Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
need artist help to create new mod
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:  need artist help to create new mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need sone recruite artists help i am try to create new mod here but have no artist

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get a friend, train them to be a voxeller/shpist, that's the only way, or do it on your own I suppose, I don't work with YR:NW anymore, but that dosen't mean I'll aid anyone, I only aid mods with potential, probably almost all people here in PPM aid or part of a mod's staff, but some people are a one man modding team.

All I'm saying is, you have to build a modding group on your own, or train yourself to create/recreate graphics for your mod, you can also use public assets like what TAK02 stated above.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The artists here will generally only help with established mods that have a story or theme that is of interest to them. You haven't even said what game you want to mod let alone what the mod will be about or what types of units you want to add?

PS: Moved from the Ares forum to Media Hut.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah me is mod yuri and the story i am white it will be ready soon

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even if you can make graphics you should get some people to work with you too.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just throwing it to think about it:

Does Mig Eater work with anyone? I am not sure that he is, but his mod is pretty HD.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

D-Day is entirely his own (maybe there's 5% of it not coming from him, rough estimation).

Enough dedication will lead to picking up all skills required. His dedication is definitely among the strongest if not the strongest in the entire community.

Yes, you can decide that you'll be the artist working for your mod. It works at many of the quality mods (not just D-Day, but Project Phantom, It Came From Red Alert, Shattered Paradise and Global Crisis comes to my mind).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
D-Day is entirely his own (maybe there's 5% of it not coming from him, rough estimation).

Enough dedication will lead to picking up all skills required. His dedication is definitely among the strongest if not the strongest in the entire community.

Yes, you can decide that you'll be the artist working for your mod. It works at many of the quality mods (not just D-Day, but Project Phantom, It Came From Red Alert, Shattered Paradise and Global Crisis comes to my mind).

* Just being part of the long-presumed dead C&C-community fills you with...
* DETERMINATION

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

introduce story of my new mod
Welcome to the darkness world, Comander. 6 years ago, the Allies and the Soviet made their last stand at Alaska and they were defeated by Yuri's Army. They couldn't stop him from conquering the world. But now, we, the Hexigon, shall take back the world from his hands and no one can stop us.
storywritter :Playex

duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well what you guy think about the story

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahem.
What Graion means to say is that mod stories these days all have too similar stories to be considered original.
Yuri rises to power, Allies and Soviets either team up and manage (or in your case, don't) to wipe him out. Failing that, a new faction rises to stand up to him.
Now that you think about it, this is a rough summary of Mental Omega's story. But I guess where stories like these shine is HOW things got as bad as they are, and all the internal politician chenigans that occur IRL (with countries and generals tending to be on their own side rather than their country's/allies') being taken into account.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

Means, the more unique your story is, the more it will be interesting mod, but consider making the mod a high quality like other well known mods.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the amount of years that have gone by since it was released, every mod starts looking the same. Total Conversion mods are what we need and I don't think we have the artists to spare for that kind of dedication.

duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well the story is not finish i am makeking them and i am try to create unit too but well i need some one show me how to draw because i am not artis

duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i mean artist basic video use shp

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

foraslittle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.04 KB
 Viewed:  3186 Time(s)

foraslittle.jpg

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make a better one and unique, and long too (if you are a story writer), i am really bad at novels, actually i hate being a novel writer, maybe some metal music with 2d and 3d arts.(SOON..)

duy5161
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oky i am write it

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just remember. When you have enough models to showcase,  a lore about your mod, and some factions; post them on Public Project Announcements thread. I suggest to work more and worry less about that first. Work more with units, don't come up with the title of your mod yet as it will greatly constraint your workspace.

Natit_Titan
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your mod need more detail and hard work. Let I show you

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean that's almost World in Conflict footage with a clipped out Yuri speaking and poor English. No offense, but that's not really detail and hard work. Maybe if (since he's already clipped out) you overlay him over the footage and cut the original audio, but idk.

What a good mod needs in order of importance is:
Good Gameplay > Balance > Backstory (even if it's thin because lets face it, they're all the same when Yuri & Co. are involved) > Graphics.

Take a look at C&C 4 for example of how to fail at making a game. They made it in the order of:
Graphics > Reused Backstory > Gameplay > Balance

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Take a look at C&C 4 for example of how to fail at making a game. They made it in the order of:
Graphics > Reused Backstory > Gameplay > Balance

I wasn't aware C&C 4 had a story! Or gameplay for that matter...

But seriously, gameplay was great (yes, I played it), but UNfiting for a C&C game. Balance was just downright ridiculous! It's almost like it didn't exist at all!

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mod's do generally look the same these days, but even the really well made mods i get frustrated with their unit compositions,

i'm at the point now that i'm just making stuff for the rule of cool. instead of some meaningful content that will be released

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

I wasn't aware C&C 4 had a story!

The prologue takes place in the year 2062, 15 years after the Tiberium Wars (which led to the invasion and defeat of the Scrin), and 10 years after the end of Kane's Wrath (where Kane regained possession of the Tacitus). Tiberium has evolved and is spreading at such a rate that the whole planet is expected to become uninhabitable by 2068. Humanity is on the brink of extinction.[7]

At this time, the leader of the Brotherhood of Nod, Kane, heads directly to the headquarters of the Global Defense Initiative,[4] in hopes of using the Tacitus and GDI's resources to construct a worldwide Tiberium Control Network. This network will allow the spread of Tiberium to be controlled and turn Tiberium into an inexpensive power source. Even though the idea of alliance has been met with hostility (which has sparked the brief Incursion War), the two factions have nevertheless united. The campaign itself starts 15 years after the formation of the alliance, as the Tiberium Control Network nears completion. The spread of Tiberium is finally stopped, bringing optimism to the world's remaining population. However, extremists from both factions start to cause unrest, which sparks the Fourth Tiberium War.

The player takes the role of Commander Parker, a GDI military officer who receives an optical implant after his battle wounds have caused him to lose his eyesight. The player is presented with the possibility to aid either Colonel Louise James's GDI extremists or Kane's Nod Loyalist forces in the Fourth Tiberium War.

The game's missions chronicle Kane's attempt to activate the Threshold 19, a tower constructed by Scrin aliens during the Third Tiberium War that functions like an interstellar portal. He claims to have used the Tacitus to help create both the Tiberium Control Network and the optical implants; these are, in fact, the keys to the activation of the tower. While the GDI and the Nod finally form an alliance, two groups of separatists desperately try to spark a war to stop (or punish) Kane. The madman Gideon leads the Nod separatists, while Colonel Louise James commands the GDI.

After the final battle for the Threshold 19, Kane is about to leave Earth using the Scrin tower. He convinces Commander Parker (the player) to activate it for him with the optical implant. The player is shot by Colonel James but nonetheless succeeds in activating the portal. In both campaigns, Kane enters the portal. (In the GDI campaign, Kane promptly thanks the player before entering it.) In the ending cut-scene, news channels announce that the Tiberium growth has receded following the complete activation of Tiberium Control Network and all the Nod followers have entered the Scrin tower and disappeared.

TAK02 wrote:

Or gameplay for that matter...

The gameplay in Command & Conquer 4 no longer follows the same resource-gathering dynamic as previous games in the series. In the main game mode, the player must capture control nodes scattered across a map, and retain more nodes than the enemy player, gaining enough points over time to win the match. Command & Conquer 4 utilizes class-based gameplay as well as some role-playing game elements.[4]

There are two playable factions: the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod. The storyline begins with the world being consumed by the rampant growth of Tiberium, which is threatening to render the earth uninhabitable. Each faction is split into three upgradeable classes: offense, defense and support, each with their own specialized focus. The classes consist mostly of their own unique units, with the only shared unit among classes being the engineer. The offense class is focused on tank-based, front-line combat, relying less on any kind of fortified emplacements or bases. The defense class is focused on infantry-based combat as well as utilization of rudimentary base defenses, and are also the only class to have access to superweapons. It is the only class that allows the player to construct buildings in order to develop their base (analogous with the previous games). The support class is focused on air combat and specialized vehicles to traverse the environment, and is also equipped with special support powers that are used to assist teammates. As it relies on air support, the support MCVs of both factions are able to lift off in the air.[4] Command & Conquer 4 contains two non-playable factions from previous games in the Tiberium Universe: The Scrin (C&C3) and the Forgotten (Tiberian Sun), the latter returning as a minor part of the story as well as a neutral class on the map.[5] Command & Conquer 4 includes a total of about 90 units, including many new units and updated versions of previous Command & Conquer units.[4]

In Command and Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, each faction features its own campaign with the story told and played out from their perspective, each resulting in an ultimate conclusion to the Kane saga. In addition to the two brief single player campaigns, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight features a cooperative campaign mode, which will allow multi-class play and integrated player progression. The difficulty in co-op campaign mode varies depending on the player's level, and objectives will be shared.[6] Campaigns for both factions take place simultaneously.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer_4:_Tiberian_Twilight

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [27 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon