time(s)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is awesome! Amazing.
But I have problem

Can someone show me proper coding please?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you change the TurretAnimZAdjust value? It needs to be quite low (the -150 the statue has by default should work) for the turret to render above the main structure art. You also need to get rid of whatever values it had for TurretAnimX/Y, as the new SHP turret is positioned correctly in the art itself.

Turret's art code also should have Layer=ground.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku, yeah, TurretAnimZAdjust=150 should work

Head could be little higher, TurretAnimZAdjust=-140 fits little better, but yeah. Thanks for tip

PPM Halloween Season 2021

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it needs a little resizing, but it is amazing otherwise. Great work, DonutArnold!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've resized the Head to be more in scale to the original Voxel and aligned it as close as possible to how it looked in the old version.

On the codes it should be something like this:

Code:

;; Rules ;;

;;AnimList;;
XXX=CAHEAD
XXX=CAHEADDM

;;Building;;
Turret=yes
TurretAnim=CAHEAD
TurretAnimDamaged=CAHEADDM
TurretAnimIsVoxel=False
TurretAnimX=0
TurretAnimY=0 ;-45
TurretAnimZAdjust=-150

;; Art ;;
[CAHEAD]
Start=0
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=31
LoopCount=-1
Layer=ground
Shadow=yes

[CAHEADDM]
Start=0
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=31
LoopCount=-1
Layer=ground
Shadow=yes

PrimaryFireFLH=110,80,600 ;Rough Guess from my tests

The Weapon needs to have Burst=2 as well since it originally only was a single shot. The Laser itself will still get rendered underneath from my experiments when its firing in any directions on the lower areas.

yaeast_da_prev.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.47 KB
 Viewed:  10889 Time(s)

yaeast_da_prev.png

Yuri Bust.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Yuri Bust.rar
 Filesize:  294.48 KB
 Downloaded:  304 Time(s)

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had never expected to see this statue in a nice quality.

But you actually did it!

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Atomic_noodles: How much did you resize it down? Also, thanks for providing code. Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's one sweet cranial monstrosity.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shrank the Original one on the canvas with Height by 10% and Width by 20%

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I do see that the remap alignment got messed up if you were to look upon it closely. But it's barely noticable, maybe some parts of it might end up looking weird in someone else's eye, Sir. Donut, why not resize it using blender? Unless if you know that it would end up with the same result with slightly messed up remap alignments, but overall. I'd take Atomic's version of it (It just needs to be the same color as the Bust's Shoulders!  Sad )

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will soon upload this:

yuri_statue01_01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.96 KB
 Viewed:  10759 Time(s)

yuri_statue01_01.png

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*speaking in a cracky voice* Perfect!  Very Happy

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NOW I'm scared (more of mr. Donuts than Yuri's explosive mind)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
zlixine_lazytologin

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you up to make a buildup?

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Easter Island Statue (Yuri Bust) is a Tech Defense, not a buildable defense structure...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remeber there being a buildable version of it that had a different base. It shouldn't take you long to replace the original turret with this one

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Will soon upload this:

4 years later...

PS: Sorry, but I wtill want the updated version #Tongue

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now the body of it looks too pink...

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!