:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:27 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Game Chat » Command & Conquer Chat
Are There Any Official C&C Devs Who Post Here?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Mechacaseal
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Aug 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject:  Are There Any Official C&C Devs Who Post Here? Reply with quote

Just wondering if there's any official westwood or EA people who post or make content here. I know Frank Klepacki helps on twisted insurrection soundtrack

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NucleiSplitter
Chem Warrior


Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Location: Hmm, I don’t know... maybe your Mom’s basement?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad, there are none, the WW team disbanded back in 2003, it's highly unlikely some of them will come back and use these forums to post new work. And EALA is stupid, okay I hate EA for what they done to WW, don't count on EALA, they won't even post their work here (why would they?), and I'm pretty sure C&C isn't their priority now...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mechacaseal
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Aug 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NucleiSplitter wrote:
Too bad, there are none, the WW team disbanded back in 2003, it's highly unlikely some of them will come back and use these forums to post new work. And EALA is stupid, okay I hate EA for what they done to WW, don't count on EALA, they won't even post their work here (why would they?), and I'm pretty sure C&C isn't their priority now...


i still remember when they were making tibeirum wars and they were interviewing some of the staff working on it claiming to be C&C fans and people like  apoc kaufman community manager one time admitted he had to research what the hell C&C was when he got the job lol. back then i was making youtube videos calling them out and apoc literally messaged me that i was making him pull his hair out at night and the stress was causing problems with his fiance.
https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=714350

find keyword "shortbus" on that page. im the only one he mentioned by name lol. he's weird he even let me add him on facebook once knowing who i was and comment on his personal timeline. he wouldnt even let nodsoldiergirl do that. i made him block her cause she was obsessed with him and i had her talk to his fiance once out of jealousy lol. god i wasted my life back then. i need to stop playing this shit.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Banshee
Supreme Banshee


Joined: 15 Aug 2002
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any ex-C&C developer participating at this forums for a couple of years already. to be very honest. And while Frank Klepacki has helped TI with musics, I'm not aware of any account that he may have here (although I just could be ignorant about that).

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mechacaseal
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Aug 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im surprised louis castle and brett sperry never showed up here. honestly in a way i think they like the job they do making games but i dont think they really liked their games or valued them that much. they seem more interested in new projects and i guess the idea of making products people will buy rather than giving a shit about the products themselves. honestly i think louis castle wanted C&C to die already.

this is something else i pointed out lol








Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OmegaBolt
President


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Location: York, England

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you realised how business works, well done. This isn't some crazy uncovery of a hidden truth. If Dune 2 hadn't made money, C&C would never have been born, and if that hadn't made money there would be no sequels. It's unfortunately the way it works.
_________________
TAK02 wrote:
Screw AttachEffect. Can't think of any use for it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Mechacaseal
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Aug 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OmegaBolt wrote:
So you realised how business works, well done. This isn't some crazy uncovery of a hidden truth. If Dune 2 hadn't made money, C&C would never have been born, and if that hadn't made money there would be no sequels. It's unfortunately the way it works.


the thing is you can learn from them by not being fans of their crap lol. im not joking he really does see the people who buy his products as nothing more than just profit generators so that he can make more and more products to get more and more profit. this is literally how he thinks. and its the reason why they barely supported their games and sold it to the highest bidder and just kept doing new projects.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mechacaseal
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Aug 2015

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mechacaseal wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:
So you realised how business works, well done. This isn't some crazy uncovery of a hidden truth. If Dune 2 hadn't made money, C&C would never have been born, and if that hadn't made money there would be no sequels. It's unfortunately the way it works.


the thing is you can learn from them by not being fans of their crap lol. im not joking he really does see the people who buy his products as nothing more than just profit generators so that he can make more and more products to get more and more profit. this is literally how he thinks. and its the reason why they barely supported their games and sold it to the highest bidder and just kept doing new projects.


whelp after watching more recent louis castle videos it seems like hes more of a chameleon. looks like after he left zynga he stopped glamorizing farmville clones like empires and armies i remember when he glamorized C&C style games. honestly the more i listen to him the more full of shiat he seems. i think C&C went to his head. now he goes around different companies giving them his opinion for high prices. rofl sad. cause liek i said it seems he changes his views constantly based on his current perception of what could be the best at the time for producing games...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G-E
General


Joined: 09 Feb 2015

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well C&C has a problem, and that problem is EA, both in terms of game mentality (they like fast and expensive) and their other franchises (SC etc)...

What we need is a new dev to take over, at least licensed for 1 shot at the game, like Call To Power succeeded to be a better Civ when Civ2/3 was floundering.
_________________
http://www.moddb.com/mods/scorched-earth-ra2-mod-with-smart-ai

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Miscellaneous Forums » Game Chat » Command & Conquer Chat
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:


If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.


Write only one of the following words: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.1416s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0049s) ][ Debug on ]