:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Tools » Voxel Section Editor III » SVN Beta News Feeds
Rev 550 -- New option has been added at the Preferences ->
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
PPMNewsReporter
Official PPM Bot with Custom Rank!


Joined: 07 Sep 2011

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:  Rev 550 -- New option has been added at the Preferences -> Reply with quote

banshee -- 8 file(s) modified

New option has been added at the Preferences -> Normals category. You can now automatically  reset the normal value to #0 when you change model (create a new one, open a different one). Note that this option is disabled by default.


~ /vxlseiii14x/source/control/Config.pas
~ /vxlseiii14x/source/forms/FormMain.pas
~ /vxlseiii14x/source/forms/FormPreferences.dfm
~ /vxlseiii14x/source/forms/FormPreferences.pas
~ /vxlseiii14x/vxlse_III.bdsproj
~ /vxlseiii14x/vxlse_III.exe
~ /vxlseiii14x/vxlse_III.res
~ /Welcome.txt

Read more...
_________________
Hi, I am a bot. Official bot at PPM. Don't be ashamed to reply to my posts. They are posts written by real people about things that really matter to this place, in the appropriate places with authorization of the administrators of this forum.

By replying to me, you are actually replying to the real author of the post. Don't be ashamed to comment "my" posts and the real author may reply to you.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NucleiSplitter
Chem Warrior


Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Location: Hmm, I don’t know... maybe your Mom’s basement?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revisions are part of the 1.4 beta right? And thus usually unstable, how far has the progress for 1.4 has been? It's been 2007 since the announcement came up. And this revision was made because of G-E's autonormals and normals painting thread right?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Location: Iszkaszentgyörgy, Hungary

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally unstable. So much totally unstable that I can't even remember the last time I used a "stable" build. And I never had issues.
_________________



AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vast majority of bugs fixed in the last 2yrs were as a result of my prodding, only a few of which were insidious like the memory leakage.... and I appreciate Banshee's efforts, I know some took him some time to sort out.

Since most of these were not hidden bugs by any means, I can only assume most people like Graion prefer to make excuses for the programs malfunctions.
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not unstable at all nowadays. There might have occasional bugs just like the version 1.38 itself. The term unstable is used because new revisions may suffer heavy reforms that may lead to some instability and it may it take some additional revisions to fix the instability that was created. That kind of reform happened several times with 1.4x, but the last one happened a couple of years ago.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Location: Iszkaszentgyörgy, Hungary

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
Since most of these were not hidden bugs by any means, I can only assume most people like Graion prefer to make excuses for the programs malfunctions.


If I'd be you, I'd cool down. I wasn't the one who suggested the glorious idea of completely disabling the possibility to edit the Scale value to crush and burn OpenRA modding altogether ESPECIALLY in a topic which started with explaining what effect that value has there. FYI, Mixer even sets Scale to 1 on voxels copied from TXTs.

And guess what, I haven't thrown a tantrum for days thenafter about your level of full annoyance. Because unlike you I'm not that full of myself.
_________________



AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post above from Graion Dilach has been propositally edited by me. I know G-E's behavior is not being pleasant in this forum recently, but this kind of post doesn't help things to get better either. Calm down, Graion.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, I'm an asshole because I use the damn thing and care about how it works..

And on that note...


justgreat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.53 KB
 Viewed:  1526 Time(s)

justgreat.jpg



_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest revision should fix this problem, G-E.

G-E wrote:
That's right, I'm an asshole because I use the damn thing and care about how it works..


Your attitude problems are not related to caring about the program at all. It's on how you communicate with other people, mostly ignoring their opinions (or distorting them) to enforce yours instead. That can be quite annoying sometimes. But I'm aware that human beings are able to learn with their own experiences and change their attitude to a better one Wink.

Last edited by Banshee on Wed May 10, 2017 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect opinions that are thoughtful and have rationale behind them, what I don't respect is obstinate/stubborn refusal because of some theoretical possibility that we both know has about zero chance of being important. I'm not sure how to communicate through that.

I snapped at Graion because I immediately understood his line of thinking which was made clear in this thread, he just doesn't care, and his responses are all some variation of that, regardless of whether he himself understands there was a flaw. So how can I take him seriously at that point? Nothing he said had logical basis, what he said was that I'm wrong for wanting something he doesn't want, and he doesn't want it because he doesn't care about it --- and that's not a reason.

PS: GD my understanding of ORA mechanics is pitiful and I admit that, the same can't be said of your RA2 knowledge, so that was in no way some sneaky attempt by me to destroy your beloved platform. And hilariously if ORA changes to RA2's way of rendering voxels, the entire argument will be null I think no?
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NucleiSplitter
Chem Warrior


Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Location: Hmm, I don’t know... maybe your Mom’s basement?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
Nothing he said had logical basis, what he said was that I'm wrong for wanting something he doesn't want, and he doesn't want it because he doesn't care about it --- and that's not a reason.


No one is wrong for wanting.

Let's just say, he openly speaks about his opinions in public, Banshee told me that GD uses your first interferance with him as to what he thinks (Either he calls you an idiot, like PussyPus and Me, or You G-E as he described you as the Genius who is still back in the year 2000)
yes, I really am an idiot, not all the time, I changed when GD said that, sometimes GD does say things to encourage us that change our actions, I'd even say he's not all that bad, you'll get used to him...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister


Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Location: Iszkaszentgyörgy, Hungary

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
I snapped at Graion because I immediately understood his line of thinking which was made clear in this thread, he just doesn't care, and his responses are all some variation of that, regardless of whether he himself understands there was a flaw. So how can I take him seriously at that point? Nothing he said had logical basis, what he said was that I'm wrong for wanting something he doesn't want, and he doesn't want it because he doesn't care about it --- and that's not a reason.


Yeah, definitely. You said it, so it must be right.

It's impossible to think that I have other reasons of overlooking VXLSE issues completely. It's impossible to think that due to I am actually reading these boards - yes, I really should give up on that habit by now - I am fully aware that Banshee struggles with his PhD thesis for years now  - he even shown already enough signs he can't catch up with the communities he's technically involved even - and his time should be better spent on the stuff related to it than some obnoxious user's personal preference on VXLSE who can't live with an issue which is there for years or more.

That probably would imply I'm actually not a heartless and careless bastard enemy of mankind and hurt people's prejudice. They would overlook it by tomorrow anyway.
_________________



AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, because Banshee can't make the decision himself about where to spend his time...

As for your argument about how long a bug or malfunction or inconsistency has existed, again you're arguing that you don't care and that justifies not fixing it. If we humans lived like that nothing would get done, and you'd still be throwing sticks and grunting at your fellow primates. But go on, please explain in more detail how we should just allow grandfathered errors to persist into eternity...
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-E wrote:
Right, because Banshee can't make the decision himself about where to spend his time...


Of course I can make this kind of decision. But you could also help me to make better decisions instead of wasting my time reading stuff, arguing and moderating due to some obnoxious user's personal preference on VXLSE #Tongue.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well let's say you call it a preference, then why not add the functionality as another checkbox like you just did with resetting normals on load? I'm always open to the idea of adding settings, but I wasn't focusing on it since you still haven't made an autonormals button for the toolbar.... Smile
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which functionality are you talking about this time?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Tools » Voxel Section Editor III » SVN Beta News Feeds
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:


If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.


Write only one of the following words: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.2474s ][ Queries: 14 (0.1186s) ][ Debug on ]