Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
porting mod units from Generals to C&C3
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject:  porting mod units from Generals to C&C3 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just wondrin if it will be possible to port my mod units from GeneralsZH to c&c3, it will certainly be great to use my mod units in a game engine that uses shaders like c&c3.

sshot026.jpg
 Description:
Vehicles
 Filesize:  326.47 KB
 Viewed:  45318 Time(s)

sshot026.jpg

sshot014.jpg
 Description:
infantry types
 Filesize:  276.5 KB

sshot014.jpg

sshot013.jpg
 Description:
US Structures
 Filesize:  341.75 KB

sshot013.jpg

sshot012.jpg
 Description:
Choppr Collections
 Filesize:  374.08 KB

sshot012.jpg

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Replacement Mammoth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is my replacement fotr the mammoth tank

ScreenShot04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  239.02 KB
 Viewed:  45311 Time(s)

ScreenShot04.jpg

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: replacement for the Troop Carrier Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This will replace GDI's Troop Carrier

stryker.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.56 KB
 Viewed:  45307 Time(s)

stryker.jpg

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I'm getting some ideas regarding the shaders being used in C&C3. The shader files in the shaders big of c&c 3 are somewhat similar to the shaders being used in StarWars Empire at War, They are similarly named FXO files and provides for those bump, Gloss, specular fx's. I'm at present praticing applying dx9 shader textures to my models using the w3D tools in 3DS max 8, (i'm using BFM2 w3D tools), in anticipation of the release of the c&c3 MOD SDK, if it will indeed be provided. Then perhaps i can go full swing with modding C&C3........

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic work!

Especially the Mammoth replacement.

While I actually prefer the one already in the game, that would make an awesome Nod counter to GDI's Mammoth. To me it looks more like a Nod Heavy than a GDI.

That Heavy blasting head to head with a GDI Mammoth would look incredable!

Just my opinion, but regardless, it's kickass work.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That work's incredible. Is your mod publically available because ive never seen i before?

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The top three screenshots are from my GeneralsZH MOD "ULTIMATE WAR" I've never made it public due to the high poly assets that i'm sure will make the old sage engine of GenZH crawl. The NEW (OPTIMIZED) Engine of C&C3 will surely be able to handle these kind of high poly assets. The MAMMOTH VARIANT above is intended to be used by NOD as a counter unit against the original Mammoth (Which i'm gonna replace with something that will be equally beautiful in graphics). See tha color scheme of my MAMMOTH? its near enough to the color scheme of NOD units..... The texture details will be further highlighted once a new w3d or w3x viewer is released (since the old w3d viewer intended for renegade does not render dx9 shader while the bfme2 w3d viewer likewise does not have the screenshot tool that the old viewer has)....

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: My Replacement for the NOD Scorpion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's what will replace the NOD Scorpion: over-all poly count=2520

Scorp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  234.98 KB
 Viewed:  45257 Time(s)

Scorp.jpg

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know if that mod had ever got released you'd be near a c&c ZH god lol.

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Ships Ahoy! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once that MOD SDK is out? I'm gonna rip everything that can be possible in making C&C3 more to my likings. In fact i have two (2) Mods planned. One in the Tiberian Universe and the other is in the timeline of RED ALERT3..........

Somebody in some other forums discussing c&c 3 mods said that naval warfare will not be possible... I think he was plain wrong coz i've seen one naval unit with a appropriate locomotor for a seaborne vehicle: the Hover craft which delivered mammoths in the alexandria mssion of GDI? (of course we will just have to restrict its movement to that of deeper waters only and adjust its float values and physics through xml coding which i am well versed from other RTS games which already used this formats a long time now)......
heres a CARRIER that will debut in my coming RED ALERT universe MOD

ships.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  45245 Time(s)

ships.jpg

Last edited by cavesyudepu on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow thats huge, cant wait for the mods to be complete Very Happy

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit. Dude, these are mindblowing! Especially that Mammoth Tank. Is this mod ever going to be released? This makes installign ZH interesting, even the Infantry are amazing.

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything will depend on a MOD SDK from EALA if and ever they provide for an import export plugins as well as documentations on the ART and coding PIPELINE............

and if the system will be "MOD FRIENDLY' enough so that what we modders have learned all through the W3D Years will not be wasted.......... Like how to animate the Tank Threads through vertex linear offset setting of the textures, applying the transparency in textures so that we can attain the way my helicopter rotors looks like, the glass in cockpits...etc...etc.. relearning from scrach will be a long journey for us all fans and modders of C&C games. I've been around since the DOS versions of the games, to Playstation One, and recently the Generals series, and have faithfully followed the trends in modding even up yo now that i am a parent to four kids who are all just like me... addicted to computer games................

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW Surprised Everything looks great!!! can you make a mini mod then for the demo (later...)?

Raptor8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG,those are awesome. What did you design them with ? I need that program. If you can tell me where u got it im me at laxhegemonist, pm me , or email me at raptorirq6665@gmail.com.

-Wraith88 on EA forums

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow good models except the AC. Textures could use more detail though

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
wow good models except the AC. Textures could use more detail though

Are you seeing the same stuff, I'm seeing? Shocked

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cavesyudepu wrote:
The top three screenshots are from my GeneralsZH MOD "ULTIMATE WAR" I've never made it public due to the high poly assets that i'm sure will make the old sage engine of GenZH crawl. The NEW (OPTIMIZED) Engine of C&C3 will surely be able to handle these kind of high poly assets. The MAMMOTH VARIANT above is intended to be used by NOD as a counter unit against the original Mammoth (Which i'm gonna replace with something that will be equally beautiful in graphics). See tha color scheme of my MAMMOTH? its near enough to the color scheme of NOD units..... The texture details will be further highlighted once a new w3d or w3x viewer is released (since the old w3d viewer intended for renegade does not render dx9 shader while the bfme2 w3d viewer likewise does not have the screenshot tool that the old viewer has)....

Please release it in 0hr for now until the SDK's come out, it will be worth the lag (tho i dont think there will be any #Tongue)

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey! There are now some stuff and you can work onto the conversion now? No?

Errmmm....

Why am I allways telling shit? Laughing

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If i can see correctly on your last screenshots, you have even created a new campaign Razz You are really good dude Cool

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: All C&C3 Mod Projects Ported over to SupCom Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just decided to try Supreme Commanders "EXTREME" Modability for the moment........ I cant see any hope in Modding C&C3 coz of the very "Limited" Mod Capability and the total lack of Developer Support............. Just look at the released World Builder for C&C3... EALA Stripped everything relating to access to "assets" (Their SDK-if it ever come out-will likewise be that limited).........

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah supreme commander is awesome, is it really as good as the movies show it. Another thin, how good would these models be in the battlefield series.

cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah..... Supreme Commander is indeed EXTREMELY MODABLE..... here's some models i've already imported into 3DS Max 9 (TSupCom's Mod Community already has a model import/export plugin for 3DS Max 9 that even supports applying animations...)

Note: The textures of these models have been redone by me using photoshop to see if i could "mimic" the color scheme in C&C3.... look for yourseleves.... aint they nice models compared to the AA Turret and the GunPlatform of the GDI?....

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.34 KB
 Viewed:  44738 Time(s)

1.jpg

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Omg this thread is absolutely delicious!

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Klinkhammer Artillery, Tech 1 air defense, tech 2 air defense, and tech 2 point defense... pretty cool stuff for GDI. Better than their watchtower T_T

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
cavesyudepu
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for "daChickenHead" whatever................ All the "previous" posts i made did not in any manner of speaking "OWN" any of the "Models" i've peresented in my posts.............. If it ever "DID" came to be somewhat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TO YOU in any manner...... then thank you you for your very "RESPECTABLE" post............. IT ENDED SOMETHING.......................

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude.. seriously.. take a chill-pill.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhmm.. either you're really high, really drunk, or just really stupid because i said that i LIKED the models. they would look GOOD in C&C 3... I always thought the UEF reminded me of GDI.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, cavesyudepu, any progress? Those looked really sweet.

HaMsTeYr
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, i registered into this forum coz i'm a modder myself, and i wanna say....

YOU ARE MY NEW GOD x_x. I'd tune down the poly count on those models still though... they'd smash any system when spammed >.>

sage_inferno
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The scorpion tank chassi is 783 polys.
Stop comparing new games to the unoptimized engine of generals.

HaMsTeYr
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You still don't want to go in an unnecessarily bash the end users computers for a whole lot of nothing right? #Tongue Besides, if you're talking bout those infantries and you're gonna be using like 5 of them in a squad then i'd think it'd be in your best interest to tone them down a tad haha

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with the generals and ZH sage engine poly count is irevelent. its the total amount of objects map rendering and Ai coding and textures that lag it down the most.

GARYOSAVAN
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good very cool! I love all of them!

Lightstorm
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the nod mammoth looks kind of underpowered, i like the shape and design but the gun turrets look too weak for a unit that is supposed to go head to head with a GDI mammoth

HaydenG
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you expect no one on these forums to of played BF2? BF2142? People, none of these models were made by him. All of these models were rips, for instance... the carrier is from BF2 clear as day. I've looked at some of your other threads... they are all rips!!! You disgrace modelers that actually model, imo.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HaydenG wrote:
Did you expect no one on these forums to of played BF2? BF2142? People, none of these models were made by him. All of these models were rips, for instance... the carrier is from BF2 clear as day. I've looked at some of your other threads... they are all rips!!! You disgrace modelers that actually model, imo.

As long as its not unbalanced as hell, the mods just fine, and as long as its not from mods he didn't make. Razz

Otherwise, it looks damn good, hope it all gets completed sooner or later. Razz

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So those models aint from C&C? What the **** do you care as long as it was not from your own mod and did the guy stole them from you? and another thing, the guy never said anything about making those models himself.

I think the best part here is the "HOW" did the guy managed to integrate those models in an effecient way (Look at the ingame screenshots, the "better looking rotors, the transparent glasses, the carrier with those nicely proportioned planes taking off, etc...)

give us a break you freakin guys who slams their worthless ****load of whines coz you are not the only ones in this forum who wants to see how better C&C could be with those other-world art assets.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think CoolSon is cavesyudepu. Same writing style. And it does matter because pplw want to see what you can do personally, not what you can just import and hope no one finds out.

HaydenG
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CoolSon wrote:
So those models aint from C&C? What the **** do you care as long as it was not from your own mod and did the guy stole them from you? and another thing, the guy never said anything about making those models himself.

I think the best part here is the "HOW" did the guy managed to integrate those models in an effecient way (Look at the ingame screenshots, the "better looking rotors, the transparent glasses, the carrier with those nicely proportioned planes taking off, etc...)

give us a break you freakin guys who slams their worthless ****load of whines coz you are not the only ones in this forum who wants to see how better C&C could be with those other-world art assets.

You keep on thinking that. If you were actually an artist, you would hate to see other people take your work. If you saw his other threads where he said he was making new units for C&C3 and showed a picture of 2 mechs from BF2142 put together. The least he could do is give credit to someones work.

EDIT: Yeah, CoolSon is cavesyudepu. It's quite obvious.

CoolSon
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not that other guy you think. I can never make/import or export to a game any models i would have love to (Coz i dont have those tools you have).

anyway, look at the latest posted model of the predator tank, how do call what the other guy did?

isn't it the same ripping or is it canniballized form? and you praise the guy coz he havent gone to the extreme yet?

what kind of turds ar ya?

drsa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how can get this mod ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [42 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum