Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unique Models
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:  Unique Models Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those were my early big 3D models, 2 more incoming, the next one has higher details, this is just their look.

mhrlicon.png
 Description:
Minion Harley
 Filesize:  166.48 KB
 Viewed:  2990 Time(s)

mhrlicon.png

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is this? Is there a name or something?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finished all the 3 2 days ago, time to reveal small sized images of the toy & the original version! Original images incoming, I honestly like the toy version more than the other 2.

bots.png
 Description:
from left to right, [minion harley, toy harley, scrapped/original harley the joker].
 Filesize:  42.32 KB
 Viewed:  2972 Time(s)

bots.png

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, just, what? To make quality models, you don't need to place random meshes there and there. Look up some good tutorial videos and do every step they tell you to make. Don't cut corners, skip parts or make impatient shit fast because you won't learn that way or make "good" 3d models. What I am saying is that keep it up and practice hard, it'll be worth it. Smile Even with ~1000 polys you can come up with nice low-poly models, like this character I made for a mobile game:

horse01_06_wl.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.35 KB
 Viewed:  2956 Time(s)

horse01_06_wl.jpg

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look like a rather nightmare inducing mix of Picasso & FNaF...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WARNING: HEAVIER Message Box Incoming.

Mig Eater wrote:
They look like a rather nightmare inducing mix of Picasso & FNaF...

I knew you know FNAF!

For donutarnold: they might look medium quality, but one of the main reasons is because i don't have good GPU and even CPU and RAM for rendering it to look realistic (i wish i could try realistic renders).

thrlicon.png
 Description:
Toy Harley
 Filesize:  286.42 KB
 Viewed:  2936 Time(s)

thrlicon.png

rhrlicon.png
 Description:
Harley The Joker
 Filesize:  330.05 KB
 Viewed:  2936 Time(s)

rhrlicon.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RAM, CPU and GPU have nothing to do with realistic rendering, when the model is crap, the render is crap too.
Your models are of low quality at best, since they are just some simple geometric figures (mainly spheres in different sizes) slapped together.
Using spheres with lots of polygons also doesn't mean high quality. You only stress unnecessarily your hardware when you try to render that nonsense.
100 well placed and by hand modeled polygons can be a lot more than 100.000 primitively slapped together polygons coming from 3 simple spheres and cylinders with chamfered edges and wrong smoothing groups.

btw, my PC is over 10 years old and mostly likely only 1/10th the speed of yours.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These look absolutely horrible. Are you making a third-rate triller game or something?
Seriously, draw some sketches and acutally design your stuff before modeling them. The "toy" one is somewhat interesting, but the other two are just ugly as hell. Not sure what you want to convey by making these heads, though. If all you want is to make people uncomfortable, well, you win.

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Dude, just, what? To make quality models, you don't need to place random meshes there and there. Look up some good tutorial videos and do every step they tell you to make. Don't cut corners, skip parts or make impatient shit fast because you won't learn that way or make "good" 3d models. What I am saying is that keep it up and practice hard, it'll be worth it. Smile Even with ~1000 polys you can come up with nice low-poly models, like this character I made for a mobile game:

This I do not agree with... practice does make perfect regardless to what is being modeled.

Tutorials & tutorial videos will do nothing, unless you get your hands dirty and use your creativity. Tutorials should only be used for special situations.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@MadHQ: To clarify, I meant that watch some tutorials to get the basics. After basics you can do whatever you like aka get hands dirty and do a lot of trial and error. Smile

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
DonutArnold wrote:

This I do not agree with... practice does make perfect regardless to what is being modeled.

Tutorials & tutorial videos will do nothing, unless you get your hands dirty and use your creativity. Tutorials should only be used for special situations.

In the 1st day i started to use blender since 2015, then i gave up, then back to blender, in 2016 (over 1 month practice then i gave up too), in this year over 7 month practice made me get to the 3 results, i started with the toy version actually, the scrapped version will have both its new clean and withered version, total is 11.5 month practicing.

EDIT: the 2 posts above my post are right, this is what exactly done, except basic tutorials in 2017, i learned material setups and transparency etc. From tutorial videos.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i still havnt learnt all of the techniques he uses in this video,but the knowledge i have gleamed helps alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdjlD92luM

models like yours shouldnt be rendered up close and should be rendered at a distance so the human brain fills the rest of the details.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Version Number Increased: 4 - New Ditto Renders for the 3 version incoming.

Updated Version is here!

har.png
 Description:
UPDATED
 Filesize:  62.58 KB
 Viewed:  2807 Time(s)

har.png

rhrliconx.png
 Description:
Withered Harley (Has no normal head, just 2 half heads witch makes it able to rotate its head)
 Filesize:  454.45 KB
 Viewed:  2807 Time(s)

rhrliconx.png

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the hell is this ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
the hell is this ?

Something by someone inexperienced at 3D modelling, though if it were me, I'd be too embarrassed to release into public eye. The seemingly removed quads and abominable misuse of basic shapes and overabundance of polys where they should not be, are quite frankly, killing me. I did try to stay away from this thread, but it keeps popping up. Sad

Being perfectly honest, I really think you need so much more experience, please look for better tutorial videos.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here a simple task
Start to create an L shaped figure from a single polygon (just 4 edges that form a simple plane and no high poly stuff)!
Use extrude, chamfer and other functions to add new polygons and move the vertices manually.
Then go on and shape the L like a leg. Then duplicate that leg and go on until you have a figure.

Do not use any high poly primitive (sphere, cylinder, box etc) and just delete some polygons! That is just crap.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon