Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Starcraft for free
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:  Starcraft for free Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(How come I keep asking stupid questions) Does the installer need Wi-Fi connection to download the game or is it compressed?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, a cable internet connection surely works too. #Tongue
Setup exe is only 3.2MB, so very unlikely that it contains the whole game.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, considering it's 1.6 GB, which is quite large, as RA2+YR don't even make it to 1 GB, I think it needs a steady connection.
Although, it might be the music+movie files that are bigger than the game (like in MO 3.1)
EDIT: Will Blizzard even say anything if their SHPs are used for other games? 'Cause if not, then we should be having a bunch of SC-mods for TS and RA2 popping up
EDIT2: StarCraft's files need an extractor that isn't XCC. Does anyone have something?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There have been significant changes to the engine/backend in the new patch due to them axing obsolete DirectDraw in favour of OpenGL. Apparently the old indexed image format has been replaced by compressed DDS textures and from what I've gathered the container format is different as well - changing from the old MPQ to CASC used by modern Blizzard games. There might or might not be any proper modding tools for it yet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Well, considering it's 1.6 GB, which is quite large, as RA2+YR don't even make it to 1 GB, I think it needs a steady connection.
Although, it might be the music+movie files that are bigger than the game (like in MO 3.1)
EDIT: Will Blizzard even say anything if their SHPs are used for other games? 'Cause if not, then we should be having a bunch of SC-mods for TS and RA2 popping up
EDIT2: StarCraft's files need an extractor that isn't XCC. Does anyone have something?

My RA2 + YR folder is 2 GB most of that is music and FMV's though and the same can probably be said for SC1.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How you know a game is good: OSTs & FMVs are heavier than the rest of the game (*Type art included)!

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum