Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Miggy's models
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [69 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:  Miggy's models Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I currently have limited access to the D-day website and no access to my FTP, as I cant post any news updates my enthusiasm to work on D-day has dropped somewhat. So I decided to work on a physical model instead of a voxel one #Tongue I haven't made a model tank in about 15 years (moved house & no longer had the space to make models). I had a lot of fun making this so I plan to make some more, if there is interest I'll post more of my modelling work here.

For comparison this T-34/85 was made 15 years ago, it's been sitting on a shelf since.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sure, show more.
But make a mammoth, please.

concerning your tank. detailing is nice.
Only the lighting is off. #Tongue Sun (flashlight) needs to be in southwest.
The ground could use some work too. It looks untextured and a bit flat.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still want to make a mammy #Tongue My original idea to make a 3D model and get a company to print it came to an abrupt end when I realized they would cost over £100 each. I could buy my own 3D printer now which would drastically reduce the cost of each model but would still require a large initial investment. I might end up making one out of plastic card, but it would then be a one off hand made model just for me then.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you could try to print each face/wall on paper. Then use the paper pieces as pattern for the real material cuttings (wood, metal whatever).
Or print on something stronger like cardboard and then enhance it later with layers of carbon fiber (basically pieces of fabric soaked with glue which you put on the inside in multiple layers)

Public SHPs

Tools

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised

How do you make those models?! So much beter than those models at Hobbyland!

(if you make a StuG, please photo it, before sell, thanks! ^.^)

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your local "Hobbyland" seams to specialize in pre-built die cast models that wont be as detailed as hand made and painted model kits.

I don't plan on making a Stug, I prefer more exotic prototype vehicles like the E-25. I don't plan on selling any of the modes I make either, the Mammoth tank would have been an exception but it would have been sold as a kit rather then a finished model.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is another E-25 (the kit comes with a pair of them) this time done in a winter white wash camo.

I still cant access the D-day site or anything else on the sever BTW and I wont be able to post any D-day news until I can, so more models coming #Tongue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did anyone tell ya how cute it looks?
GIMMEE!
Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ace weathering work. As a miniatures guy nowadays, your work is top notch and I'm pretty jealous.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, these two where my first time weathering a model so I experimented with several different techniques and types of paint to see how they would turn out. I'm happy with the effects overall but I feel I over did it in a few places #Tongue I'm planing to move from 1/72 up to 1/35 next with an Jagdpanzer E-10.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cute!  Back in my youth, dreamt of making a soviet heavy tank along side its mammoth tank friend. ^__^

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WIP pic of my 1/35 Jagdpanzer E-10.

I'm also making a turreted recon version of the E-10 which requires making a lot of scratch build parts from plastic card. So far I've made the basic shape of the turret and the gun mantlet.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting compact, low-frame design with the E-25, reminds me of a tank destroyer but apparently it was more of a reconnaissance/light assault vehicle. Shouldn't the lack of a rotateable turret make it inferior to the Panzers it was supposed to supersede?

Good models. Keep it up.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice
and when you got all the 500 D-Day units done as models as well, you can use the models to create stop motion videos for D-Day Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D-Day's unit count currently stands at 979. I think I can make one model a week if I really really rush (slowly taking my time atm). At that rate it would take me over 20 years to make models of all of them. But then you have to consider that I add a new unit to D-day at the rate of about one a week too...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
D-Day's unit count currently stands at 979.

this is insane Surprised
That the engine can even handle that.

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a few too...

afew.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.7 KB
 Viewed:  28459 Time(s)

afew.jpg

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, they look like 1/76 & 1/72 Matchbox & Airfix kits?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm making progress with the turret for the recon E-10. I added a metal barrel that I bought extra & an infra-red night fighting scope that I nicked from an E-100 kit.

The normal E-10 hull needs to be enlarged to fit the turret so I did some surgery in preparation for building a new upper hull section.

Here is how it looks with the turret on top to give an idea of what I'm aiming for.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ace work Very Happy

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool work! Very Happy

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that the Puma's 50mm. gun?

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the whole turret is based on the Puma/Leopard design.

More updates, I made the upper hull plate & also nicked some front hatches from an E-50 kit to fit in it.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I said I wouldn't buy a Stug model kit but... I got a Girls Und Panzer Stug, along with the four other main tanks from the show.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

I am happy about you, Mig Eater! #Milti

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fun fact: I knew about Girls und Panzer before you made VXLs for 'em in D-Day.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been busy with the paint & glue again! This time putting together a 1/35 scale Flakpanzer E-100 model kit by Amusing Hobby. I made several changes to the base kit including; replacing the inaccurate plastic gun barrels with metal ones. Also replacing the rather weak plastic suspension springs with custom made metal ones too. The side skirt armour was modified so they can be displayed either on or off the vehicle, I also added a small crane to the side of the turret that would be used by the crew to aid with lifting the side armour on or off. Lastly the most important addition to this model is the obligatory bucket hanging off the rear, which every good tank model should have #Tongue

Took me about four months to complete in all & was a lot of fun, I think I'll make something smaller next tho...

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Das ist ein Flakpanzer?!

It is... great...  Surprised

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After making the Flakpanzer E-100 I thought I'd build up its little brother the Flakpanzer E-50 Smile As usual I made some changes to the base kit; replaced the barrels with metal ones, the rubber band tracks were replaced with individual plastic track links (which look a lot better but were a pain to fit). I also scratch-build armour plates over the engine deck & modified the turret hatches so they can be either open or closed.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive. I would never have the patience to create and put all these tiny pieces together. Approved!

Offtopic: How much damage would a Flak Panzer do versus ground units and could it actually engage ground targets?

Public SHPs

Tools

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why so much interest in prototypes?  Laughing

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hinges for the turret hatches were insanely small, I had to glue a 0.3mm rod to a 0.1mm bracket! I was so nervous putting that together because if I lost any one part the hinge wouldn't work & I'd have to glue the hatch shut.

Flak weapons work the same as a normal tank cannon, the main difference is the high explosive shrapnel ammunition they use against aircraft. Most flak guns can also fire normal armored piercing ammunition too, in fact a lot of anti-tank cannons are just flak guns without the extra AA stuff etc.

In D-day I mainly use AA tanks as anti-infantry defense as their rapid fire guns can rip though infantry #Tongue

I <3 prototypes Very Happy I've already started on my next model BTW, a 44M Tas.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Miggy with all the tanks you make, you should work as a modeller in world of tanks #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've finished another model kit for my slowly growing what-if tank collection. This time the Hungarian 44M Tas heavy tank. The original Tas only got as far as the prototype stage when it was destroyed in an air-raid, along with most of the documentation & tools at the factory, which put an end to its development.

This kit is from Hobby Boss & is rather cheap & simple, so it only took a few days to put together. I then spent a month slowing experimenting with adding extra parts though. Most of which were made from inexpensive household items such as the camouflage net around the barrel is a stretched out bandage. The rolled up tarpaulin on the back of the turret & flag are made from tissues. The logs are random twigs from the garden. Bits of old wire for the handles & cables etc.

Other extra bits are the fuel drum on the rear which comes from a Tamiya set. I added a fume extractor to the turret roof which was a left over part from my previous E-100 model. The side armour was extended at the rear with plastic card to make attachment holes for tow ropes. The cardboard box on the engine deck is from a set by J-Works.

I also tried out printing my own custom decal transfers for the first time with the registration number plates on the front & rear. I think they turned rather well, I look forward making more in the future.

I had a lot of fun adding all the extra parts to this kit. So much so that I might make another one in the future...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks fantastic. Love the detail.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, this looks grand as ever.

A weird OT - a lot of Hungarians don't know we had/planned a bunch of vehicle/tank designs for WW2 so I'm always amazed when things like this unfolds. I didn't even heard about our tank license plates until I seen yours.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hungarian tanks seam to have become quite popular for model makes recently. In the last few years Hobby Boss has also released kits of the of the Toldi & Nimrod tanks as well as the Csaba armoured car. They just released a kit of the Tas tank destroyer last month too. Another company called Bronco has in the last six months released the Zrinyi I/II & the Turan I/II. They're also making a Turan III which should be out later this year.

I definitely want to get the Turan III when it comes out (I <3 prototypes), I might get the Csaba next year too, I like its oddly shaped hull #Tongue.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What a goofy looking tank. Suspension looks influenced by the Panzer IV, the turret draws heavily from the Panther. Hull looks original and it's damned ugly.

Top notch work on the model, though. #Tongue

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that the body of the Italian P40? The turret is really one of the Panther's.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the P40 looks quite different IMO.

The Tas was influenced by the T-34 & Panther but it's all designed in Hungary.  

Not my work but 3D printed C&C models!

Looks nice but they are pretty small tho, this mammoth tank being only 2.7cm long. The ones I've made above are about 10x longer then that.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Want!!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I decided to finally get my own 3D printer, so project Mammoth Tank is back on!

cr10_3dprint.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  708.63 KB
 Viewed:  24165 Time(s)

cr10_3dprint.jpg

Last edited by Mig Eater on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh cool. I thought about getting one myself several times already, but always had this little voice in my head saying: is it worth it? do you really want to? look how expensive they are etc

I'm looking forward for some feedback from you how it was working with that thing.
How big do you think you can get prints done with it?

Oh, if you are looking for a 3d model of the mammoth, i happen to have one. Wink

P.S. feel free to print a copy of your printer and send me the copy.Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you remember I started designing a 3D Mammoth tank model specifically for 3D printing. When it turned out it would cost hundreds of euros to get a company to do the prints for me I gave up. Now that I can do it myself tho I'll dig it back up & finish it off.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, forgot about that topic.
hmm, since your printers max size for printed objects is surely smaller than a factory printed object, you could still get the result quite big by splitting the mammoth up.
Chassis: 2 pieces front/back
Track housing: 4x 1 piece
Turret: 1 piece
Barrels/MissilePods: 1 piece each

Do you checked already how sturdy/hard the the printed material will be?

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can print max 30x30x40cm which can easily fit a 1/72 model. My preference has changed to 1/35 scale now days, so the model would probably need to split up for that scale tho (it might fit diagonally) . The plastic is pretty sturdy even more so then the plastic of the model kits that I normally build.

The model would probably be laid out more like this;

Chassis: 2x top & bottom
Track housing: 8x 2 parts per pod
Turret: 2x top & bottom + parts to make the barrels move
Barrels/MissilePods: 1x each
Tracks & wheels: ?x  they would all be separate parts & I haven't calculated how many yet.

My first print was this small boat BTW, which is specially designed with complex curved shapes to test the abilities of a 3D printer, it came out better then I was expecting. I also found online a 3D printable model of the heavy tank from Dune 2, which I'll tryout in the next few days.

benchy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  555.11 KB
 Viewed:  24133 Time(s)

benchy.jpg

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My latest model tank, the Chinese/Taiwanese Type 64.

The model kit is Tamiya's 1/35 scale M41 Walker Bulldog, which was originally released in 1975 as a remote control toy & has been in production ever since. It can be bought really cheap & is recommended to any beginners because of its simple & easy construction.

Because of how common this kit is I decided to do something a bit different & convert it into the rather obscure Type 64. Which was an upgraded version of the M41 developed in Taiwan in 1964, it featured a new engine, extra armour bolted onto the turret sides & new side-skirts. Only two prototypes were built, one was destroyed on a firing range & the other is currently displayed in a museum.

The extra turret armour was made with plastic card that was warmed up & bent into shape, the side-skirts are made from aluminium cut from a drinks can & the ROC insignia I printed myself. As this kit was originally a motorised toy it is full of holes for the electronics which I filled in & sanded smooth. I also scratch-built several extra parts that aren't included in this kit, such as the third exhaust, support bars over the fenders & all of the vision ports were drilled out & replaced with new clear parts.

When I started this build I thought it would be quick & simple but it turned into a bit of a chore & I felt rather drained after. So much so that it's taken me two months to get around to taking pictures of it.

Note: There are actually two different tanks called Type 64, the other (& better known) Type 64 was a hybrid of an M42 Duster hull & a M18 Hellcat turret. This "hybrid" Type 64 was build as a stop-gap design after development of this Type 64 was cancelled.

PS: I haven't just been working on model kits #Tongue More D-day news coming in a few days.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coolio. Very Happy

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater, Are you using 3D Printer? and i think i started to be bored to see classic military tanks, will we see scinece-fictional tanks, we are in 2018, and i was just asking, not forcing you

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not my work but I thought I'd share this great Tesla tank model.

43743617_699559870411423_4322599981711097856_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.7 KB
 Viewed:  20850 Time(s)

43743617_699559870411423_4322599981711097856_n.jpg

44776210_699559930411417_7281968152441782272_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.8 KB

44776210_699559930411417_7281968152441782272_n.jpg

44735433_699559933744750_2618544489815343104_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.26 KB

44735433_699559933744750_2618544489815343104_n.jpg

44716216_699559787078098_8494879900518318080_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.05 KB

44716216_699559787078098_8494879900518318080_n.jpg

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon