Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
"Arcadia" Skycruiser
Moderators: freedom fighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:  "Arcadia" Skycruiser
Subject description: Tier 3 anti-air/gunship/ultimate unit
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Victory is inevitable."

Weapons: Flak Battery, x3 Rocket Mortar Array, x4 Artillery Guns
Armor: Heavy
Speed: Very Slow
Cost: $3000
Purpose: Anti-Air, Siege, Repair
Requires: Motorpool, Beast Lab

The Arcadia is the most ambitious weapon ever built by the Guardians' few remaining mechanists. It was commissioned by Lord Copex himself, who stressed for a need of a deterrence against possible Scrin attacks as they were practically outmatched in terms of air power. This however meant having to lay off every other weapon projects in other to pool all resources into building it. The technophobic majority saw this as a wasteful futile attempt to put one's trust into the very machines that were in the progress of wiping out humanity and that Copex was just desperate to wage his personal war with supposed invaders. While it appears as an archaic airship, you'd be surprised to find that most of the materials used to build it were salvaged from downed spacecraft. Even bits of the GDI space station GDSS Philadelphia can be found around it. This makes it extremely heavily armored, enabling it to fly within the Sanctuaries' hostile climate and withstand immense amounts of damage. As it primarily functions as an airborne anti-air platform, it is armed with a battery of flak cannons that can quickly down most aircraft in a torrent of shrapnel with ease. Small fightercraft barely stand a chance while bigger, heavier aircraft, though more resistant, will eventually succumb to the unrelenting barrage. Since the Guardians do not have any reliable artillery to effectively takedown structures and well dug-in positions, it also functions as a bombardment craft. A battery of artillery guns and rocket mortars beneath it can unleash immense firepower upon most ground targets, only hampered by their inaccuracy and lack of range. To further strengthen the Guardians' limited airforce, it can act as a staging ground for friendly aircraft, providing logistical support to them and keeping them in top condition.

Notes:
-This unit is exclusive to the Sanctuary Guardians subfaction
-Heals/repairs air units within an area around it
-Uses both rocket mortars and artillery guns against all ground targets
-Self repairs
-Build limit of 1
-Immune to Firestorm

acad_000.gif
 Description:
3d view
 Filesize:  3.47 MB
 Viewed:  1713 Time(s)

acad_000.gif

Last edited by freedom fighter on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 am; edited 6 times in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O_O That's HUGE!
(should've compared its size with Kirov in the pic, tho)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I originally intended it to be about the same size but then I got a bit overboard... Its meant to counter Scrin warships after all #Tongue

compare.png
 Description:
bigger is better they say
 Filesize:  141.65 KB
 Viewed:  1673 Time(s)

compare.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm impressed. I can I have one for $2k? #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated voxel and a few stats change.

Originally a Kirov-style bomber, I've reworked the Arcadia into a ranged bombardment airship. Replacing it's seismic bombs are three rocket mortar arrays similar to the Sandstorm's and two pairs of artillery guns. These weapons are both used against all ground targets. The rocket mortars are damaging against vehicles but has a rather tight spread while the artillery guns are devastating against large buildings and groups of light units such as infantry but is grossly inaccurate.

Keep in mind that the Arcadia is primarily the Guardian's tier 3 anti-air and all of it's anti-ground weapons are best used for fire support. It can't outrange anti-air defenses and it's weapons are generally inaccurate. As such it will struggle to destroy single units and small structures.

Here's a pic showing it firing off it's artillery guns:

And a closer look at the new weapon systems:

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon