:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sat May 27, 2017 6:21 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
TI: 0.6 Bug Tracker
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:   TI: 0.6 Bug Tracker
Subject description: Report bugs in this thread to help us keep on top of them.

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs to squish. You take one down and patch it around, 127 bugs in the code.

For version 0.6 up to 0.7, please report game bugs in this thread to help us keep on top of them all and fix them when and where we can. I'll start listing them at the top of this thread and start removing them as they're fixed. Some will take higher priority than others, please remember to post Internal Errors and Reconection Errors in the correct thread.

If an issue is listed in Green, it has been fixed and will be included in the next patch or update.

Known Issues currently being fixed:

- In singleplayer missions, visceroids sometimes require forcefire
(Only prominent in GDI Missions at the moment, this will be fixed)

- GDI Tech Center animations have overlapping issues
(This will be fixed in due time, requires a lot of trial and error)

- GloboTech Airstrip graphics have overlapping issues
(Airstrip will be getting better imagery soon)

- Units automatically target capturable defensive turrets
(A result of units being able to auto-fire upon hostile neutral units, will look for a workaround)

- Sometimes the Gunboat Doesn't reload in TD Nod Mission 05: Warthog Hunt
(This doesn't happen all the time, but were working on a solution)

- Infantry spawning from the Hall of Faith sometimes don't spawn
(Looking into this problem and will fix it when we can)

Twisted Insurrection [Version 0.6]
Twisted Insurrection OST [Vol. 6]
Twisted Insurrection: Gallery

Tiberian Sun Client (Includes UMP)

Last edited by Aro on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 pm; edited 5 times in total

redfox34
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the issue with the Nod Gunboat not receiving ammo on TD 05 fixed?  I didn't see in the changelog or here.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I've added it to the list and will look at it.

Damfoos
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- In GDI 07: Deep Blue hijacking the Prototype wih a Machinist from captured Nod barracks fails you the mission, despite it remains "in good hands", in fact. A funny fact: you can even steal the prototype from Nod base using Carryall and drop it somewhere, I wonder what will happen if you will drop it in a god forsaken place, then capture the TC so the Dropship will arrive to pick it up. Will the Prototype try to get into the Dropship driving across the entire map? Very Happy

- In Nod 08 you can lose all the Machinists so you won't be able to capture the TC anymore, but will continue to receive the related objective. Either the mission should fail aftert this, or the objectives should change. Something like:
"INFERNO PILOT: Damn, they couldn't make it. Well, let's see if we can wipe out that base by ourselves"

Vulture
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damfoos wrote:
- In GDI 07: Deep Blue hijacking the Prototype wih a Machinist from captured Nod barracks fails you the mission, despite it remains "in good hands", in fact. A funny fact: you can even steal the prototype from Nod base using Carryall and drop it somewhere, I wonder what will happen if you will drop it in a god forsaken place, then capture the TC so the Dropship will arrive to pick it up. Will the Prototype try to get into the Dropship driving across the entire map? Very Happy

I reported the bug when you hijack the Prototype more than two years ago...
Funny it still exists.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDI 07: I'll fix the Machinist and Carryall issue. It always amuses me that people are able to find these things.

Nod 08: You don't fail because there's a barracks that can be discovered by the northern team, where you're able to train Machinists.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you coulda give the player a hint ingame if all initial Machinists are lost.

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, that could work.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the solution to G7's Machinist problem be to remove the hijacker tag from the Machinist for that mission or simply disable them entirely?

Hah, I never noticed the Carry-all snatch and run issue before.

Carryall pilot wrote:
Yoink, I'll be taking this.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Damfoos
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd never knew about the barracks if you wouldn't tell.

As for Carryall thing, let it be, but if the Prototype isn't where it was supposed to be when the Dropship arrives, let the player get the notification that the Prototype needs to be transported to Dropship.  (e.g. ENGINEER: Sir, the Dropship has arrived, we need the Prototype!) After all, if you can hijack it then you can drive it away just as fine. And removal of the hijacking from Machinists (or Machinists themselves) is too much of an arbitrary restriction, IMO, lack of which makes TI missions even more enjoyable. You can simply disable Prototype's weapon so capturing it won't give you any benefits, and do what I suggested before to avoid issues with evac sequence.

P.S. During this mission I've noticed that I can pick up civilian cars with Carry-All and then put them accurately on parking places. Can we have a "Carry-All Parking" mini-game? Very Happy

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damfoos wrote:
P.S. During this mission I've noticed that I can pick up civilian cars with Carry-All and then put them accurately on parking places. Can we have a "Carry-All Parking" mini-game? Very Happy

Reminds me of this old joke. Laughing

Spoiler (click here to read it):
Quote:

Commute & Car-pool will feature:
• Exciting missions like taking the kids to school/dentist (not your kids? who cares!)
• Congestion/Traffic jams
• Tailgaters
• Penalty points for those who don't car-pool
• Bonus's for safe drivers
• Speed Camera mini games
• And a secret campaign the Kerb Crawler Chronicles

Kirrim
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your game crashes for no reason what so ever.SAV

It should be Nod Mission 14: Compulsions, tell me if I added the wrong save file.

I have no idea what is causing this, it just kind of happens. Probably the New Brotherhood is hacking into my computer.

SAVE1649.SAV
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SAVE1649.SAV
 Filesize:  2.28 MB
 Downloaded:  3 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is also a known problem with that particular mission. Beem researching it for a while...

Damfoos
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a funny bug with Visceroids in some campaign missions (encountered it in GDI 07). When your infantry dies on Tiberium field, it turns into a friendly Visceroid which can't be normally targeted (unless with force-fire), and if 2 of those merge into an Adult Visceroid, that Adult Visceroid will attack other hostile Tiberium Fauna on this field, clearing it from hostiles for you!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that most likely happens because such maps have the player allied to the Neutral house. When a Visceroid spawns from the death of an infantry unit, it is always assigned to the Neutral house. Hence it's recommended to create another house for the allied/neutral civilian units and leave the Neutral house for visceroids/other Tiberian fauna.

But what happens if juvenile Visceroids from two different houses merge? Which house takes precedence? #Tongue

E1 Elite
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the 2nd baby visceroid comes from another cell and merges with the 1st
baby visceroid in the current cell, then the resultant visceroid belongs to the 1st
visceroid's house. That was the pattern felt when I tested it couple of years ago.

Damfoos
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Base props (all except the Nod and GDI Spotlight Towers) provide additional building space (do not have BaseNormal=No), thus allowing for very fast and cheap basecrawling. Yes, I saw people (ab)using this option in multiplayer for this exact reason.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed, thanks.

gornyakmaniac
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game doesn't start on win 10 (one language version). No log generated when I tried to run it with admin perms. Tried to use compatibility modes, but effect is same.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What doesn't start? The game or the client?
As for the client, install directx11 or higher
If it's the game, start the client, go into options and select a different Renderer. Try them one by one and see yourself which works (best). If the game starts but ingame the menu doesn't appear, try a different renderer again.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant unit, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
TMP Shop
C&C Executable Modifier

gornyakmaniac
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for troubling, seems like files were corrupted when unzipping. For now all works fine. Game looks cool.

How to delete this posts?

bpvarsity
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed the game on my laptop and when I get into the game everything works but the game menu for game speed, sounds, saving and loading of saved games.

When I hit the options button and/or escape key is pressed while in game(skirmish and campaign) the whole game locks up. Only way to get out of it is kill it via taskmanager.

I can not save or load games which is really needed.

I tried every resolution and render mode but none of it makes a difference.

Any idea on a fix?

Playing on my surface book and windows 10.

Thanks

Frank
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

first of all, big compliments to everyone who has put work into this mod! I'm a huge fan of Tiberian Sun, but I'm barely playing the game anymore since I've discovered Twisted Insurrection, because it's just so much more entertaining. It's really awesome how you captured the atmosphere of the original game, while making gameplay actually much more diverse, interesting and challenging. I also love the aesthetics of this game, it looks beautiful, particularly the post-apocalyptic Tiberian red zones.

That being said, I come across some occasional bugs now and then, so I thought I should report them here.

1. In skirmish games, saved games occasionally become corrupted and can't be loaded. I regularly save my games and this usually happens to all saves beyond a certain point in the game. Sometimes this is accompanied by a "Divide by Zero" error, which I don't understand. I've attached the savegame so you can have a look at it.

2. Units sometimes mysteriously get stuck when I try to move them. This can be very frustrating when I send in reinforcements to the frontline, and discover three minutes later they're still at the base. Usually they are able to move very small distances, but will freeze when I send them to the other end of the map

3. A serious game-breaking bug in GDI mission 6, Clean Slate (the new version): after blowing up the train bridge, you need to get reinforcements by moving to a beach behind a small Nod base. Three Wasp APCs will arrive, carrying soldiers. They will move into certain spots, and when they come to rest a fourth APC will spawn carrying engineers.
However, if you select the first three before they halt on these spots and move them somewhere else, the APC carrying the engineers never spawns. This makes the level impossible to finish, as you need them to reactivate the GDI base. It took me two very frustrating hours to figure out what was going wrong, this one really needs to be fixed before the final release I think.

SAVE301C.SAV
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SAVE301C.SAV
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Downloaded:  1 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, glad to hear you're enjoying Twisted Insurrection. Hopefully once I get a motivational kick up the arse again we can get a new update out sooner rather than later! Very Happy

Issue 1: This is a known problem that occurs sometimes when trying to launch a saved file from the client itself. If you try loading a saved game from the in-game dialogue itself, you may have better chance of it successfully loading. However, this is just a guess at this point in time though, this is how things used to be, but may have since been updated over time. It's difficult to keep on top of the thousands of changes that go into the game files and the client files.

Issue 2: Pathfinding issues, these are sadly a common problem that occur due-to some map-making mistakes. These can be fixed, but will take a while and will not be a very fun task, but we'll get around to it.

Issue 3: We'll look into this and get it fixed for the next update.

Thanks again for your kind words and we hope you continue to enjoy playing the mod. Very Happy

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aro wrote:
Issue 1: This is a known problem that occurs sometimes when trying to launch a saved file from the client itself. If you try loading a saved game from the in-game dialogue itself, you may have better chance of it successfully loading. However, this is just a guess at this point in time though, this is how things used to be, but may have since been updated over time. It's difficult to keep on top of the thousands of changes that go into the game files and the client files.

That's indeed how things used to be; the spawner had a bug in it that made it sometimes fail when trying to load saved games directly. But the bug was fixed about 1½ years ago and nowadays there shouldn't be a difference between loading through the client or through the in-game menu.

Most likely corrupted saves are an engine bug that we unfortunately can't fix. TI isn't the only mod that suffers from them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
Jump to: