Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Downtown Warfare
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:  Downtown Warfare
Subject description: By Drive
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new multiplayer map for DTA version 1.16 by Drive.

Downtown Warfare.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  4826 Time(s)

Downtown Warfare.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Question: Can we have some GTA-style warfare please?
You know, with stealable cars armed with MGs, Firetrucks using killer Waterpumps (or flamethrowers like that one GTA2 mission) Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be possible, yes.
Though then each player would need a buildable vehicle hijacker infantry, which is more likely used against approaching enemy tanks than civilian cars. (can't be restricted to work on civilians only)

However this sounds like a fun idea for a custom gamemode mission (DTA meets GTA).
Each player starts with a single commando unit which can hijack vehicles. The map providing all the civil cars with weapons.
Unfortunately would this be impossible to play against the AI.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who cares about the AI?

As long as it all works, it won't get any worse.

That, and I'm already working on implementing OpenTopped Civie cars into YR. It'll be fun for sure!

Let the fun begin! Smile

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why not just download GTA 2 for free? it has even multiplayer  Laughing

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, but I wanna 2.5D GTA. Not that 2D/3D 'gangsta s#!%'

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
It would be possible, yes.
Though then each player would need a buildable vehicle hijacker infantry, which is more likely used against approaching enemy tanks than civilian cars. (can't be restricted to work on civilians only)

However this sounds like a fun idea for a custom gamemode mission (DTA meets GTA).
Each player starts with a single commando unit which can hijack vehicles. The map providing all the civil cars with weapons.
Unfortunately would this be impossible to play against the AI.

Problem with such mission is that hijacker takes damage whenever he gets out of destroyed vehicle (may not even get always out)
so can't play it so well with one infantry as he'll die in couple hijacks if not sooner and at very least needs selfhealing.
Those armed civ units need to be special house I guess or they will gun down the 'hijacker' potentially and cheating this with huge health is a bit off.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Special house is allied to everyone, but can still be hijacked. Thus perfect for the civilians.
I think Hijacker could get a special armor type (e.g. concrete) and made immune to the damage done by exploding vehicles (they use either C4Warhead if unarmed or the warhead of their weapon).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This city looks weird. On one hand it appears a bright, lush city, on the other it's been ravaged by Tiberium. Looks fun, though.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The closest I've seen to a GTA map is in Tiberian Sun Dusk where it has a zillion pedestrians walking around and lots of traffic to run you over.

I haven't been able to get Dusk to work though, since all those years ago

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

drive
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At first OpenRA would be best for a gamemode like that .. (more than 8 players, and map limit is somthing over 700x700).. and you can script your own stuff to your mod.

A guy already did in openRA engine a Renegade like gamemode, making somthing like GTA wouldn't be impossible either, but it would be a lot of scripting work, like letting civilians spawn when you hijack a driving car, let cops spawn that chase you and when theyr close enough they exit their vehicle to shoot you. fun fact you could make markers that warp your unit (your caracter) to a different location for example a jail interior.

But for real why would someone do somthing like that? when you dont like GTA2, then you can just download multi theft auto and play on thousends of servers with so many gamemodes you want.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My argument from before still stands.

"True, but I wanna 2.5D GTA. Not that 2D/3D 'gangsta s#!%'"

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drive wrote:
why not just download GTA 2 for free? it has even multiplayer  Laughing

ONLY if it is a freeware exactly like tiberian sun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon