Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Cold War Mod countries
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:  Cold War Mod countries
Subject description: Yep my other mod.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would like to start a discussion about which "more" countries to add in my cold war mod as I you've seen previously in my form there were a group countries per side that I will be adding.

Mainly I trying to add countries that manufactures weaponry especially heavy weapons ( tank, aircraft, defences etc.. ) in RL and any other obvious player in the cold war or countries that had went into some sort of war during that time, any ideas guys ?

Note: I can only add 9 ( were 12  ) countires to existing ones already so it better be a good dozen selection both sides.

For assigned Allied Side :

America, Britain, South korea, Japan, Israel, Turkey, France, Germany.

For assigned Soviet Side :

USSR, Ukraine ( Replaced by India ), China, North korea, Egypt, Iraq, Brazil, Cuba.

For assigned Yuri Side :

PSI Core, Splinter Cell, Cobra Unit, Chaos Legion.

For the unassigned Allied Side :

Argentina, New Zealand, Belgium, Australia, Phillipines, Iceland, Canada, Poland, Pakistan, Greece, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Imperial Iran, Netherlands, Thailand, Taiwan, Chile, Finland, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Malta, South Africa, Portugal, Estonia, Lithuania, Lativa.

For the unassigned Soviet Side :

Latin Confederation, Burma, Mozambique, Asian Collective, Arab Union, Ethopia, Poland, African Empire (1/2), Islamic Republic of Iran, Romania, Czech Republic, Laos, Somalia, Kazakhstan, Libya, Sudan, African Empire (2/2), Mexico, Syria, Mongolia, Ukraine, Morocco, Vietnam, Angola, Venezuela, india.

Edit: Credits goes to left hand for Flag art.

Factions.png
 Description:
( The flags that has a pink background is what I am thinking of adding after elimination)

Edit: Switzerland is also an option tho dunno about their military/political stance though.
 Filesize:  25.46 KB
 Viewed:  2897 Time(s)

Factions.png

Last edited by Bu7loos on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please include Canada, can easily win a war by apologizing after they attack.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Please include Canada, can easily win a war by apologizing after they attack.

Kill them with kindness #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More information would be helpful, an actual list of countries instead of flags would be better to. Lets see how many I can recognize... (+ some notes)

Allied (main):
America
Britain
South Korea
Japan
Israel
Turkey
France
Germany

Soviet (Main):
Russia/Soviet Union
Ukraine
China (China & the Soviet Union spent most of the cold war fighting each other over who's version of Communism was better & nearly started WW3 several times.)
North Korea (Ally of China & not Soviet Union)
Brazil (The USA's biggest ally in South America, so why Soviet?)
Cuba

Egypt & Syria have used both of the Arab flags that you've shown, Iraq also used the second one for awhile too so I cant say what they are.

Yuri:
Umm... yeah.

Allied (Idea):
Argentina (Not friends with USA & went to war with Britain, so why Allied?)
New Zealand
Australia
Philippines
Iceland
Canada
Poland
Pakistan (Ally of the Soviets, so why Allied?)
Greece
Spain
Italy
Sweden
???
Netherlands  
Thailand
Republic of China
Chile
Finland
Denmark
???
???
South Africa
Portugal
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania

Soviet (Idea):
??? (Looks Central American)
Republic of China (Both Allied & Soviet!?)
??? (Looks African)
???
Saudi Arabia (Main Arab ally of the USA & Britain, so why Soviet?)
???
Poland (Both Allied & Soviet!?)
Libya (The RA2 Libyan flag tho, not the the real one)
Iran (Was an ally of the USA until the 1979 revolution)
Romania
Czechoslovakia
???
???
???
Libya (Old Libyan Republic flag)  
Palestine, Sudan, Jordan or Arab Federation.
???
Mexico
Syria (Again)
???
Ukraine (Again, but this time the modern flag)
Morocco
Vietnam
Angola
Venezuela
India  (Ally of Britain, so why Soviet?)

So are you using the real life time for these countries (But with Yuri!?), the Red Alert timeline or your own made up one? I ask because the alliances of some of these countries or even their existence would be different. For example in RA2 there is no North Korea, Israel or Pakistan. The Eastern European countries such as Poland, Czechoslovakia & Romania wouldn't be under Post-WW2 Soviet control either & thus would be neutral or Allied.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
So are you using the real life time for these countries (But with Yuri!?), the Red Alert timeline or your own made up one?

I am trying to fuse RL with Ra2/YR with adding my own mix to it but hey I am open to ideas, also less countries would be better though there are some I would not want to change. Here are my current sides in my Rulesmd text:

; Allied Side :

0=America
1=Britain
2=France
3=Germany
4=Belgium  
5=Swistzerland
6=Sweeden    
7=SouthKorea
8=Japan
9=Thailand    
10=Israel
11=Turkey
12=Iran      
13=Pakistan

; Soviet Side :

14=Cuba
15=Mexico
16=Brazil
17=Syria
18=Iraq
19=Eygpt
20=NorthKorea
21=Vietnam
22=China
23=India
24=USSR

; Yuri's Side :

25=ChaosLegion
26=CobraUnit
27=SplinterCell
28=PsiCore

; Other :

29=GDI
30=Nod
31=Neutral
32=Special

I am having thoughts of replacing sides of Pakistan (from allies to soviets) and India (From soviets to allies)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Switzerland & Sweden are famously neutral countries. If you want a Scandinavian country tho Finland would be best choice. During WW2 & RA1 they where allies with Germany against the Soviets.

The Allied headquarters would probably be in Belgium (like the EU & NATO are now days) but their army is pretty insignificant compared to other Allied/NATO countries.  

Do you plan to stick to the IRL/RA1 timeline regarding Japan, with USA fighting & defeating them while the (EU) Allies fight the Soviets. Then by the time of RA2 they are Allies?

Without the Nazis & the holocaust what is the catalyst that causes the mass migration of Jews to Palestine to form Israel?

It's unsure if the Korean war never happened or if the Allies defeated the North Koreans, But in RA2 it's one unified country. Do you plan to just ignore that or do you have some reasoning for the North-South split?    

Thailand is an ally to the USA but is a rather unstable country with a weak military. You already have Korea & Japan to represent the Allied Asian countries too, so I don't think they are necessary.

Why Iran specifically instead any of the other Arab countries?

As mentioned in my previous post Brazil is the USA's strongest ally in South America, what happened to make the switch to the Soviets?

Egypt had friendly relations with the Soviets with them even buying military equipment from them. But overall I would say their relationship with America was stronger, they however did fight Britain & France during the Suez Crisis but that was over money & not ideology etc. If you have Syria & Iraq I don't think a third Arab country is needed.

Sum suggestions would be

Allies:
Poland
Greece
Australia
South Africa
Brazil

Soviets:
Argentina
Angola
Myanmar/Burma

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm ... Poland , Bulgaria , Czechoslovakia ODKB in cold war . Ukraine , Estonia , latvia part Soviet Union .

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Philippines doesn't really have it's own MBT in real life, only Support Tanks and APCs

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't Poland be Soviet? Pretty sure even in RA2 they are since the mission take out the nuclear silos is set there. I think they basically ignored RA1 europe and made RA2 a cold war setting already.

Presumably there was never a north / south split in Korea if the Soviets didn't go to war with Japan and occupy that part of the country. I guess Japan would simply have been occupied by / surrendered to only the Americans.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Switzerland & Sweden are famously neutral countries. If you want a Scandinavian country tho Finland would be best choice. During WW2 & RA1 they where allies with Germany against the Soviets

Eh ? But they manufacture weaponry ? the thing is I am aiming about taking countries that manufacture weapons again anything from tank and APC's to air planes defences and etc but the exception here would be small arms.

But if this is the case with Switzerland & Sweden isnt there any other country that uses their weaponry majorly ? also, about Finland yes I read it fought against sov's durings WW2, and I was considering of putting them in game, does idea of using Swedish and swis weaponry sound ok ? or should they go German and Belgium ?

Quote:
The Allied headquarters would probably be in Belgium (like the EU & NATO are now days) but their army is pretty insignificant compared to other Allied/NATO countries.

Eh ? really ?, Well again I guess I can make another country use their weaponry any suggestions for that are welcomed.

Also, I would like to ask about Italy do they have an significant force ? or role in NATO ? I only know that they fought along side with the Germans in WW2 but against Britain in Africa for that regard.

Quote:
Do you plan to stick to the IRL/RA1 timeline regarding Japan, with USA fighting & defeating them while the (EU) Allies fight the Soviets. Then by the time of RA2 they are Allies?

Yes, that would be most likely the case.

Quote:
Without the Nazis & the holocaust what is the catalyst that causes the mass migration of Jews to Palestine to form Israel?

Should I fancy the idea of European country governments using Jewish (or anti-smite for that matter) hate propaganda that lead them to migrate to Palestine ?

Or should I consider Palestine to Replace Israel and become Western Backed  ?

Or should I consider a Jewish massacre that happened in the soviet union (if I am not mistaken there was something against religion in soviet union in late 20's and 30's) that acts as a huge purge that lead them fleeing to Europe that overburden and it and then they got redirected to Palestine ?

Quote:
It's unsure if the Korean war never happened or if the Allies defeated the North Koreans, But in RA2 it's one unified country. Do you plan to just ignore that or do you have some reasoning for the North-South split?

I may De-split them since both (Korea and Japan) are defending against china and this in it self it too much for both to handle considering the sheer size of the Chinese army but then again there is Australia. also what about Vietnam for that matter ? and for Burma why did you choose it to be instead of Vietnam ?

Quote:
Thailand is an ally to the USA but is a rather unstable country with a weak military. You already have Korea & Japan to represent the Allied Asian countries too, so I don't think they are necessary.

Fair enough.

Quote:
Why Iran specifically instead any of the other Arab countries?

This time around the 1979 Islamic revolution never happened in which Imperial Iran still stand and with regards of Saudi Arabia, I don't really fancy the idea of adding them.

Quote:
As mentioned in my previous post Brazil is the USA's strongest ally in South America, what happened to make the switch to the Soviets?

A southern significant threat against the Americans would make things interesting ill have to read into their politics a bit come up with something, but yeah If I do not find anything reasonable I would remove them, but If I consider siding them with sov's that would be the same with mexico (might make Brazil to have some influence on them).

Quote:
Egypt had friendly relations with the Soviets with them even buying military equipment from them. But overall I would say their relationship with America was stronger, they however did fight Britain & France during the Suez Crisis but that was over money & not ideology etc. If you have Syria & Iraq I don't think a third Arab country is needed.

I'd like to keep all 3 countries with each other in soviet trench since they were the main arab against israel players in the late 60's and early 70's. Egypt did have good relations with Americans after 1973 and before 56 and a bit after it but the president nasser  did change to the Soviet bloc back then in which in this time around he did not die the 1970 in during the war of attrition.

@O-Bolt: Yep most likely will keep Poland soviet rather than allied, and yes the Japanese would be occupied by the american in which by the time of Ra2 they will with allied side.

@NucleiSplitter: Dunno about adding the Philippines but I'll were I would get with this, since Australia would still a major player along side with japan and Korea.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Switzerland uses French weapons but Sweden does/has produced its own equipment. Both countries have remained neutral in all European conflicts for several hundred years tho. They would probably only join the Allies if the Soviets directly invade & they where about to collapse.

Other then rifles Belgium doesn't produce any military equipment. Its army is small & mainly relies on France for protection.

Italy would be a better choice then Belgium, they produce there own military equipment & have fought the Soviets in WW2 & then went on to be a founding member of NATO.

Without Hitler I'm very doubtful that anti-semitism would be strong enough in Europe to force the Jewish population out. Besides I would think that Communism would be a bigger threat #Tongue

Without the foundation of Israel & the resulting wars Palestine would probably be a rather insignificant country. TBH Israel is the main reason most of the Arab countries have large military forces. Without Israel the middle east would look very different today.

The Soviet Union was anti-religious but they didn't specifically target the Jewish community.

Without the 1979 revolution Iran would probably be similar to Saudi Arabia.    

Poland as a Soviet country doesn't make sense in RA2. It would mean that after liberating Poland & then going on to defeat the Soviets in RA1, the Allies would then just say we don't care about Poland you can keep it. It's like if someone tried to burgle your house & was caught but you then took your stuff to prison & gave it to them anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon