Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR: Rise of the East
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:  YR: Rise of the East
Subject description: name set, MP beta released
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UPDATE 30/07/2020
Version 2.1 released, check out the moddb page Smile

PSA: THE LATEST POST AT THE BOTTOM IS THE ONLY UP TO DATE POST IN THIS THREAD!

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 am; edited 11 times in total

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-------------
Asia Tech Tree
-------------
-------------

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 am; edited 5 times in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: YR: Dominion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XxpeddyxX wrote:
veterancy adds further of 30% damage and 50% strength for each level of veterancy

This doesn't work. These abilities work like switches, if you relist a veteran benefit at elite, the game will not reapply that benefit, which means you just apply these at veteran and no changes on elite. To have the 30% elite dmg if you intend to maintain this setup, you'll have to manually recalculate every weapon to apply that difference.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-------------
Allied Tech Tree
-------------
-------------

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:38 am; edited 4 times in total

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-------------
Soviet Tech Tree
-------------
-------------

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:40 am; edited 4 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A bow seems very low tech for any of the factions, although recently it's become somewhat of a trope in video games (see Crysis 2 and 3 for example). Could work with Allies as Marvel's Hawkeye -like character.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The STLN is supposed to be a Sylvester Stallone wannabe, with the bow being Rambo's. Your argument is invalid. #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice stuff, I really dig the cameo style Smile

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-------------
Yuri Tech Tree
-------------
-------------

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the concepts and style of this mod.

I had done my germany prism-focused too.

As such, go on. Do not let yourself be discaouraged from lack of feedback.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
I like the concepts and style of this mod.

I had done my germany prism-focused too.

As such, go on. Do not let yourself be discaouraged from lack of feedback.

Thank you for the feedback! Yeah I like the idea of side specific tech Smile

Progress as been slow due to real life issues, basically remained untouched since last post in this thread. Hopefully will have something to show soon.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RESERVED

*removed post because image hosting issues

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Go back to Upgrade Icons, probably unlocked at a higher level Tech Center

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made some changes to the AI again, also made America's ground presence stronger but still focused on hover/air tech.

I think I'm mostly done with Germany, got enough laser weapons to make it different to America.

Here's a play test of the new Allied AI. Once I feel like the Allies are more complete, I'll work on the icons.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The AI is superb.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
http://www.tiberiumweb.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2587&pid=39603

I suggest you use these muzzle flash animations. You can convert them to Unit or Anim Palette on RA2/YR Palette too.
Wow that arty muzzle is sick thank you.

deathreaperz wrote:
The AI is superb.

Thank you Very Happy trying to make it as challenging as possible without map specific code.

Here's some more visual improvements, charging railgun animation.

@Nuclei Yeah I think I'll make better icons and continue using those instead.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Railgun Animation isn't bad, could be smaller fo my taste of reality (it shouldn't be too big)

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technically a railgun should look almost like a rocket except with a shockwave following the projectile rather than flame.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

US Navy's new railgun tested a few weeks ago.

Fun fact: In a normal gun the muzzle flash is produced by excess propellant. In a rail gun the high speed of the projectile causes the air in the barrel to super heat into plasma!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More updated visuals, insignias this time, most likely gonna go with the eagle for the allies, thoughts?

I included 3 stages as Alex mentioned potentially implementing a way to make more than 2 veterancy stages.

ayyy1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.54 KB
 Viewed:  22348 Time(s)

ayyy1.png

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figured I'll just do all of them at once, been hard coming up with ideas for Yuri.. any suggestions greatly appreciated. I may just go with the big logo without the swords.

I wanted to go red for the soviets but it's hard on the eyes so a a red tinge on yellow will have to do.

Left to right: Allies, Empire(East Asia), Soviets 1 & 2, Yuri

@Anderwin: Very Happy

ayy2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.87 KB
 Viewed:  22286 Time(s)

ayy2.png

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick update, I've decided to make the mod assets completely public (upon official release) in hopes of having someone give me a hand with single player maps and the like. We're a community after all and I believe we should all be able to learn from each other.

The credits file is there for a reason, if an asset has no name to it treat it as my own and give credit where due.

A public beta release (protected) is coming soon and will just feature multiplayer. Easy, Normal and Brutal AIs will be available. Yuri and Soviets will not be available as they are unfinished.

Easy and Normal will respect prerequisites. Normal and Brutal will allow for AI cheats such as cloning via more factories. Brutal will ignore most prerequisites and have other unfair advantages.

Onto some gameplay changes, I've now moved all mini superweapons (such as Airstrike) to TechLevel=10 and will be toggleable via Superweapons On/Off. Support superweapons (Tank Drop, Repair, Power ups) will be available as normal via Radar.

The Eastern Empire will have a Particle Cannon superweapon for fun in the beta as a placeholder for their own nuke or the like.

They have very basic tech and weapons so I'm tying the railgun tech (TS railgun) to the storyline (which will be explained later, but TLDR: Sovs go back in time and as a result undo their defeat AND the commy China defeat by the Allies, join forces with them, PRC steals blueprints to their Prism weapons and modify for their use, thus; railgun tech).

Changing South Korea to North Korea, it just makes more sense.

Allied cameos will be done soon for showcase and criticism.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the Allied infantry. Quite happy with the outcome, was hard finding a blue to blend properly with the background and lighting.

ptroop art made by 4stargeneral.

allico.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.83 KB
 Viewed:  22095 Time(s)

allico.png

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coll style! I like it!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that's a unique, nice looking style, I love it. Also glad that prism trooper is getting used. #Tongue

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damm those chevrons look nice, btw the yellow star can also look like facebook's amazed face if you look right.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me likes the shield on laser tank

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Nolt & 4StarGeneral: Thanks!

@Exley: I didn't want to scrap it altogether so it will be used as a support power for Germany.

Okay I think I'm done with tweaking numbers and making things presentable.

This is the final (for the multiplayer alpha release) AI test. I've spent a couple of days playing around with difficulty and Easy/Normal are beatable but Brutal is still ridiculous especially with a complete base - starting with 10k cash makes it impossible.

3v3 Brutal at top, Normal in the middle and Easy at bottom of the map.

1v1 Same side, brutal AI

Unfortunately the game didn't last long enough to test a few things and the Iron Dragon (based on the unused Generals aircraft) was one of them, so here it is. I sent it to Creator for voxel touch ups.

I'll put everything together over the next couple of weeks for a release, cheers.

irondrag.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.91 KB
 Viewed:  21799 Time(s)

irondrag.png

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've gone ahead and released a multiplayer (skirmish only) version.

If you try it out be sure to leave feedback on anything as I would love to improve on the mod.

I'm working on incorporating it with CNCNet5 Client but am having some issues with Syringe not accepting the dll's. Once sorted I'll start working on the client.

Head over to my ModDB page for download link.

I'm set on the name Rise of the East, any suggestions or improvements are welcome.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Released v1.01 which now has basic cncnet5 functionality and loads of balancing and other tweaks, link is as above.

ayylmao on Discord

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haven't updated this in forever.

I edited the second post with the Asian Tech Tree and removed/reserved some other posts for the other tech trees.

I also shamelessly copy and pasted my latest post from ModDB but slightly modified for PPM formatting #Tongue

-----------------------

No new release yet but the next version 2.0 is coming soon. Still only a multiplayer release but will include all 4 sides, although Allies and Asia are much more polished.

Long story short lots of IRL stuff, PC was packed away and not set up until recently so I've been working as much as I can, adding new units, visuals, balancing etc.

2.0 will bring loads of changes and new features which I hope you will enjoy. I also intend on making my files public so they will not be protected, just ensure you read the credit.txt Smile

This article will focus on showing some weapon and art enhancements, so let's kick it off with:

Bullet weapons release shell casings and have new fire animations for normal and heroic levels:

Straight fire missiles no longer get affected by wind:

Next, I would like to showcase a few of Yuri's units:

Here you see the Seeker; Yuri's core AA and scouting unit, the Stealth Tank, Disruptor and the Fanatic.

Terrorist type units were rarely used in vanilla, 2.0 makes them not explode if killed early - rendering them very efficient if they are able to reach their target without harming friendlies.

Next up we have the new veterancy insignias, I chose to go back to basic looking ones rather than fancy as previously used, feedback welcome!

Lastly, I think infantry lack diversity so I'll be adding a few more - with some fun weapons. Here's the shotgun Wink

For those interested, the WIP 2.0 changelog can be found https://pastebin.com/bBzujjub.

Until next time with another update

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just watching your vids, some cool mechanics at work...

I also see you used my chrono-mlrs thing Smile

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank ya!

Haha yes, secret crate unit! Very Happy

Playing around with shot types, would love opinions on which one people prefer, I'm thinking of using the 2+1:

ayylmao on Discord

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Giving Boris the STLN treatment. Hopefully when finished will somewhat resemble a middle eastern sniper which will be Iraq's hero unit. His specialty? Shamelessly ripping off Jarmen Kell's weapons.

Anyway, been playing around with mechanics, here's a sneak peek:

All units and buildings are good to go. Provided I get all the art out of the way soon, the next release will just be pending an AI overall and we'll be good to go for 2.0. ETA 8 weeks.

ayylmao on Discord

DaubertMotion
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want, I can convert Jarmen Kell to .shp after I finish the rebel.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaubertMotion wrote:
If you want, I can convert Jarmen Kell to .shp after I finish the rebel.
That would be amazing! Thanks in advance if you get the chance Smile

ayylmao on Discord

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have a PM on the subject of development of this mod.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
You have a PM on the subject of development of this mod.
Replied! cheers

ayylmao on Discord

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Released 2.0 this week, figured I'd update this thread with the details as well.

I updated the tech tree posts further up with up to date content.

There's simply too many new things to mention in one post so I'll just link the ModDB page here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/riseoftheeast

A briefing on the release:

1. Soviets and Yuri are now playable
2. Major changes to the existing Asia and Allied factions
3. Many new units and support powers
4. Huge audio and visual improvements
5. Complete Naval warfare capabilities for all factions
6. New and improved AI
7. New and unique unit abilities. As a starting point only some units will have new/additional abilities
8. Units now get promoted from damage over time and residual damage effects such as firestorms
9. Updated CnCnet Client giving full multiplayer support

I'll leave a couple of new gameplay videos here, both oldish (prior to release fixes) Yuri and Soviet vids:

Yuri:

Soviets:

And am already working on the next version which will introduce cryo tech and some new sides, and with it some fun stuff:

Hope you guys like it, spent quite some time polishing this release and from the feedback I've received so far from the community and my testers, the multiplay component is good.

I aim to implement a campaign in 3.0 that goes in detail where East Asia sits in the story and how they have their tech/weapons.

What I hope to release first is Generals style maps so I may begin working on this first.

Cheers

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahah I like that freeze death #Tongue

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Hahah I like that freeze death #Tongue
Was very fun to make #Tongue

ayylmao on Discord

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't update this as much as I should  Very Happy

Here's some stuff that's been brewin:

Tree Terrorism!

Reshade profiles for users to play with

new CNCnet Client menu. I have new lobby screens with buttons coming as well, eventually I'll touch on the logo and other art for improvements

Have been diversifying sides lately so here's how the faction starters vary:

Also developed a killer permanent upgrade solution which I'll share the code here on PPM soon along a whole bunch of useful codes:

I've updated the gameplay playlist on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6q98RjWzyw&list=PLQjP4WFzumnQFfMFYuyBO_TThvGCAcS2h

And of course if you want to try 2.1, feel free to join the discord to download the latest copy!

ayylmao on Discord

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2.1 Released!

The ModDB article covers everything there is to know but here is a short list:

YR Remastered Campaign
Save and Load Games
Full Client Support/Revamp + File Updater
ReShade Support + Client Integration
Custom Map Editor
Website + Unit Description/Guide

Worthy mentions:
Lots of new maps + some exclusives
Exclusive artwork made just for Rise of the East!
New Units and Support Powers
Permanent Upgrades
Weather Effects

Here's a quick look at the images from the post:

New Client Look and features such as self updater, ReShade integration and custom drop down menu functions and more, thanks for Kerbiter's fork:

Moving forward we'll have a brand new campaign and exclusive new assets with the Asian side, GLA implementation and further visual improvements.
These are the new upcoming flag designs:

And this is one of the new buildings WIP and design:

If you end up trying the mod I hope you enjoy Smile

ayylmao on Discord

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, but given the effort to stay within reasonably sized units and even realistic units, the Scion raiders really stick out Smile

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it still being developed? I would love to join the team.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NCoder wrote:
Is it still being developed? I would love to join the team.
Yes it is, 3.0 is coming out in a few weeks.

I just don't update this thread anymore I don't see much benefit. You can also try the 3.0 beta via the client if you switch to the beta update server.

You can follow the mod on ModDB here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/riseoftheeast

Or you can join us on discord: https://discord.gg/ecd2uPZ9

Communication via discord is best if you want to contribute.

Cheers

ayylmao on Discord

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. So interesting, but unfortunately it seems like there are no open position for me, I'm not artist or mapper. Thanks anyway for the response.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon