Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
secondwtq's "legacy" assets
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:  secondwtq's "legacy" assets
Subject description: (and other stuffs
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I encountered several old models while going through old archives. Personally, I tag myself as an 'evangelist' of Open Access and Freedom of Information. So I've decided to clean them up and upload them.

There are tons of flaws and defects within, and no SHP/W3X is available because I did most of them for fun and hate the process of converting and post-processing (and you'd have to make buildup, damaged, arctic and even destroyed frames etc.). Thus I'm well aware that they can be little use to any mod, it's mainly for reference and educational purposes. I'll be glad if what I post here could be helpful to anyone.

(Random new stuffs would also go to this thread, if there is any)

superepicgecko
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: secondwtq's "legacy" assets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secondwtq wrote:
I encountered several old models while going through old archives. Personally, I tag myself as an 'evangelist' of Open Access and Freedom of Information. So I've decided to clean them up and upload them.

There are tons of flaws and defects within, and no SHP/W3X is available because I did most of them for fun and hate the process of converting and post-processing (and you'd have to make buildup, damaged, arctic and even destroyed frames etc.). Thus I'm well aware that they can be little use to any mod, it's mainly for reference and educational purposes. I'll be glad if what I post here could be helpful to anyone.

(Random new stuffs would also go to this thread, if there is any)

I very well might find it useful, would you post it?

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: secondwtq's "legacy" assets Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

superepicgecko wrote:

I very well might find it useful, would you post it?

My apologies. It takes some time to sort out cuz I keep using new techniques on each one.

Since it's on PPM, the first one would be:

#0 BANSHEE!

Basically made for C&C 3, but also looks acceptable at a distance. Features unified hull, beautiful curves, mystical technology from the Tacitus, as well as your loyalty and faith to our Prophet!

For the release, the first package consists of:
* Different formats of the low poly model with UVs (Wavefront OBJ and Autodesk FBX 2013 (ASCII)).
* TGAs for diffuse and normal map (in 1K resolution, though I can't say too much about the Y axis of it since it varies with every single application and engine, I swear I'll never use normal maps in my models afterwards ...).

Get the second package if you are interested in how the diffuse map is made, it's a PSD file with all necessary layers inside. I have to use 7z for it since it's as large as 138 MiB.

URLs:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKRTBZdG10YUFUeUU/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKODdUcGpWeXcwUW8/view?usp=sharing

It dates back to Feb 2014 I think. At that time I am just barely able to do simple lowpoly work and make fair textures for these SAGE games, and I don't know how to shade things.

So there are only diffuse and normal maps, no specular/metallic/roughness, messed up mesh and normals, over-saturated and super clean Nod flag, completely f**ked up bottom side. The windows would have fancy reflections in C&C3, and I just don't know how to put two scorpions on both side of it properly blablah

BUT I really miss the efficiency as well as amount of free time then, with which I could get all these done in several days ...

Questions, comments and suggestions are certainly welcomed, however I'm afraid I've got no time to fix anything and I really hate reworking Very Happy

Edit: The Model package now contains several W3Xes for C&C3.

0_banshee_preview.png
 Description:
Banshee preview.
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  2759 Time(s)

0_banshee_preview.png

Last edited by secondwtq on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:33 am; edited 2 times in total

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my god thats sexy. gonna have to dust of my copy of C&C 3 after seeing stuff like this.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

malius123 wrote:
my god thats sexy. gonna have to dust of my copy of C&C 3 after seeing stuff like this.

Thanks!

Next:

#1: Nod SAM Site (Tiberian Sun)

Constructed approximately at the same time as the Banshee, thus they are technically identical (though the SAM looks a bit more broken in the specular channel).

Same as the Banshee, the Model package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKQ3ZsU2oyZXBvMFU/view?usp=sharing
And the PSD package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKeTBsaVg3VkpxNEU/view?usp=sharing

Edit: The Model package now contains several W3Xes for C&C3.

1_sam_preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB
 Viewed:  2630 Time(s)

1_sam_preview.png

Last edited by secondwtq on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like very nice work!

Unfortunately it seems that neither model has UV's when I open the .obj in 3D Max 9, I guess it is just too old!

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:

Unfortunately it seems that neither model has UV's when I open the .obj in 3D Max 9, I guess it is just too old!

Hi! I don't have MAX 9 but I checked with MAX 8 and blender, they seem okay. The .obj is a fairly plain and old format (you can even write one in bare hand), it shall not cause any problem.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secondwtq wrote:
Madin wrote:

Hi! I don't have MAX 9 but I checked with MAX 8 and blender, they seem okay. The .obj is a fairly plain and old format (you can even write one in bare hand), it shall not cause any problem.

OK, it works on Max 8, but not Max 9.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:

Actually I just found a PC with Max 9 and it does work. Did you check the "Texture coordinates" while importing?

Anyway, it seems the options for old Max is pretty limited. UV doesn't work for FBX 2006, Collada and Alembic is not supported. But I've found the W3Xes for testing stuff (I think I'd even find the XML if I dig further).

Well I think the ultimate solution is just import in Max 8/9 then save it. I've just uploaded them and updated the links.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secondwtq wrote:
Madin wrote:

Actually I just found a PC with Max 9 and it does work. Did you check the "Texture coordinates" while importing?

I thought that it would be checked by default!

My mistake, sorry!
Rolling Eyes

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:

I thought that it would be checked by default!

My mistake, sorry!
Rolling Eyes

Case closed Razz

#2: Hover MLRS

My first attempt to create a new upgrade in C&C3. I get an upgrade called "Auxiliary Armor" (or something like it) for him, and made some "plastic" (looks like) armor plate, which I think, at least, better than nothing Laughing. The normal map is, again, messed up.
As always, could have been better, but it's what you see now for various reasons.

Model Package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKeF9TdzVQa2lBZ2M/view?usp=sharing
PSD Package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKxE3Ns1GTKLVdQTEVkVFhaNTQ/view?usp=sharing

2_mlrs_preview.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.12 MB
 Viewed:  2499 Time(s)

2_mlrs_preview.png

together.png
 Description:
As you can see their missile battery are empty so they cannot attack ...
 Filesize:  3.45 MB
 Viewed:  2499 Time(s)

together.png

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aww man if only i had those texturing skills

(or should i say  the patience while performing the seaming,unwrapping then making all the various color maps like specular, and noise, then after all that node trees.)

the hover mlrs looks greatover all but in the second picture,

did you use some form of cell shading style shader's for the render?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon